The Curse of Moon Quay Beta now available

4 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

but won't they crash into each other if one stops moving? Or is there a limit to how close they can get? Also This looks very cool I hope they actually add it

It's weak enough that you won't ever get damaged or leaks.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

Oh cool. so if you have one on your boat and have the item at your base, you can sail away and then it's a recall? it won't work if there is any land between you and the boat though, it'll just get stuck. Doesn't that mean it could also get stuck on sea stacks or anger some sea weeds or cookie cutters?

Just now, SmallBirdHungry said:

Oh cool. so if you have one on your boat and have the item at your base, you can sail away and then it's a recall? it won't work if there is any land between you and the boat though, it'll just get stuck. Doesn't that mean it could also get stuck on sea stacks or anger some sea weeds or cookie cutters?

It only works if both the magnet and beacon are loaded in the game world.(aka a player has to be near them). If both are loaded by different players, then Im not sure, I'm unaware of what the range is currently.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

can be used like a beefalo bell to call your boat from off screen? would be cool to have the item in the inventory and walk to the other side of the world to just see how your boat appears instead of sailing arround the world when you wanna go to opposite sides of the map

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

It only works if both the magnet and beacon are loaded in the game world.(aka a player has to be near them). If both are loaded by different players, then Im not sure, I'm unaware of what the range is currently.

oh, you just answered my question xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Hornete said:

Well, you'll like that there's an unimplemented magnet structure in the game currently that has one boat follow another :)
unknown.png

I really hope that gets implemented.

Cause this is RAFT kind of stuff right there making multipile boats with different structures on them and sailing with them all at once

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

but won't they crash into each other if one stops moving? Or is there a limit to how close they can get? Also This looks very cool I hope they actually add it

Making a boat bridge works as well, if not better since you could move them to let another boat through. Arguably cheaper since all it needs is wood compared to wood, scales and stingers

I’m hoping that with the addition of the following magnets and docks that Klei will now ramp up the difficulty of sailing the ocean itself- AKA.. High/Rough seas with Waves or Dangerous Mobs that will attack and ultimately destroy “Boat Bridges”

Why? Because I despise them… they look ugly, and when someone makes them in My worlds they make my Worlds look ugly.. Also- Have you ever been on a boat out at sea? It’s dangerous.. the Ocean is a living breathing place, Boats can’t just sit in water for forever untied down to something.

Yes I realize this will ruin a lot of peoples gameplay, and you know what? I don’t care.. the OCEAN of DST should feel more like Ark Survival Evolved or ATLAS…

In short: Alive and Dangerous with its own Risks and Rewards. Besides… surely you do not think they added canons, Rutters and Anchors for nothing did you…?

14 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Here's hoping the rest of the devs are more open minded and rational about adding Wilbur, there's a bigger potential than ever with Wilbur's addition.

personally i think they probably wont add more characters because there's 16 and that's the total amount of pawn pieces on a chessboard

Edited by CactusCompanion
  • Sanity 3

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yes I realize this will ruin a lot of peoples gameplay, and you know what? I don’t care.. the OCEAN of DST should feel more like Ark Survival Evolved or ATLAS…

I get the point you are trying to make but the ocean in Ark its not very good, its kinda boring and doesn't have much to do in it.

And yes I agree its a bit weird that you can make bridges with boats but they are harmless at the end of the day, just for people who don't like sailing that much.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CactusCompanion said:

personally i think they probably wont add more characters because there's 16 and that's the total amount of pawn pieces on a chessboard

but Maxwell is sorta a king?

well, was one. 

so there's maybe a chance for a new character someday in the future? 

certainly not for Wilbur though, sadly. 

Okay, I gotta be honest and say that I was quite doubtful about that update as it looks so colorful and cheery abd I was hoping for more eldritch stuff and less.. monke. But they had me the moment I finally got the Moon Quay pun. A new portal and an actual curse-mechanic look quite promising and since people have been calling for Shipwrecked DST for ages, this looks like a nice way to implement a bit of the vibes. Also the menu screen art looks amazing!

• Like 1

So far, my favorite parts is the Polly Roger's Hat, I had wished previously for an item to pick stuff on sea and hope this one to work as well as it looks.
I'm a fan of fishing on deep sea, but I might craft a lot of trawlers now. Wonkey curse gives the game an interesting turn and the monkey raids will bring some thrill to the sailing. Docks will be fun and practical to use.

Seriously klei, thanks, we don't deserve you. I'll wait for the official release, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the update.

All I could ask now is to disable space-bar activating the Pinchin' Winch, it's annoying and unpractical.

• Like 1