[Game Update] - Public Testing - 482255

17 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Going straight up is fun? :-o 
"Winding ladders" sounds like every single one of my colonies :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

918306397_Theperfectsystem.thumb.PNG.85c0c389babff558fac22a85e5a3b21e.PNG1615012304_Thelamentablecrashpad.thumb.PNG.4f6e52144429f25ef8c87f60258364b4.PNG709818553_theunfortunategang.thumb.png.6c1578df4d115599f0ae3015cfe03621.png

Winding ladders/stairway could be a new type of stairs. :lol:

Half the speed, but + 2 morale...because its fun for the dupes going around and around and around and around... :lemo:

dizzy.gifimage.thumb.png.9d7dba2ac285f8317c9cb4035570346c.png

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

So many cool updates. Most of them highly requested. Good to know that there are still large things being worked on. I still have hope there are more things to come (radiation medicine, microwave oven other teased/leaked things).

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

the flipped asteroid can have neutronium in the magma crust, sadly

image.thumb.png.dddf68edf63604dd1e7353f3215b9d08.png

keep in mind every shattered asteroid start gets a flipped asteroid.  but you either start on one as the flipped start or have it as the warp destination on the radioactive ocean.  the warp destination is the radioactive ocean for the flipped start too fwiw.  for a truly difficult map, disable the teleporters.  no oil/plastic and only water source is likely to be a covered csv

i'd assume the best way to get through the magma is to dig a vacuum reservoir and drain the magma into that

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, zach123b said:

For a truly difficult map, disable the teleporters.  no oil/plastic and only water source is likely to be a covered csv

i'd assume the best way to get through the magma is to dig a vacuum reservoir and drain the magma into that

Flipped asteroid with no teleporter seems like a real challenge. You don't even have access to steel since there's no iron ore at all. There's also no drekos or thimble reed so no atmo suits either. The most reliable way to get out would be to dig out an entire half of the map, vaccum it out and put airflow tiles in the borders and let the magma fall in there. Seems like it'd be a really interesting/painful asteroid for sure.

• Like 3

It's just mega-lol and in some ways even a fiasco. Three days ago, I was inspired by a topic on this forum and wanted to make a mod for the return of a virtual planetarium, at least as an entertainment building. In a couple of evenings, I quickly sketched out the code - the mod was 70% ready, everything worked as intended. It remains only to add the source of the diskettes.

1154294521_2021-10-1620-38-01.thumb.png.1499013a53c816be72a39ad032cf20f5.png

Spoiler

As a source of diskettes, I wanted to use telescopes. But I had another idea about telescopes, and then I focused on developing a second mod.

777679974_2021-10-1620-36-51.thumb.png.82bc86529db62372158f733bb52db79f.png

And now this morning I found out that this unfinished mod was suddenly not needed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sanchozz said:

It's just mega-lol and in some ways even a fiasco. Three days ago, I was inspired by a topic on this forum and wanted to make a mod for the return of a virtual planetarium, at least as an entertainment building. In a couple of evenings, I quickly sketched out the code - the mod was 70% ready, everything worked as intended. It remains only to add the source of the diskettes.

1154294521_2021-10-1620-38-01.thumb.png.1499013a53c816be72a39ad032cf20f5.png

Reveal hidden contents

As a source of diskettes, I wanted to use telescopes. But I had another idea about telescopes, and then I focused on developing a second mod.

777679974_2021-10-1620-36-51.thumb.png.82bc86529db62372158f733bb52db79f.png

And now this morning I found out that this unfinished mod was suddenly not needed.

now there is thing. Developers show that game is not finish yet.

also there is thing they have right turn this game upside down and none off mods start work

because its Early Access Game

EAG.png.9bbbb497bb518b3eadd24d38a49d3b03.png

anyway if you have crazy idea post at there. they may add and may not

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/252-oxygen-not-included-spaced-out-suggestions-and-feedback/

Edited by gabberworld

7 hours ago, Gurgel said:

The map will still be hard enough with that, but having to rush a 2nd Oxygen source right at the start (or killing off one dupe) feels like it is overdoing things.

I tried this asteroid's early game, very fun !

