An Eye for An Eye - 11-18-2021

10 hours ago, HellHeater said:

wait wait wait 

is this related to the sealed portalin the archives?

DID YOU PLAN THIS CROSSOVER A YEAR AGO??

I thought the same thing. Using the portal in the archives and than stuff from another dimension can slip through, would fitt perfectly. 

I'm pretty sure that most of the items shown will be skins :
-Shadowbeam Staff as Telelocator Staff
-Flamelash as Fire Staff
-Lunar Portal Staff as Moon Caller Staff
-Terraprisma as Glass Cutter
-Pickaxe Axe as Pick/axe
-Light's Bane as Dark Sword
-(Not shown but we already saw it) Spectre Brush as Clean Sweeper.

The Shadow Armor is actually complicated to guess what it will be, there is no such things as Shadow Helmet, so my personal guess would just be a Wilson skin, we never got any armors that give gloves to your character, so, I'll go with a Wilson skin.

Plantera really looks like a Lure plant, so I guess that it will be a Lure plant skin.
I don't know about the Last Prism, it would be odd to be a skin, so I don't have any guess on it.
If most of the things I said is correct, the hype that I have for DST will be kind of wasted, even if I love skins, new content is just worth so much more, and I'm of course hyped for the Eye of Cthulu coming to the game, I wish for the shield of Cthulu to be a droppable item, that would be actually kinda cool.

Just a reminder our 2021 DST roadmap still has a QoL update, Game Content Update & Wolfgang Rework on the list- now that schedule is subject to change at any time.. But if that still accurate- Then this Terraria Crossover is considered that game content update.

Game Content updates are: Turn of Tides, Salty Dog, Hook, Line & Inker, She Sells Sea Shells, Troubled Waters, Forgotten Knowledge, Eye of the Storm, Reap What You Sow & Water Logged.

Each of those added either new craftables, new mobs or entirely new biomes. I would be disheartened if the update was just a bunch of skins. 

but anyway we will find out soon enough- Only thing I would like to know right now is if this is coming to PS/Xbox on November 18th or if we will have to wait till sometime after PC?

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just a reminder our 2021 DST roadmap still has a QoL update, Game Content Update & Wolfgang Rework on the list- now that schedule is subject to change at any time.. But if that still accurate- Then this Terraria Crossover is considered that game content update.

Game Content updates are: Turn of Tides, Salty Dog, Hook, Line & Inker, She Sells Sea Shells, Troubled Waters, Forgotten Knowledge, Eye of the Storm, Reap What You Sow & Water Logged.

Each of those added either new craftables, new mobs or entirely new biomes. I would be disheartened if the update was just a bunch of skins. 

but anyway we will find out soon enough- Only thing I would like to know right now is if this is coming to PS/Xbox on November 18th or if we will have to wait till sometime after PC?

Can you send me proof of when any developer said that we are gonna get another qol, or are you just making it up

3 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Can you send me proof of when any developer said that we are gonna get another qol, or are you just making it up

On 10/21/2021 at 7:00 PM, zarklord_klei said:

As we've mentioned before, we had different plans for this month, but we needed to move things around a bit and so we rescheduled that for next month and added a bonus QOL update in its place!

29 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

B5386098-5365-4E99-916E-A289C3FC8456.thumb.png.217314d98a614fb809328a5560854d23.png

I already sent this once, assuming you missed it- But Mr JoeW says he will have more details Later.. so I am to assume that we will get more info on what’s coming next the same day we get the Terraria update or sometime later.

here’s the second post to make sure I’m not scamming y’all- there really is another QoL coming and the October one was clearly labeled as “Bonus” but- as I’ve said before.. that planned Roadmapped QoL could’ve been pushed into 2022- I just know one IS Coming- I don’t Know when..

Spoiler

84ADC8C4-60CC-46BE-A8B4-32C1D4FC6881.thumb.png.6a11772b9a2aa89da1b9399256dcf192.png

(I hope I don’t get in trouble for sharing this :()

Anyways, I personally would assume that if they’re going to add mildly disturbing walking/flying eyeball mobs into DST that OBVIOUSLY they will also add a toggle to turn them off for people who have problems with them like they did the Lunar Hound & Penguins.

3 hours ago, Rafi. said:

I'm pretty sure that most of the items shown will be skins :
-Shadowbeam Staff as Telelocator Staff
-Flamelash as Fire Staff
-Lunar Portal Staff as Moon Caller Staff
-Terraprisma as Glass Cutter
-Pickaxe Axe as Pick/axe
-Light's Bane as Dark Sword

That would be really dissapointing.

There is a lot more potential to these items functionality wise than mere skins. Plus Shadowbeam as Telelocator just flatout makes 0 sense.

