Winter's Feast and Wolfgang's Character Refresh Are Now Live!

1 hour ago, BoyoStones said:

So we have a chance to actually get nothing from the event? Interesting...

that would mean that you had so much luck getting only non common skins but is possible

1 hour ago, LZGames said:

So i get them from the weekly drops?

yes and i think from the daily loging too.

Idk if now we have more chances of getting chests from the skin trader

Revert him OR

5Q6XFIg4=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

>Remove constant values as the fluctuation was one of the original downsides to playing

Wolfgang.

>Wolfgang recieves his old  speed boost and it scales with sanity and/or hunger bar, 

decays at a rate of 5% every 20 below max and only activates with mightiness meter if you

are literally gonna be stubborn with this speed change. He's an athlete, I can gaurentee you

bronze age strongman can run faster than you, especially men with more recruited muscle fiber

and explosive strength training. 

> Health change reverted, scales with old hunger bar but only activates with mightiness meter.

No reason why a gorilla size mass monster that can lift 100lb barbells like a wood pole needs to be

a little more durable than a scientist.

>Fighting and laborous activity increases or halts mightiness meter, slows down by 5-10% based on

how many stacks of items in inventory. This only works with stackable items and

heavy items. Ex, distilled knowledge, dumbells, rocks, etc

>Mightiness only activated with mighty meter above 50, damage buff from therein

still scales with hunger but you still recieve 1.1x damage for at least working

out. Mass is still king.

> gym gives slower or halted mightiness decay for 1-5 minutes depending on the load

ex. potato bags = 1 min, stone statues = 2 minutes, marble or glass statue = 3 minutes

> give a big buff to dumbells mighty gain

>wimpy mode at 100 hunger with mightiness and hunger decay accelerated x6.

These changes make this ugly spergfest tolerable at the very least and are subject to change, but if you cannot make wolfgang good just revert him and be done with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Shopcat 2

6 hours ago, C0Rb3N said:

Do you run away and stand still lifting dumbbells, hoping the boss doesn't despawn and make you start over?

not at all, try and see

6 hours ago, C0Rb3N said:

Seeing a bigger than usual arrow down during the evening is not fun.

for me is fun, now i have to think about sanity instead of just wear. Actually i almost die doing 2 tier 3 rooks because i was confidence starting the fight with 40% sanity, without the downside thst wouldnt happend

Finally his phobias came to play

• Like 1

I know everyone is having a little war with the wolfgang rework and whatnot, but I haven't seen anybody address the elephant in the room yet. 

Spoiler

Why didn't we new players get the fancy lantern skin? It dropped for 3 years straight...

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Has anyone spawned a koelefant onto the Gym machine yet to mimic the trailer?

I was just about to make a thread asking for a Beefalo skin that turns the Beefalo into that Baby Elephant from Wolfgang’s Animated Short.. but then I thought.. wait a minute: If Klei won’t let my ride Koelephant, why in earth do I think they would add a Baby Elephant skin?!

Whoever does spawn them onto the Gym please make a Gif of it and Share with us :) 

Thoughts on the Wolfgang Update

I'll preface this by saying I have more than 2,000 hours of gameplay in DST, as well as a couple hundred more in DS.

The Wolfgang update is just bad game design. Someone please explain to me why I have to "play the game", by not playing the game, as it currently stands? Re: I have to be afk (away from keyboard) to bulk up with dumbbells, or the far worse option: I have to sit in one spot, slowly and mindlessly clicking in a rhythm to bulk up at the gym structure. No other character has to be afk to receive the benefits of their skills, so why does Wolfgang?

I don't mind you nerfing him. Take his speed, his 300 hp, that's fine. But why replace the working "eat-to-mighty" system with the badly designed (from a game design view) "afk to play" system? What on Earth was the thought process there? 

But he benefits from using marble suit and piggy-backpack now. That's nice. Now I can wear either without much thought. Shame I'd be too damn busy fighting off Nightmares, as Wolf's sanity has now been crippled to the point where wearing a Tam'o'shanter doesn't do much, re: it merely cancels out sanity drain at night; does not raise sanity, like it does for every other character (save Walter).

This was just a character assassination, literally. And I repeat: I do not mind the neft. Just the god-awful execution of it, from a game-design perspective.

Now thankfully, there are mods that return Wolfgang to his Old Self. But I do not believe I should have to use mods to fix the mistakes of the developers.

And I know Klei won't really care about any of this. The redesign will probably stay, and there will be a vehement refusal of accepting that a mistake was made. But I just had to share.

