[Game Update] - 505690

10 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I don't see the stone kiln on the rewards page? Only the bottomless pit and stone torch

EDIT: Never mind, found it, for some reason the rewards randomize their locations on the page every refresh.

Yeah, same story here. I had to switch the item prompt to "unclaimed items".

Geez, if I don't come back to see this post.
I miss this, I was about to change the points I had for some spools to buy nothing, just because.
I just want to have the pirate cage but this is better than nothing. You guys are *beep* awesome :D

@SoulCrowley I know you were looking for some of these. Check out now !!

Edited by Mx-Pain
  • Health 1
  • Potato Cup 1

20 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

20220428222251_1.thumb.jpg.06c62e84c78677d4f176b653487f573b.jpg

Forever timeless.

I guess there goes my means of showing off being a beta tester ingame, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed with this. The one game I was actually early enough to get beta rewards is the one game where the devs remove the meaning of it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

24 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Forever timeless.

I guess there goes my means of showing off being a beta tester ingame, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

When there are so many posts for no reason for one firepit skin that was supposed to be exclusive to beta players..

So i guess next is Guest of Honor threads? That would've actually been better since i thought that if there was one item that should be exclusive, it was supposed to be bottomless firepit.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

When there are so many posts for no reason for one firepit skin that was supposed to be exclusive to beta players..

So i guess next is Guest of Honor threads? That would've actually been better since i thought that if there was one item that should be exclusive, it was supposed to be bottomless firepit.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt to add some feature to the game to maybe show a skin's rarity on examining similar to what happens when examining a scarecrow, could remove the assumption then.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

12 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I mean, it wouldn't hurt to add some feature to the game to maybe show a skin's rarity on examining similar to what happens when examining a scarecrow, could remove the assumption then.

While that is an option, it won't have the same meaning when you see it in game and not many players would actually care to check.

I don't think that everyone should have the only exclusive that was specifically given to as a reward to beta testers, there are many other games that reward their first players and some MMOs literally let their early players play for free while everyone else has to pay monthly subscription and you don't see threads about people complaining like it happened here with bottomless firepit.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

You think if enough threads are made, they will release exclusive merchandise skins with the "Loyal Proof of Purchase" rarity, and the people who actually bought the stuff could be fairly compensated with the exact same item with the "Timeless Proof of Purchase" rarity?

13 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I can only see that as being needlessly intrusive.

Edited by Dr. Safety

5 minutes ago, De_Gatherer said:

The skins aren’t showing up in my item collection yet, I take it they won’t show until a later update drops for console? 

Same.

Would be and additional update on console later these days ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Bottomless Pit, Stone Kiln and Carved Stone Torch skins are usable on all platforms now, and have been upgraded to Timeless rarity. A new Loyal variant is available on the Klei Rewards page.

Maybe a new profile background and avatar of the jury rigged portal could be given to early access players to show off they've been here since the start in-game?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

You think if enough threads are made, they will release exclusive merchandise skins with the "Loyal Proof of Purchase" rarity, and the people who actually bought the stuff could fairly compensated with the exact same item with the "Timeless Proof of Purchase" rarity.

Why not? Do you not realize that this was a reward for beta testing and this shouldn't have been released again in any form? Now players that made these threads are encouraged to keep going and the next thing is Guest of Honor skins.

While it can be understandable for building and decorating your world for there to not be any more exclusive skins, what was or is exclusive should stay exclusive.

Also i thought that this might happen so i mentioned in another thread a while ago if the bottomless firepit was released at least the colors to be changed, so that it was still distinguishable, that would've been at least something.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Bottomless Pit, Stone Kiln and Carved Stone Torch skins are usable on all platforms now, and have been upgraded to Timeless rarity. A new Loyal variant is available on the Klei Rewards page.

This is awesome! I've wanted that bottomless pit for a long time. Any chance we could see the Rockjaw Sail make an appearance on the Klei Rewards in the future as well?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Why not? Do you not realize that this was a reward for beta testing and this shouldn't have been released again in any form? Now players that made these threads are encouraged to keep going and the next thing is Guest of Honor skins.

But why guest of honor skins? Nearly all of them are weavable now (with Wickerbottom, Maxwell and Wilson remaining because they aren't reworked yet).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Yeah I agree with you about the firepit. I was pointing out the misguided significance that the devs seem put on item rarities, when in reality they are pointless. They pandered to a couple of threads complaining about it. I know they wouldn't do the same for the proof of purchase stuff because, once again, item rarities don't mean anything.

12 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

But why guest of honor skins? Nearly all of them are weavable now (with Wickerbottom, Maxwell and Wilson remaining because they aren't reworked yet).

Maybe it will be Tesla Coil Lantern threads instead, it was just an example.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Yeah I agree with you about the firepit. I was pointing out the misguided significance that the devs seem put on item rarities, when in reality they are pointless. They pandered to a couple of threads complaining about it. I know they wouldn't do the same for the proof of purchase stuff because, once again, item rarities don't mean anything.

Rarities don't really have any meaning, they are just there to keep the players calm when an item is released again in some form. It is just an item tag that only you can see and even if others were able to see it, why would it matter when the item is completely the same.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

what was or is exclusive should stay exclusive.

Can you please actually explain why you think this? The only reason you’ve brought up is “what if ppl start asking for other free stuff!!!” which hasn’t happened yet so I don’t think it’s really a valid complaint at least rn

• Developer
2 hours ago, Zepp said:

It seems that the part of the red circle is not displayed correctly.

Thanks, looks like we missed the inventory icon. I'll add those in now and they'll go out in the next hotfix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 2

19 minutes ago, goblinball said:

“what if ppl start asking for other free stuff!!!”

On the console, even buying the complete edition with all versions and their DLC, we don't receive the reward skins, this makes us sad, asking to include them for free in rewards is a way for us to feel included

I mean the Pirate Birdcage and Mini Monument skins

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 4
  • Sad Dupe 1