[Game Update] - Public Testing - 482255

13 hours ago, Gurgel said:

First, this is a very nice approach!

I expect you need steel with that, at least for that door. Correct? How about a door-crusher instead? You lose the magma, but with solar power that is not that much of a loss and it is a lot easier to set up. 

Yes, you need obsidian for the wall and some steel for the door. You can use door-crusher but you will destroy the magma, the Esher's cascad only store the magma.

It's a proof-of-concept, you can add a thermal exchanger to extract the heat from the room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SamLogan said:

Yes, you need obsidian for the wall and some steel for the door. You can use door-crusher but you will destroy the magma, the Esher's cascad only store the magma.

It's a proof-of-concept, you can add a thermal exchanger to extract the heat from the room.

Tbh when I see Echer's waterfall I'm like.. uhh what magic is that?
How would you extract the heat from such large amount of compressed fluid? Would that need some materials that would surive or some trick with temp plates right next to airflow tiles to use gas in them to exchange heat?
I guess 3 wide wall from window tiles would also work since it should be both temp resistant and not get pressure damage.

Edited by Orzelek

On 10/16/2021 at 3:31 PM, zach123b said:

the flipped asteroid can have neutronium in the magma crust, sadly

image.thumb.png.dddf68edf63604dd1e7353f3215b9d08.png

Dear @zach123b:confused::confused::confused:

image.png.060bd72164c2e495546f68d97f91f4a5.png

image.png.264d451d1b9a4bcda152fa05152d300e.pngimage.thumb.png.d79900f0e2e1771e1af5e40beeccf3c2.pngimage.png.5af88563bc6e86d0f8da26759c8f3463.png

I find the idea of creating flags in the thermal view very creative ! :lol: Kind regards and a hot coffee for you :beguiled:

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:45 PM, Orzelek said:

Tbh when I see Echer's waterfall I'm like.. uhh what magic is that?
How would you extract the heat from such large amount of compressed fluid? Would that need some materials that would surive or some trick with temp plates right next to airflow tiles to use gas in them to exchange heat?
I guess 3 wide wall from window tiles would also work since it should be both temp resistant and not get pressure damage.

You could also use a door-compressor instead of the Escher Waterfall.  Heat removal would probably mean some steel tiles layered 3 deep or diamond window tiles also layered 3 deep as you say. 

On 10/16/2021 at 6:45 AM, pether said:

Now we really, REALLY need random option start, so the game could choose starting cluster and world traits at random, so we had more fun exploring the space! Because when you know what is in your cluster, its not really exploring, its just searching

At a minimum, we need the option to turn off the viewing of volcanoes from space.

• Like 2