Wolfgang's Dumbells (Maths warning)

So.

We have three dumbbells - a regular one, a golden one and a gembell.

Wolfgang's forms are now like this: 0-24 - wimpy, 25-74 - normal, 75-100 - mighty.

Now let's do some basic maths. Let's say your hunger is always >150 and you don't use gym or Belt of Hunger at all, so your basic Mightiness loss is 29.7 per day, Then, if my calculations are correct:

image.thumb.png.a80b85cd5895e7c6fa2b42edd176dc3c.png

image.thumb.png.cfacf455839b9ec9f5986986dd73ec34.png

image.thumb.png.673e0b4f13e70353b1ed61e25b12c492.png

What do y'all think about that? Is there something that should be changed?

P.S.: I'll try to update this post if you'll find it good and if something will change. And I hope I didn't make any mistakes, but if I did - feel free to tell me where.

P.P.S.: Excel file is linked below

Wolf Mafs.xlsx

Just to add on, I've found something fairly important. The mightiness gained on each lift is at the end of the animation, however, each of the animations for each state has different lengths! Which changes how much mightiness you might get, and would probably important to take into account.

The mighty lifting animation loop takes 26 frames to complete(0.8666~ seconds)

The normal lifting animation loop takes 23 frames to complete(0.7666~ seconds)

The wimpy lifting animation loop takes 33 frames to complete(1.1 seconds)

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Just to add on, I've found something fairly important. The mightiness gained on each lift is at the end of the animation, however, each of the animations for each state has different lengths! Which changes how much mightiness you might get, and would probably important to take into account.

The mighty lifting animation loop takes 26 frames to complete(0.8666~ seconds)

The normal lifting animation loop takes 23 frames to complete(0.7666~ seconds)

The wimpy lifting animation loop takes 33 frames to complete(1.1 seconds)

thanks, I will recalculate when a rework will be released so I won't do extra work if smth will change

Mightiness drops by 29.7 per day, and each push with the gembell adds 1.875? So that means you need 15.84 (i.e. 16) presses a day to stay permanently mighty if you keep a full belly. For that you would need to get hold of 1 purple gem, 2 cut stone, and 2 sticks every 11 days. If one stays on the surface all year round, then hound waves alone probably cover most of the gem requirement, and if one resets ruins regularly, then purple gems accumulate anyway. I wonder how this compares with the time one used to need to invest to keep Wolfgang mighty pre-rework (of course there isn't really any reason to do that).

Further saving can be had with more targeted mightiness if one stays wimpy most of the time, and then before combat uses the gold bell to go from wimpy to normal, and then the gembell for the rest of the way.

Apart from the speed nerf, this might actually be an overall upgrade for Wolfgang, *even* if we disregard the removal of linear damage scaling.

Edit: you probably did not mean 225 hunger though, did you? Isn't his new max 200 hunger? I have not actually beta-tested him myself.

2 hours ago, Majestix said:

Edit: you probably did not mean 225 hunger though, did you? Isn't his new max 200 hunger? I have not actually beta-tested him myself.

wait, is it? I remember that Mightiness multiplier is 0.9 when hunger is >75%, that's why I thought it should be 225.

if it's true, I will fix it soon™

Math update - In short they used 3 values.  tuning high = 1.875, med = 0.9375, low = 0.3125

The values didn't change, but their assignments did.

Old version:
Dumbbell - med / low / low
Goldbell - high / med / low
Gembell - high / high / high

New version:
Dumbell - high / med / low
Goldbell - high / high / low

So until you're might, a goldbell and gembell have the exact same gains, and while you're wimpy a stone is as good as anything.  So depending on your inventory / efficiency demands you can pump from 0-25 on stone, 25-75 on gold, and 75-100 on gem to burn as little resources as possible.

7 hours ago, Shosuko said:

i still not understand why klei wanna punish players via "time afk" foe wanting to get mighty in early game if they already removed the speed making wolfgang's rush already slower

imo, the golden dumbbell should has 'medium' value while mighty

21 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Old version:

Dumbbell - med / low / low
Goldbell - high / med / low

New version:
Dumbell - high / med / low

Idk what any of this means

My head hurts.

18 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Idk what any of this means

My head hurts.

Here, I'll use the OP as example (new patch numbers in parens)

Regular dumbbell:

100 uses
Recipe: 4 ronks, 1 stick
Adds 0.9375/0.3125/0.3125 strength for a wimpy/normal/mighty form respectively, which requires...(1.875/0.9375/0.3125)
...25.6 (26) presses for Wimpy...(...13.33 (14) presses for Wimpy...)
...156.8 (157) presses for Normal...(...54.33 (54) presses for Normal...)
...80 presses for Mighty...
...to fill a mightiness meter for this form from min to max.
Golden Dumbbell:

200 uses
Recipe: 4 gold nuggets, 2 stone blocks, 2 sticks
Adds 1.875/0.9375/0.3125 strength for a wimpy/normal/mighty form respectively, which requires...(1.875/1.875/0.3125)
...12.8 (13) presses for Wimpy...
...52.2667 (53) presses for Normal...(...26.66 (27) presses for Normal...)
...80 presses for Mighty...
Gembell:

200 uses
Recipe: 1 purple gem, 2 stone blocks, 2 sticks
Adds 1.875 strength to any form, which requires...
...12.8 (13) presses for Wimpy...
...26.1333 (27) presses for Normal...
...13.333 (14) presses for Mighty...

Archived