Sincerely, someone who loves the game, and hates to see it falter. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ChainyEX said:

After 1000s of hours as a wolfgang main, I've suddenly lost my motivation to play the game. I liked the ideas but hate the nerf. He has already been outdone by wanda, he didn't need any more of a back seat.

literally every wolfgang veteran says this but klei dosent care

Edited by reallychina
  • Like 4

On 12/17/2021 at 6:37 PM, Sneedsfeedseed said:

These changes make this ugly spergfest tolerable at the very least and are subject to change, but if you cannot make wolfgang good just revert him and be done with it.

Hey so, it's understandable to be upset because a character you enjoyed was changed, but like, maybe don't use derogatory terms to when expressing it?

• Like 2

Got a huge shock logging in and playing my usual wolfgang... I dont mind him being nerfed, but standing there pumping weights is just plain horrible. I also really dont like the click the gym thing at all. I have played hundreds of hours on him, usually duo with my partner on blueprints worlds, so no crock pots. Wolfgang was challenging food wise, but fun. Now he isnt fun. He is tedious. Please atleast let him walk while lifting dumbells. Let hitting mobs with a hambat or thulucite club or tentacle spike or digging or hammering stuff add to his strength meter. He is just not fun to play at all.  Let him run faster if insane and perhaps do bonus damage to shadows. But making the fastest character in the game stand still for extended periods is asking for people who enjoy him to just hate him.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lemmeron said:

Got a huge shock logging in and playing my usual wolfgang... I dont mind him being nerfed, but standing there pumping weights is just plain horrible. I also really dont like the click the gym thing at all. I have played hundreds of hours on him, usually duo with my partner on blueprints worlds, so no crock pots. Wolfgang was challenging food wise, but fun. Now he isnt fun. He is tedious. Please atleast let him walk while lifting dumbells. Let hitting mobs with a hambat or thulucite club or tentacle spike or digging or hammering stuff add to his strength meter. He is just not fun to play at all.  Let him run faster if insane and perhaps do bonus damage to shadows. But making the fastest character in the game stand still for extended periods is asking for people who enjoy him to just hate him.

the dumbells are fine. just keep stomach full and only use gembells. it leads to some hilarious gameplay like juggling gembells while fighting. and use a boss statue on gym. mightiness decreases slow enough that it doesnt matter. overall you lose less time than cooking food.

the speed nerf is very bad.

Edited by reallychina
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 7:37 PM, Sneedsfeedseed said:

Revert him OR

5Q6XFIg4=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

>Remove constant values as the fluctuation was one of the original downsides to playing

Wolfgang.

>Wolfgang recieves his old  speed boost and it scales with sanity and/or hunger bar, 

decays at a rate of 5% every 20 below max and only activates with mightiness meter if you

are literally gonna be stubborn with this speed change. He's an athlete, I can gaurentee you

bronze age strongman can run faster than you, especially men with more recruited muscle fiber

and explosive strength training. 

> Health change reverted, scales with old hunger bar but only activates with mightiness meter.

No reason why a gorilla size mass monster that can lift 100lb barbells like a wood pole needs to be

a little more durable than a scientist.

>Fighting and laborous activity increases or halts mightiness meter, slows down by 5-10% based on

how many stacks of items in inventory. This only works with stackable items and

heavy items. Ex, distilled knowledge, dumbells, rocks, etc

>Mightiness only activated with mighty meter above 50, damage buff from therein

still scales with hunger but you still recieve 1.1x damage for at least working

out. Mass is still king.

> gym gives slower or halted mightiness decay for 1-5 minutes depending on the load

ex. potato bags = 1 min, stone statues = 2 minutes, marble or glass statue = 3 minutes

> give a big buff to dumbells mighty gain

>wimpy mode at 100 hunger with mightiness and hunger decay accelerated x6.

no lol

On 12/19/2021 at 12:27 PM, reallychina said:

plenty of very good wolfgang players approve of the refresh.

what now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Happy Hazard 1

On 12/20/2021 at 1:27 AM, reallychina said:

10 hours ago, Well-met said:

plenty of very good wolfgang players approve of the refresh.

what now?

time for my first favorite segment "who represent walfgang veterans for real", a war on game understanding and game duration.

please go on for that arguement, i love it as a member of the chaotic evil camp

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dish-order man said:

time for my first favorite segment "who represent walfgang veterans for real", a war on game understanding and game duration.

please go on for that arguement, i love it as a member of the chaotic evil camp

The winning camp is what KLEI Wants, if they wanted Wolfgang to move slower & hit harder then that’s what he’s gonna do doesn’t make a dang difference if your a Wolfgang Vet with all the world speed run records, or if your someone who plays & enjoys Wolfgang with or without the speed- What KLEI wants him to do or play as is what we will get. And honestly? I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Dont know how many times I need to keep repeating this: but speed being in his kit at all was a unintentional accident to begin with. They just kept it in because back then they didn’t have to balance things around multiplayer and characters could be as overpowered and broken as they wanted.

