18 hours ago, spike4597 said:

name all the things that you think are useless. me, personally, i think the carbon dioxide engine is useless, as well as refined copper. also, i think conveyer/liquid/gas pipe germ sensors are also useless.

I disagree on all of these. _You_ may not use them, but that does not make them "useless". 

17 hours ago, Primalflower said:

The only object in the game that i literally cannot think of a use for at all is the duplicant checkpoint. i really wish it preserved duplicant errands while duplicants were waiting on them, so one could easily use them for airlocks, but alas.

Here is a scenario I currently use them for: Supplying a compactor that has its contents shipped automatically on a timer. I do not want dupes to deliver to the compactor while its gets emptied, so I place a checkpoint in front that gets closed while the shipping is in progress. I do not want dupes to get trapped in there either. Sure, two mesh-doors on top of each other could do this as well, but that is not very elegant. Sure, there are other solutions. But this is a valid use of the building.

15 hours ago, Sturm58 said:

Does anyone ever use the Ore Scrubber?

Yep. Because it also disinfects water bottles. Has been some time though.

34 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I disagree on all of these. _You_ may not use them, but that does not make them "useless". 

The one I find particularly baffling is refined copper.  If I have access to a pile of any refined metal, regardless of what type it is, I'm going to find a use for it.

4 hours ago, Gurgel said:

i was talking personally, i never said that they were useless completely, i just said that they are useless for me(at least after the early game.)

4 hours ago, spike4597 said:

i was talking personally, i never said that they were useless completely, i just said that they are useless for me(at least after the early game.)

Fair enough. I can accept that. Thanks for the clarification.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:27 AM, Primalflower said:

The only object in the game that i literally cannot think of a use for at all is the duplicant checkpoint. i really wish it preserved duplicant errands while duplicants were waiting on them, so one could easily use them for airlocks, but alas.

They do though? 

I even use one for my airlock design. 

8 hours ago, Yunru said:

They do though? 

I even use one for my airlock design. 

can i... see the airlock design in which duplicant checkpoint makes the duplicant wait... and then the path to their errand ceases to exist, and the duplicant doesn't immediately drop what they're doing even if they're waiting at the checkpoint?

I haven't seen many designs taking advantage of the automation on the liquid vent (I, for one, love it) and browsing through @Yunru's designs we could shoehorn that into The MOGOM... (Even though someone already swore it was its last iteration, muahahaha)

I don’t think there’s anything in the game that’s useless. Some just have very very niche applications that you don’t encounter often. Heck, there was that one time that using icy fans on aridio was the only thing keeping my farm alive until I found a cold slush geyser.

Allergy Medication is possibly the most self-defeating item in the game; you make it when you've got an allergic duplicant and want to grow bristle blossoms, but to make it you need... bristle blossom seeds.
Given the low rate at which seeds are produced, your dupe will be suffering a lot more allergic reactions than you can make allergy medication, and so it makes more sense to simply never print a dupe with the allergic trait than deal with that whole thing.

2 hours ago, Simonova said:

Allergy Medication is possibly the most self-defeating item in the game; you make it when you've got an allergic duplicant and want to grow bristle blossoms, but to make it you need... bristle blossom seeds.
Given the low rate at which seeds are produced, your dupe will be suffering a lot more allergic reactions than you can make allergy medication, and so it makes more sense to simply never print a dupe with the allergic trait than deal with that whole thing.

Iirc they make 10 pills per one seed to adress that. I had some fun designing a base in a way that prevents the allergic dupe from entering bristle farms but i guess it`s similar to having flatulent dupes, most people won`t bother printing those.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:05 AM, Primalflower said:

i don't think my statement is quite being understood, sorry about that. What i'm asking for is like, for the duplicant checkpoint to make it so even if the path to their errand is cut off, they still want to go there, and if the path is clear when the checkpoint allows them through, then they continue on their way. If the checkpoint somehow did this, then airlocks could be a helluva lot less complicated and bulky.

That is how they should work in my opinion.

18 hours ago, Rhagedx86 said:

Planter boxes, I think I used them when first played the game but not in the last couple thousand hours,

As usual, it all depends on your build...

Spot cooling and uncomfy builds are a good reason:

542484976_Spotcooling.png.4877ba280a3c7bb13f8d36b97421d6ec.png

The autosweeper could only reach the food tile if planters were used.

planters.thumb.png.0eef8028ba3d530394fd178c3e7e80f1.png

Archived