Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out! Leaves Early Access!

• Developer

3…2…1…BLAST OFF! 

We are over the moon (read: manic Sparkle Streaking around the studio) to announce that after two years of development, testing and updates:

Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out! has launched! 

This rocket-packed, multi-world DLC is now available on Steam, WeGame and Epic Games Store.

Thanks to the dedicated community members who participated in Early Access and Public Testing, our favourite little space cadets have a vast collection of new planetoids, buildings and systems to explore—assuming they survive all the radiation. (They’ll be fine. Probably.)

Rad new features and improvements for the Spaced Out! DLC include: 

• New Multi-World Gameplay: manage multiple colonies simultaneously and switch between new planetoids in real-time! 
  • Expanded Rocketry: customize new modular rockets to explore the newly overhauled Starmap—new mid-game Rocketry options give your Duplicants an edge in the asteroid space-race!
  • Radiation and Nuclear: harness the energy of new radioactive elements and ambient radiation to power nuclear machines! 
  • New Critters: get acquainted with some new fuzzy friends—if you’re nice, they might help you out around the colony!
  • New Resources, Biomes, Tech and More: discover a whole new universe of unfamiliar biomes, valuable resources and freshly designed tech!

Your bug reports and feedback are welcome, as always; we’ll still be working on updates and fixes post-launch. Then it’ll be time to start writing the next chapter of Oxygen Not Included…

A mission like this is only possible with a solid crew - thank you all SO MUCH for taking this ride with us! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Ninja 2
  • Health 3
  • Spool 1
  • Big Ups 13
  • GL Happy 3

I just noticed that the DLC in the Oxygen not Included Bundle is cheaper than on the store page (-25%) which is kinda odd considering that it is the sole DLC. I'm not entirely sure if the Bundle was there before and I was just blind but I ain't complaining, just taking note. This is what I waited for after all, launch and possibly a discount, although the latter was optional considering the already cheap price.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hokaeru said:

Goodbye to my dream of having a plug slug morph with refined metal :mrgreen:

They’ve said they’re going to continue working on Spaced Out! a bit post release, so there’s a chance for new toys to play with in addition to the expected bug fixes and optimization.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

58 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

Wow.. nothing seemed to go horribly wrong in that video.. aside from a short glimpse at a reactor meltdown.

No panicking dupes, no stressing, no flooding...

There is no flooding in Ba Sing Se

• Haha 3

Don't know whether it was the release-patch or the small one before, but suddenly my game freezes for half a second regularly every few seconds. It is hugely annoying and was not there before.

Hmm. Gone now. Need to monitor this for a while it seems. Apparently reporting it here fixes things immediately ;-)

Ok, it is back. I have a rover on another planetoid doing some mining. Now I have brief regular lockups every two seconds or so. Really bad. Steam counter says I have 29 FPS between the lockups, so that is not it.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cpy said:

I wish we got some multi digit framerate :(

Why can't my old rusty can run this game. I want to play it on my old notebook! :(

Unicorns need to tank extra rainbow fuel at the petrol station, then the speed comes back ! :beguiled::lol::ghost:

image.png.cd88ffdd171726c8514b129690bdb6ae.png The tank list

Edited by babba

8 hours ago, cpy said:

I wish we got some multi digit framerate :(

Why can't my old rusty can run this game. I want to play it on my old notebook! :(

For some unexpected reason my ONI after start likes to do 120 fps. No idea why it would go far ahead with rendering.

Please fix the Nosh Bean being considered only as a seed in storage. Meaning I have to build separate container bin next to my fridges to store Nosh Bean. Or if Nosh Bean is intended to be seed - it should not spoil. One way or another it must be fixed as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, JRup said:

The sleet wheat mafia would like to have words with you.

Also there could be additional recipes for food production, for example plant meat barbeque and vegan burger with tofu or plant meat. In fact I don't get it why sleet wheat is cooking ingredient and nosh bean is not.

Congratulations! The game finally shines and overwhelms with fun and quality.

Really looking forwards play further expansions. Hostile incursions or critters? More activities for decorators and doctors to raise the interest in those skills? who knows.