Also Terraria has no item and weapon skins so Terraria getting actual weapons and functional items and DST just getting skins feels off and unlikely to what Klei said wanting this crossover to be "worthy of the fanbases"

8 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

That would be really dissapointing.

There is a lot more potential to these items functionality wise than mere skins. Plus Shadowbeam as Telelocator just flatout makes 0 sense.

Also Terraria has no item and weapon skins so Terraria getting actual weapons and functional items and DST just getting skins feels off and unlikely to what Klei said wanting this crossover to be "worthy of the fanbases"

The update isnt out yet, just be patient

4 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

What does that have to do with my reply to that person tho?

It can’t be just skins.. there is a creepy eyeball teaser gif that shows something in-game most the weapons may be just skins, but I wouldn’t really want a bunch of overpowered new Terraria weapons in DST anyway.

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It can’t be just skins.. there is a creepy eyeball teaser gif that shows something in-game most the weapons may be just skins, but I wouldn’t really want a bunch of overpowered new Terraria weapons in DST anyway.

Ofc it would be game breaking to have a fully functional Terraprisma in the game. That thing is a mob and boss blender ingame.

However it occassionally spawning a prisma blade when hitting an enemy wouldnt be too broken in dst i think and still somewhat close to how it works in Terraria.

Same for Lunar Portal that i mentioned here before how it would work in DST that would make the most sense and still be somewhat close to source.

EDIT:

Bottom line it feels off that beside the bosses. Terraria would get functional weapons and Summons and DST just weapon/item skins. Some of which wouldn't even make much sense to be just skins.

What Shadowbeam Staff would reskin? In Terraria it's a magic weapon that shoots energy beams that pierce through enemies and ricochet against surfaces. Making it a Telelocator reskin would be somewhat like adding a Phoenix Blaster pistol to DST and making it a Spear reskin.

And unlikely since this crossover apparently is supposed to be "special"

Also DST has something Terraria doesn't. Weapon/item durability.

But i guess we will see

46 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

What Shadowbeam Staff would reskin? In Terraria it's a magic weapon that shoots energy beams that pierce through enemies and ricochet against surfaces. Making it a Telelocator reskin would be somewhat like adding a Phoenix Blaster pistol to DST and making it a Spear reskin.

I think your example is a little extreme... A gun being a skin for different category of weapons isn't quite the same as swapping the skin from one staff to another. They wouldn't have the same effect, yes, but it wouldn't look out of place.

16 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I think your example is a little extreme... A gun being a skin for different category of weapons isn't quite the same as swapping the skin from one staff to another. They wouldn't have the same effect, yes, but it wouldn't look out of place.

It still does make very little sense tho.

Cause functionallity wise these are drastically different.

At least Flamelash as Fire Staff reskin makes sense.

And Terraria has quite few teleportation items that would work better as Telelocator reskin.

Take Rod of Discord for example. Perfect candidate for Telelocator staff skin.

Shadowbeam Staff as Telelocator skin doesn't make sense like i said. 2 completely different items and Terraria has better more suitable alternatives for a Telelocator reskin while DST doesn't have really any good suitable items that would somewhat fit as a Shadowbeam Staff.

I am gonna bet that it's going to be as new item.

But like i said we will see.

10 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

It still does make very little sense tho.

Cause functionallity wise these are drastically different.

At least Flamelash as Fire Staff reskin makes sense.

Actually I think the shadow beam makes less sense as a weapon in dst. The dst devs themselves don't go through the trouble of making their own weapons more complex than they have to. Even in terraria the shadow beam staff is a little finicky to get it to hit multiple times and kinda weak above ground. In DST this weapon would have to bounce of trees/boulders/structures/walls and such to have the same effect and it just seems like a lot of dev time for one weapon. As a telelocator it can have the application of turning the character into a beam that is transported elsewhere, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

I personally think the weapons are skins and the actual item(s) are being kept secret for now. The reason why I says this is because on terraria's side we see don't see anything that corresponds to a deerclops drop, same goes for the eye of cthulhu. I think all of those items will be sold by a new npc, probably Wilson, that will be available in terraria. The npc will probably allow you to swap skins in terraria for certain items and purchase abigail, glommer, and chester (new portable chest?) as pets.

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

I personally think the weapons are skins and the actual item(s) are being kept secret for now. The reason why I says this is because on terraria's side we see don't see anything that corresponds to a deerclops drop, same goes for the eye of cthulhu. I think all of those items will be sold by a new npc, probably Wilson, that will be available in terraria. The npc will probably allow you to swap skins in terraria for certain items and purchase abigail, glommer, and chester (new portable chest?) as pets.

What if instead of wilson we can see wagstaff npc? It would make sense lore wise, considering he can project himself in different realms such as hamlet or together

Archived