An Eye for An Eye - 11-18-2021

16 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

The npc will probably allow you to swap skins in terraria for certain items and purchase abigail, glommer, and chester (new portable chest?) as pets.

Very unlikely that will be the case for Terraria.

The idea of weapon / item vanities (reskins) was rejected many times for Terraria due to engine limitations (or some crap like that) and trust me community suggested that many times.

As for Abigail and Bernie they will be most likely Combat Summons while Chester will be somewhat similar to Money Through functionality wise. (So yes a portable chest / piggy bank) and Glommer as vanity pet makes sense.

But we will see.

11 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Rod of Discord would make way more sense as a lazy explorer skin, as lazy explorer and rod of discord are functionally identical, being "Teleport to mouse cursor" items.

That too. Ice Mirror would be ok as Telelocator Staff too cause it has a handle you can hold it like a "staff" sort of and it teleports you back to your designated spawnpoint or world spawn.

Shadowbeam Staff i don't see it fit as a reskin to anything DST currently has.

7 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

I do wonder how Klei will manage a Twitch drop in this update.

Will everybody who wants to watch this update on the Terraria side just going to miss out?

2nd tab, launch a dst stream, go back to watching terraria, you know, the usual

13 hours ago, Fenneko 06Z said:

Wow , this looks truly fantastic ! Blursed , if I may say so :) Good job man ! 

I liked the maid outfits from the multiplayer Dragon Quest and wanted to see what they would look like on Swinesbury women.

13 hours ago, lionking102 said:

I thought the same thing. Using the portal in the archives and than stuff from another dimension can slip through, would fitt perfectly. 

um.thumb.png.358ce873db254f12174795399aed825f.png

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Don't forget, that now, the world of Terraria is canon part of the DST multiverse and the actions there take place in the 20th century (if time still works the same).

is it canon? Can we really view simple crossovers as canon, because in my personal opinion, that is not at all the case whatsoever

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

I liked the maid outfits from the multiplayer Dragon Quest and wanted to see what they would look like on Swinesbury women.

what you mean from the multyplayer dragon quest? im sure the maid npc existed before dragon quest 10, wich is still japan only for some reasons, wich is bad

10 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

is it canon? Can we really view simple crossovers as canon, because in my personal opinion, that is not at all the case whatsoever

It depends on HOW that content is added, if it ties in to the unfinished Gateway or the ancient portal, then yes it’s canon.. as it’s content that was added & also explained away with a story.

If it’s added based of anything Return of Them Related: Then Yes it is Canon..

If it gets its own Animated Short that features any of the events that have happened throughout the game: Yes it is Canon..

If it ends up added in out of nowhere with no explanation whatsoever just for “fun” or to be a cool new thing they have never done before- then NO it is not Canon.

TL:DR- they added Superman into Fortnite but also added a Brainiac Alien mothership invasion- Which officially makes Superman canon.. DLC Characters with no explanation how they got there- is Non-Canon.

And yes by the way: The moment they decide to show Wortox in an Animated short related to ANY of the events that have gone on throughout the Return of Them or A New Reign story Arch- Wortox becomes canon.

20 hours ago, ALCRD said:

That would be really dissapointing.

There is a lot more potential to these items functionality wise than mere skins. Plus Shadowbeam as Telelocator just flatout makes 0 sense.

Also Terraria has no item and weapon skins so Terraria getting actual weapons and functional items and DST just getting skins feels off and unlikely to what Klei said wanting this crossover to be "worthy of the fanbases"

We'll see, and I really hope I'm wrong.

Playing yesterday I realized we will have new DST players from Terraria going through klei's/other's public servers. It is a good opportunity to extend kindness to our fellow surivors and guide them through the uncompromising Constant with tips or resources.

50 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

Playing yesterday I realized we will have new DST players from Terraria going through klei's/other's public servers. It is a good opportunity to extend kindness to our fellow surivors and guide them through the uncompromising Constant with tips or resources.

All I know is prior to my DST days I was for the most part a "Terrarian", now I'm moreso a "Survivor". Kinda feels like I fled the land of Terraria to the constant to hide but then I was found anyway. >.>

5 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

I wonder how many people from terraria will stick around dst

My guess? Only the ones that can get used to weapons having durability, running out of light sources being able to completely kill them, freezing, overheating, waves of hungry dogs every few days, two or three angry bosses that force themselves into your business, sanity/hunger/health management & compared to Terraria- some Extremely watered down base building.

6 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

I wonder how many people from terraria will stick around dst

Probably barely any tbh. The “uncompromising” learning curve will scare away anyone who needed a collab with terraria in order to have the slightest interest in dst. And knowing terraria fans, they’ll probably think it looks boring.

5 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

I said that because chippy, a terraria content creator, made a poll asking people if they played dst before this crossover thing, and most of the comments were "too hard didnt liked it" and "played it for like 10 minutes and it was too hard"

Wait, really? I don't know terraria, never played it, but had the impression that it's more difficult than DST. Or maybe it's just that terraria is more combat-focused (and combat is more straight-forward or clear), whereas DST has a lot more different survival aspects and its learning curve is more steep?
For sure DST need quite a long time to learn, and thus dedication. 

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

whereas DST has a lot more different survival aspects and its learning curve is more steep?

Definitely that.

Terraria's not a "You die and it's all gone" kind of game, you respawn for free with all your items, you do lose money, but not the worst consequence in the world. Don't Starve/Together is a lot more unforgiving and requires trial and error most of the time.

As for if whether Terraria or DS/T is harder, I don't think you can really make a comparison, they both require different sets of talents, with DS/T putting an extreme focus on knowledge and the ability to learn new information, while Terraria's a bit more skill-based and muscle memory.

5 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Wait, really? I don't know terraria, never played it, but had the impression that it's more difficult than DST. Or maybe it's just that terraria is more combat-focused (and combat is more straight-forward or clear), whereas DST has a lot more different survival aspects and its learning curve is more steep?
For sure DST need quite a long time to learn, and thus dedication. 

Honestly Terraria for me felt kind of like playing Spelunky- meaning that it’s more of action/combat oriented adventure game rather than one built on survival aspects.

Unless I’m mistaken, Terraria is just about going down into the ground finding ironically enough- underground libraries opening loot boxes, getting ninja stars, using those to kill all flying annoying mobs.

you never not one time have to worry about your torches running out, starving to death or your sanity dropping..

DST is more of a “manage these pretty little flashing things that’s currently wrong with you” type game where as Terraria, just felt like use this sword to slay endless hordes of monsters pouring on screen.

And as old as I am, it reminds me of the Sega Genesis days of Contra (a game based on killing the hordes of things that appear on screen) then it does a survival game.

I mean MAYBE on a higher difficulty Terraria gets difficult, but from what I’ve played so far- just placing down dirt or block walls behind or in front of you prevents hordes of monsters from slaughtering your face.

I would say DS/DST is 100x more difficult. But ultimately if you want a Contra-Style punch/shoot game or a manage all these hud icons at once while also dealing with tools losing durability and light sources needing to be refueled type game will determine which one is harder for you.

Archived