The Curse of Moon Quay Beta now available

8 hours ago, IanKSB91 said:

Huh I wonder if this means Wilbur has no chances now.

I think the devs were very clever here.
Instead of adding a character that is super weak, mostly useless and only there to please a few people, they added a curse. And now those people can stay as a monkey, should they decide to.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 15

14 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

12 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think the devs were very clever here.
Instead of adding a character that is super weak, mostly useless and only there to please a few people, they added a curse instead. And now those people can stay as a monkey, should they decide to.

That's very interesting, I wonder if they will give Wonky skins jaja probably not but it would be fun.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Since Wonky's favorite food is banana and Wormwood's favorite food is cooked banana, can we change Wormwood's favorite food to red cap now? So they're not so similar? 

Small nitpick.

Not a Bad idea.

Buuuut Wendy favorite good is also a banana

1 minute ago, jtubio88 said:

Not a Bad idea.

Buuuut Wendy favorite good is also a banana

More of a reason to do so, less competition over the same food. Wormwood+redcap+mushroom planter is just such a nice synergy that allows his friends to have more beneficial food for themselves. Banana popsicle is great at restoring sanity and Wormwood has one of the best sanity restoring abilities and he can't heal from food. 

Another thing is if there's tons of banana trees and the whole server decides to play monkey simulator. Wormwoods gains basically no upside in a change in favorite food. It's just kinda meh. At least Wendy can take advantage of no longer needing ice for the bonus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love the idea of all the boat stuff and new tropical island. but my boat has way too much on it! I need the ability to link boats together or expand one somehow.

All the monkey stuff really doesn't seem to fit the theme of the game to me. It all feels way too goofy. Oh no a monkey pirate has cursed you now you are a monkey too... Yeah idk doesn't really do it for me. But I'm not going to sit here whining and asking them to remove it. I really don't care what is added as long as it's togglable in world settings. That way, if I end up liking it, then good. If not, I can just turn it off. That's a good tip for people who whine about the cawnival too. There's a nice setting under events where you can set it to 'off' now.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, TrashLord said:

Wonkey is, im sorry, a terrible name. Its like those horrible modded characters who just replace the first letter of a word with "W" and call it a day. Itd be like if they made a new pig character and named her "Wig" or if Wurt had been named "Werm". Cant we do better?

Edited by sudoku
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

I have a few questions.

1- Is Wonkey playable from the start at the character selection screen after you become him for the first time? (Aka DSTs first unlockable playable character from doing something in the game besides get EXP) 

DS unlockables were Wes & Maxwell, Reign Of Giants Unlockable was Webber, Shipwrecked Unlockables was Woodlegs & Wilbur, Hamlet Unlockable is Wilba.

But poor old DST has no such Unlockable- Wonkey could change that…

Question 2- When one becomes Wonkey how does that work, do they have a countdown timer to return to normal or Do they have to appease the Monkey gods, or Maybe they’re just stuck as Wonkey forever- in Short: How do you revert back from becoming Monkey?

Question 3- if there is not much difference between Wilbur and Wonkey- What are those differences?

And finally Question 4- Can Wonkey be given unique skills/traits?? Such as using Tail as a item slot to hold things like torches/lanterns while his hands are free to chop/fight OR being able to run significantly faster on all fours..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

I need the ability to link boats together or expand one somehow.

Well, you'll like that there's an unimplemented magnet structure in the game currently that has one boat follow another :)
unknown.png

• Like 2
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 3

4 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Wonkey is, im sorry, a terrible name. Its like those horrible modded characters who just replace the first letter of a word with "W" and call it a day. Itd be like if they made a new pig character and named her "Wig" or if Wurt had been named "Werm". Cant we do better?

no, I love it. Wonkey is an actual word, unlike "Werm" and it fits.

Just now, Hornete said:

Well, you'll like that there's an unimplemented magnet structure in the game currently that has one boat follow another :)
unknown.png

can you put the receiver on land and make the boat go back to land?

• Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

5 minutes ago, sudoku said:

No because you just suffered a Wonkey curse (Wonkey is a real word look it up..) and if you flip the W upside down you get Monkey. It’s awesome and I love it.. besides: What would YOU have named it?

• Potato Cup 1

Just now, sudoku said:

Maybe if it was just "Wonky", i would like it better. Idk, also the Wilbur erasure upsets me.

A monkey king would be a bit awkward right now, with these monkey pirates. Primeapes are cool, but I like the Moon Quay Pirates more

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Keep in mind that Wonkey is not like, a distinct character, they're a state of being that any character can be put into. Wonkey isn't like, some person's name, it's a silly way of referring to a survivor who is currently a monkey.

• Like 10