I don’t think any of his skin quotes reference “speed” either which is also something you have to factor into the equation: if he had skins that say “I’m the speediest” instead of “I’m the Mightiest there’s no one more Mighty!” 

Then maybe the people wanting speed back would have a valid complaint in wanting it back: But as far as I know, no such skin quote exists.. it’s almost as if Klei wanted him to be big, slow & kind of dumb, but with a super caring heart that makes everyone love him.

I also feel like the intent with this rework was so people actually had to play as his other forms Wimpy/Average aside from just being 24/7 Mighty.

Personally I enjoy wandering around the map in Puny or Average form and stumbling upon a large biome full of spiders or hound dens and I’m like

“Yeah I’ll need to be Mighty to deal with this…”

This is something Old Wolfgang never had to bother with because he could just out run them all or kill them all in 24/7 Mighty.

Im personally having a lot of fun with the new way Wolfgang plays, having a group of hounds that won’t give you any breathing room so you have to run them to something else & distract them just long enough to go mighty and wreck them all.. or armor up and deal with them in puny/average form.

the Eye of Terror really changes this game up a bit too.. because instead of feeding Wolfgang, your feeding your Eye Mask Helmet to keep it repaired, I keep two of these on me at all times and just before one breaks I swap it out for the other one and repair the almost broken one.

The Eye Mask being repairable means less Pig Skin used on Football Helmets which in turn: Means more pigskins saved for things like Hambat.

I won’t say I’m 100% satisfied with Wolfgang’s Rework, because I’m not.. I wanted being Mighty to actually feel rewarding & not just in combat: I want to hit harder & throw further, I want to lift heavy things over my head and throw them in feats of strength, I also think the durability on dumbells drains too fast for the crafting cost requirements for them, so either buff their durability or reduce craft costs.

(2 stone for stone Dumbell, 1 Cutstone for Gold)

Just feels like a massive resource sink for very little use. 

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • GL Happy 1

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The winning camp is what KLEI Wants, if they wanted Wolfgang to move slower & hit harder then that’s what he’s gonna do doesn’t make a dang difference if your a Wolfgang Vet with all the world speed run records, or if your someone who plays & enjoys Wolfgang with or without the speed- What KLEI wants him to do or play as is what we will get. And honestly? I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Dont know how many times I need to keep repeating this: but speed being in his kit at all was a unintentional accident to begin with. They just kept it in because back then they didn’t have to balance things around multiplayer and characters could be as overpowered and broken as they wanted.

I don’t think any of his skin quotes reference “speed” either which is also something you have to factor into the equation: if he had skins that say “I’m the speediest” instead of “I’m the Mightiest there’s no one more Mighty!” 

Then maybe the people wanting speed back would have a valid complaint in wanting it back: But as far as I know, no such skin quote exists.. it’s almost as if Klei wanted him to be big, slow & kind of dumb, but with a super caring heart that makes everyone love him.

I also feel like the intent with this rework was so people actually had to play as his other forms Wimpy/Average aside from just being 24/7 Mighty.

Personally I enjoy wandering around the map in Puny or Average form and stumbling upon a large biome full of spiders or hound dens and I’m like

“Yeah I’ll need to be Mighty to deal with this…”

This is something Old Wolfgang never had to bother with because he could just out run them all or kill them all in 24/7 Mighty.

Im personally having a lot of fun with the new way Wolfgang plays, having a group of hounds that won’t give you any breathing room so you have to run them to something else & distract them just long enough to go mighty and wreck them all.. or armor up and deal with them in puny/average form.

the Eye of Terror really changes this game up a bit too.. because instead of feeding Wolfgang, your feeding your Eye Mask Helmet to keep it repaired, I keep two of these on me at all times and just before one breaks I swap it out for the other one and repair the almost broken one.

The Eye Mask being repairable means less Pig Skin used on Football Helmets which in turn: Means more pigskins saved for things like Hambat.

I won’t say I’m 100% satisfied with Wolfgang’s Rework, because I’m not.. I wanted being Mighty to actually feel rewarding & not just in combat: I want to hit harder & throw further, I want to lift heavy things over my head and throw them in feats of strength, I also think the durability on dumbells drains too fast for the crafting cost requirements for them, so either buff their durability or reduce craft costs.

(2 stone for stone Dumbell, 1 Cutstone for Gold)

Just feels like a massive resource sink for very little use. 

I'm just a spectator, my friend.  it is the battle show time of the TWO GUY i have just quoted:wilson_dorky:.

Actually I'm all okay as long as Klei is seriously listening to the voice of community.  Klei's employees are build the game wolrd as they want, my  mission is just play and enjoy all this thing.

• GL Happy 1