[Game Update] - 479502

I had always (apparently incorrectly) assumed that the ring skin just had the characters wearing white gloves. Interesting to see how quickly it was changed after a community suggestion only a few days ago.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Jesus christ I forgot how sickly Maxwell looks. 

Also I think I just realized this... does he have a comb over? Or is it a toupee? 

Of courses he's sickly, he was on the throne for how long?

Also imo it's a comb over, he's kinda old

• Like 3

if you ask me it is quite special how JoeW recently said the team had limited ressources but now apparently they're going full throttle on these near useless skin changes that surely tax quite a bit of extra time and work to process through. there's quite a number of skins and character colors to keep track of and they'll surely add even more in the future.

• Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

if you ask me it is quite special how JoeW recently said the team had limited ressources but now apparently they're going full throttle on these near useless skin changes that surely tax quite a bit of extra time and work to process through. there's quite a number of skins and character colors to keep track of and they'll surely add even more in the future.

Please don't be that person...
I'm not sure you quite understand the scope of the "limited resources" thing. Plus I can assure you if it was seriously taxing on the company's resources they wouldn't be doing this nice thing for us for basically free.

These "useless" skin changes aren't exactly the most taxing thing to do, speaking from a modder's standpoint, as I've done what I can only assume Klei's doing right now for the skins countless times before.
Making these edits is not useless either mind you, it's been a long time want for a large majority of people who enjoy skins and I can't even express how refreshing it is to see these changes finally come to light either.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Please don't be that person...
I'm not sure you quite understand the scope of the "limited resources" thing. Plus I can assure you if it was seriously taxing on the company's resources they wouldn't be doing this nice thing for us for basically free.

These "useless" skin changes aren't exactly the most taxing thing to do, speaking from a modder's standpoint, as I've done what I can only assume Klei's doing right now for the skins countless times before.
Making these edits is not useless either mind you, it's been a long time want for a large majority of people who enjoy skins and I can't even express how refreshing it is to see these changes finally come to light either.

no they're right.

ive looked into it and found that using the color tool in a software on an image takes significantly more time than to port an entire game to a new console

source: trust me

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 6
  • Haha 12
  • Happy Hazard 2
  • Potato Cup 1

36 minutes ago, krtoween said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!! It means so much and I love that I can give Wanda more skins now!

Also this Webber had me laughing so much when I saw the furry hands

mmmm yeah those coldfire tults don't look so great anymoreimage.png.9fa8925907f6b02939fae7734f51714d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t be the only one who wishes they would revert these back to looking like white gloves can I? With the skins ONLY matching the characters original skin tones and not the additional other skin colors for their alternate outfits, it just looks even more weird then it did when I imagined them as little White Gloves.

Maybe Klei will surprise me and go through and give every skin the color of the head that’s applied to it, but I can only imagine that would take a painfully long time.. and probably be even more problematic.

Things like Winona’s Halloween head.. would that now make EVERY “Skin-Toned” part of every clothing item the same color as her Frankenstein bride Zombiefied look? Or will it continue to look the same way it always has- Like simple face paint and the rest of the body never match’s up with the head color? 

• Ninja 1

10 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Feel free to use the ids from 70 to 109 for ground tiles (previously it was 70 to 89). The comments in the lua file will be update in the next hotfix. Unfortunately we do need to hold a number of IDs for our own use. 

Something wrong about Don't Starve mod tools Tiled with Turfs Nombers . Pls update mod tools for modder.

Only a few tiled could be added in game by use Tiled with Set Piece. Such like that pic shows.

1139423742_QQ20210923121337.thumb.png.8ffe4dd0404e877a7e88d7633731b5e7.png

This is the tileds what you could get in game after you sort them in Tiled tool and map.lua as a set piece.  Turfs like Deciduous Turf could not be added by use map.lua with set piece.

If you edited No.26~No.29, you will get nothing.

I hope KLei could help modders with updating mod tools like Tiled. This will be very useful for us.

• Like 1

Can the Moslings and the Rooks be stunlocked like before? Moslings only take two hits before running away and make it useless to pick them off one by one when they are sleeping in night. And the Rooks are a pain to fight, without stunlocking makes it much harder to chase them down and hit them, unlike Bishop they hit hard and can often escape your attacks now, and usually can run very far away from you.

Damn, never realize whip weapons can change the game so drastically.

21 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

This is an example of the change:
image.thumb.png.403424a91583c9b6a3c46a92592b3ba1.pngimage.png.e3f0eb2f0f2fcc3c5e23cd41f0cfe565.png

Before this update, those gloves would make Walter's hands white

Thanks a ton for this, Klei! Finally I can put some of my favorite wristband skins on everyone (Wurt can wear flowers now to look cute and make her life hell, since she hates flowers, lol)

• Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, ScottHansen said:

The following creatures can now be stun locked for a number of hits: MacTusk, Wee MacTusk, No-Eye-Deer, Pigmen (all types), Merms, Bunneymen, Bee Queen, and Celestial Champion (phase 3)

I'm not sure how controversial it would be to ask this, but could something similar be applied to players as well? At least in the sense that if you get hit by 7 Hounds, Spiders, Splumonkies, or any other mob, you're not guaranteed to be stun locked to death because you got hit by the first guy that landed a hit on you.

Edited by Owlrus
  • Like 7

• Developer
On 9/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, Hornete said:

Will there be support/compatibility for modded characters with custom skin tones? As in, will modders have an easy way to add their own skin tones for skins for their own modded characters or will that not be a thing?

Not at this point, but thanks for pointing that out!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

As there seem to be a lot of complains, I'd like to say that there is no possible way for Klei to satisfy the entire community and we should sometimes just appreciate what they are doing. There recently was a thread saying that Klei wasn't listening to the community at all. About that - There also was a thread pointing out the issue with the wrong skin color on skins made not long ago. I made it. It got a lot of positive and agreeing reactions from the forum and PeterA reacted to in in two days. Now we have exactly what was wished in this thread. They listened to a suggestion that was realistic, fitting and apparently wanted by the community. I'm not saying that you shouldn't point out problems and give constructive criticism, quite the opposite. But please, let us appreciate that Klei does in fact pay attention to the community and give them a little credit for that. And don't forget: It's their game, we didn't make it, they do, it's their creative project that they have to be satisfied with.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

The following creatures can now be stun locked for a number of hits: MacTusk, Wee MacTusk, No-Eye-Deer, Pigmen (all types), Merms, Bunneymen, Bee Queen, and Celestial Champion (phase 3),

Would be nice to kill those MOBs (except bosses) using dark sword in just one stun count.

Edited by g4br1elsm

Just out of curiosity, are these supposed to be black and white gloves:

image.png.c38362aff99fb53c6acce27d3bea849f.pngimage.png.364931d4500abbb7e263cde306151030.png

The striking gloves I always imagined as white gloves, but the normal tuxedo gloves, I always just imagined Wilson's hands with white cuffs, which would make it eligible for recoloring in the future. However if they are both supposed to be black and white gloves, may I suggest adding a new cosmetic which just includes the white cuffs? It would be helpful when using a torso skin that have gloves included in the item, on one of the new characters of color, to still give them the option to not wear gloves. Others can just use the striking gloves.

Here is an example:
image.thumb.png.2b1c3cce59bb0c56451b7e1c76dc09a5.png