An Eye for An Eye - 11-18-2021

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And as old as I am, it reminds me of the Sega Genesis days of Contra (a game based on killing the hordes of things that appear on screen)

Out of every Terraria comparison I've seen in my life, Contra has to be the worst one.

There's a reason why the description is "Dig, fight, explore, build!" and not "Fight, fight, explore, fight!"

13 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Out of every Terraria comparison I've seen in my life, Contra has to be the worst one.

There's a reason why the description is "Dig, fight, explore, build!" and not "Fight, fight, explore, fight!"

Tell that to the spawn rate in Terraria, god building an arena for plantera is hell because you do more "fight, fight, fight, fight" then "dig, fight, explore, build"

13 minutes ago, -Variant said:

As Hornet said! It's from Newhome, and isn't anything new.
Though I am curious as to why you're posting this here.

Yeah, my friend did rebuild from the file in newhome. I'm just curious why it got its name from Glomglom and Cthulhu

52 minutes ago, VN Moon said:

Yeah, my friend did rebuild from the file in newhome. I'm just curious why it got its name from Glomglom and Cthulhu

It's from before the Terraria collab and isn't related.
The name is just a fun play on words! GlomGlom is obvious but the other half is because it resembles Cthulhu, (The actual one.) with the tentacles and whatnot. 

I keep refreshing the Xbox Events app in hopes that cool crossover announcement would show up there but so far.. no luck and the only thing DST related that does show up here is Hallowed Nights.

With the update coming out literally in just a day, you would think terraria & dst both would already have an Event announcement for it up on the Xbox Events app. But maybe they’ll update it Thursday alongside the DST/Terraria updates.

20 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

The footage they have shown clearly shows it happening in a normal, survival world. As it should, cause forge/gorge were pretty much different games altogether.

All we saw was a brief moment of gameplay, it could be an event even if it uses some survival assets say for example we go to the Terraria world in the forest biome. That's generally where the average player fights the EoC anyway.

Rule #1 don’t set your expectations too high. Rule #2 Good things come to those that wait. Rule #3 If the Gorge & Forge was barely covering the costs it took for Klei to run them and they’ve said this multiple times- Don’t expect them to comeback or a new event in the same structure as them anytime soon. Rule #4- Be pleasantly surprised if they EVER do return or if a content update exceeds your lowered expectations.

Oh yeah and it’s 4:30am here Wednesday so the update officially comes out Tomorrow for me which would be Thursday November 18 ;) 

Archived