The Curse of Moon Quay Beta now available

9 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

More of a reason to do so, less competition over the same food.

You are the only person who cares this much about favorite food. Don't worry, nobody is going to steal your bananas because it's their favorite food. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Here's hoping the rest of the devs are more open minded and rational about adding Wilbur, there's a bigger potential than ever with Wilbur's addition.

If nothing else, I would like to at least see Wonkey as a possible starting character straight from the portal. Maybe a couple extra QoL abilities? If he could transform back, then it'd be cool if it were simply a random character.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

5 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean considering it lets you walk to salt formations and seaweeds I feel it taking a while is fine. Not against them making the process faster tho.

there are certain restrictions to build docks. You will need lucky world gen

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Here's hoping the rest of the devs are more open minded and rational about adding Wilbur, there's a bigger potential than ever with Wilbur's addition

i think that there is less potential than ever... everybody can be a wilbur clon which will make wilbur redundant and these monkeys arent primal monkeys from SW

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

You are the only person who cares this much about favorite food. Don't worry, nobody is going to steal your bananas because it's their favorite food. 

Seems a few people agree on the favorite food change for Wormwood. As I stated earlier it's only a nitpick and the comment you're replying to is a reply to someone who addressed me directly. 

I fail to see where your need to be spiteful stems from. 

• Like 7
  • Potato Cup 1

6 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

This update is gonna turn ocean content on it's head for people just being able to build a dock that leads to salt formations is gonna be huge for Warly and The trawler net is gonna be huge for Wurts and people who want to make fish a primary foods source this might just be my favorite content update and I haven't even figured everything out yet.

this update is awesome for Wurt. 

grass raft allows us to get kelp needed for the king even earlier, and monkey tails could help if your world gen gave you tiny swamp. (it's gonna be even better for Wickerbottom)

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

12 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think the devs were very clever here.
Instead of adding a character that is super weak, mostly useless and only there to please a few people, they added a curse. And now those people can stay as a monkey, should they decide to.

Yup! This is really nice, I liked wilbur because of his somewhat unique movement mechanics, I just hope they add some cosmetic stuff to Wonkey for maybe having shipwrecked to make it look like Wilbur for the people that want the 100% authentic experience, oh and they could still add Wilbur in a way to buff players that are monkeys... but that's just a little idea that probably wouldn't make sense to spend dev time on.

1 hour ago, Owlrust said:

If nothing else, I would like to at least see Wonkey as a possible starting character straight from the portal. Maybe a couple extra QoL abilities? If he could transform back, then it'd be cool if it were simply a random character.

this too, I'd love to start as Wonkey, but also I'm looking forward to all the Wonkey Speedruns coming up!

• Potato Cup 1

What happen to things that monkeys steal ? Are they lost forever if the monkey go back in his house ? 

Can we take things back if we kill the monkey ? If we destroy his house ?

Every items can be dropped on the ground or is there some limits ? like the celestial crown. It sounds like dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

2 hours ago, skile said:

this update is awesome for Wurt. 

grass raft allows us to get kelp needed for the king even earlier, and monkey tails could help if your world gen gave you tiny swamp. (it's gonna be even better for Wickerbottom)

Agreed it's amazing for Wurt even more so when you consider the trawler can passively gather fish for tributes even if you have to be careful it doesn't get over run. What I love about it is kiel basically added fisher merms without just porting the mob over and made it a risk reward system rather than a passive fish generator.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

What happen to things that monkeys steal ? Are they lost forever if the monkey go back in his house ? 

Can we take things back if we kill the monkey ? If we destroy his house ?

Every items can be dropped on the ground or is there some limits ? like the celestial crown. It sounds like dangerous.

i think the captian drops a map that marks a treasure where your stuff will be buried but couldnt test it much

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think the captian drops a map that marks a treasure where your stuff will be buried but couldnt test it much

What a pain in case of important stuff. Cursed and big loss. Sound too much but we'll see.

• Potato Cup 1

16 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

What a pain in case of important stuff. Cursed and big loss. Sound too much but we'll see.

imagine, when i was testing i loaded an old world and reach the island. fought some monkeys and realize that they stole my walking cane so i cant reach my boat cuz was a little far from the shore. Gladly i had an oar with me so  ineeded to stole one of their boats to reach mine xD

i guess that we will need to place twiggs on inventory 1 and dont bring anything of value in your inventory

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • Potato Cup 1

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

imagine, when i was testing i loaded an old world and reach the island. fought some monkeys and realize that they stole my walking cane so i cant reach my boat cuz was a little far from the shore. Gladly i had an oar with me so  ineeded to stole one of their boats to reach mine xD

i guess that we will need to place twiggs on inventory 1 and dont bring anything of value in your inventory

The twigs in inventory 1 is how i sometimes deal with frog rains already, so not biggie.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

This is the best update ever, change my mind.

The fact that we get: a new island, bananas on the surface, CANNONS, new monkeys, a renewable source of reeds and other resources, NEW BOATS, treasure maps, docks, and more is just insane! Keep up the good work Klei.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Kwidge said:

This is the best update ever, change my mind.

The fact that we get: a new island, bananas on the surface, CANNONS, new monkeys, a renewable source of reeds and other resources, NEW BOATS, treasure maps, docks, and more is just insane! Keep up the good work Klei.

Don't Ignore the new semi-character that is really close to wilbur, minus the befriending monkeys part!

• Like 2

This is easily a 10/10 update

Do you want just play silly boat pvp with Canons? There you go

Do you want cool new ocean stuff with new fun boat mechanics? there you go

New enemies? we got plenty

New farms? Yes PLEASE

Late game content to challenge both new and old players? MONKE GO BRRR

It is looking absolutely great and I'm assuming there's more to it since that portal is interesting maybe we see it truly active in 2023 when the final chapter rolls? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hornete said:

Well, you'll like that there's an unimplemented magnet structure in the game currently that has one boat follow another :)
unknown.png

but won't they crash into each other if one stops moving? Or is there a limit to how close they can get? Also This looks very cool I hope they actually add it

17 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean considering it lets you walk to salt formations and seaweeds I feel it taking a while is fine. Not against them making the process faster tho.

Making a boat bridge works as well, if not better since you could move them to let another boat through. Arguably cheaper since all it needs is wood compared to wood, scales and stingers

• Like 1