On 11/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, Sasza22 said:

Iirc they make 10 pills per one seed to adress that. I had some fun designing a base in a way that prevents the allergic dupe from entering bristle farms but i guess it`s similar to having flatulent dupes, most people won`t bother printing those.

I intentionally spread Floral Scent in my bases and rockets because it de-stresses dupes and crowds out other germs. In fact I specifically put a Buddy Bud in my materials analysis room because it suppresses radioactive fallout when a 100.5 radbolt hits the 100.0 target. Yay game mechanics.

No allergics need apply.

2 hours ago, Pedro_L said:

Not that I use them, but here it is

Screenshot_20211201-143538_Firefox.jpg

To add something more about planter boxes, they let light through which is actually very useful when you are finding ways to farm gas grass, the planter boxes can be built in a glass tile letting light go all the way down the farm so less of the surface is used to grow them. Well if you actually want to plant gas grass. It makes the irrigation a manual task but dupes are gonna live in that place anyways to ranch the moos so why not?

You can also build them on top of mechanized air locks and turn the plant on/off by controlling the state of the door with automation.

For one play-through my entire kitchen/food storage area was cooled entirely by a bank of wheezeworts in planter boxes on doors.

Decided to make a "filthy" micro claymator, right under Stinky's room. Guess where the PH2O comes from... Still undecided whether to add an automated notifier to know when the payload is ready for an errand (currently set at 100kg).

600287733_usefulstuff.thumb.png.65bc7235f3d6be91ae42060472c559ff.png

Personally i find all the "resource related" buildings usefull even if sometimes the use cases are situational,

i.e.:

Carbon skimmer:  can convert co2/sand to heat or can be used as emergency measure if co2 production get out of control and need to be contained

Ore scrubber: usefull to clean gold in slime biome

Apothecary: mainly for radiation containment

What i do feel lost use in the transition from classic to spaced out are germs related building.

You don't pick up an allergic duplicate if it doesn't fit your base strategy and you won't ever get oil biome germs since 99% of the time you get there with exosuite, the only partial threat is slimelung but with oxygen mask and basins yoi are good to go. Food poisoning is kind of indifferent as germ

Basically the game let you plain around the germs and they become an issue only if you dive protection free into them.

Washing hands with food poisoned water doesn't affect duplicants for example.

Germs are mainly armless in pipes related design.

So maybe that overlay would use a rework to make these buildings shine again

Archived