I rushed for ranching hatch and indeed I had to build an electrolyzer 

8 hours ago, babba said:

dizzy.gif

i looked and looked this image .and what i realize that its looks exactly like Factorio game animation.

what they todo is make at inside blender or similar app the 3d model then they make rotation images from angles like radpolt generator have at oxygen not included

and make the images, then they convert those images to the 2d Sprite

rest does the code

years ago i made formel 1 car  for fun at there for personal use. used they tank game script. i not released the mod

at oxygen not included

dupes self are complex animations

but allot other animations what have inside game are possible todo mutch better way for increase the performance

--

of course that may not in our case because empty game map self have low fps that something else eat performance like crasy

also i notice why they not use this?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.threading.tasks.parallel.for?view=net-5.0

this is multi thread for loop

not every platform supports this ?

Edited by gabberworld

6 hours ago, Sanchozz said:

It's just mega-lol and in some ways even a fiasco. Three days ago, I was inspired by a topic on this forum and wanted to make a mod for the return of a virtual planetarium, at least as an entertainment building.

You were not the only one, luckily I was focused on another project, that was next in line ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hokaeru said:

I think you get data banks when analyzing geysers, which you can use in the planetarium 

Pretty much like when you retrieved data banks from space before spaced out

I mean, scientifically speaking, how by looking into stars you can study geysers?

I've broke the magma challenge on the inverted asteroid :

magma.thumb.png.7ae12f8c4ce6d25491fae3979c17ad48.png

To inject the gas, I've used sandstone and granite for the pipe as well they melt when the magma came. Then Iv'e got an Escher cascade that will compress all the magma.

Edited by SamLogan
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

4 hours ago, arvenil said:

I mean, scientifically speaking, how by looking into stars you can study geysers?

When you're studying data banks gathered from space, the virtual planetarium is showing you the virtual display of the cluster.  When you're studying data banks from geological surveys, the it's showing you a virtual display of the planetoid you're on.  That's my head canon, anyway.

Edited by goboking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, goboking said:

When you're studying data banks gathered from space, the virtual planetarium is showing you the virtual display of the cluster.  When you're studying data banks from geological surveys, the it's showing you a virtual display of the planetoid you're on.  That's my head canon, anyway.

This is similar what we do on Earth. We compare the characteristics from what we have here and the far far way planet. So I believe this is a appriate and logical design.

• Like 1

I found it being really challanging which I liked. But the challenge was maybe a bit too much. Biggest problem I had was obtaining plastic. Without jungle or oil biome on some steroids it will be really hard to stay alive. I think guaranteeing at least one leaky fissure on pod asteroid would be nice addition. But overall I'd focus and giving players enough water and then rest is on them. I can't wait for it to come live. 

5 hours ago, DolphinWing said:

This is similar what we do on Earth. We compare the characteristics from what we have here and the far far way planet. So I believe this is a appriate and logical design.

It does assume Physics is pretty much exactly the same all over the universe, which probably is not true. But as long as larger deviations are _really_ far away, it does work well. Of course, nobody will yell at an astronomer because they went to something a few mega-parsecs distant and found some things there were different from the predictions ;-)

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 1

Everytime I read about "Crust", I think of a steaming hot 38 cm crispy pizza. Don't know if it's good or bad that French Fries are not yet in the game. Need to go to the kitchen...curious what I will find there :shock:

With a laser I could heat any food... Or even mine tiles...So hungry, thanks for writing about crust @sakura_sk :lol: It looks like a nice warm place with delicious crunchy crust. Hopefully we some day also have "Hamburgerers" in the game. 

Feeling hungry?

Edited by babba

22 hours ago, SamLogan said:

I've broke the magma challenge on the inverted asteroid :

magma.thumb.png.7ae12f8c4ce6d25491fae3979c17ad48.png

To inject the gas, I've used sandstone and granite for the pipe as well they melt when the magma came. Then Iv'e got an Escher cascade that will compress all the magma.

First, this is a very nice approach!

I expect you need steel with that, at least for that door. Correct? How about a door-crusher instead? You lose the magma, but with solar power that is not that much of a loss and it is a lot easier to set up.