[Game Update] - 479502

• Developer
  • The following creatures can now be stun locked for a number of hits: MacTusk, Wee MacTusk, No-Eye-Deer, Pigmen (all types), Merms, Bunneymen, Bee Queen, and Celestial Champion (phase 3).
  • Fixed the Tail o' Three Cats not showing while equipped.
  • Fixed Woodie's movement speed when transforming into a were-form while in a storm.
  • Fixed a rare crash when using the Slingshot.
  • Woby, while in big form, should no longer occasionally run away when Walter approaches.
  • Updated various skins to match the skin tones of the character wearing it.

View full update

• Like 52
  • Thanks 13
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 2

9 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

The following creatures can now be stun locked for a number of hits: MacTusk, Wee MacTusk, No-Eye-Deer, Pigmen (all types), Merms, Bunneymen, Bee Queen, and Celestial Champion (phase 3).

Will the 5 hit method for AG be reintroduced anytime soon in a hotfix or is there something else in mind? :love_heart:

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 8
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

Ooo, I wonder which ones are fixed, a few of them I wanted to use but they had this issue.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8290c34f23547e2205eef1ec615764e9.png

If go to Don't Starve Together > data > anim > dynamic you can see where the skins are. Of course they can't be opened, but you can see the date they were modified so it's narrowed down to these files! Hope this helps

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Has anyone tested if this is a nerf to the moose being able to fight antlion?

I think it`s the opposite, in the previous patch I tried fighting as the weremoose and was being slowed by the storm.
Haven't made any tests in this patch though.

• Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

158411898_Schermafbeelding2021-09-22om19_07_08.thumb.png.97ed105a29ba5969a2045473de190e50.png

this is so cursed :lol: awesome change though! 

it seems that the fake human hands dont change color according to head skin on any of the non-human characters. like this: 

1449722870_Schermafbeelding2021-09-22om19_12_13.png.6a54f5bdc146e254455d779adc704239.png

I personally dont care though since this change was mostly needed for the human characters of color and non-human chars r gonna look weird with human hands regardless of the color. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 2
  • GL Happy 1

And people said Klei would never nerf a character :^)

Updated various skins to match the skin tones of the character wearing it.

Interesting, like, if you wear a walter skin on Wilson or something, does the skin tone change to Wilsons? Or is it some mismatch issue with a characters default skin not matching an alternate skins tone?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

And people said Klei would never nerf a character :^)

Interesting, like, if you wear a walter skin on Wilson or something, does the skin tone change to Wilsons? Or is it some mismatch issue with a characters default skin not matching an alternate skins tone?

Bad example, but essentially yes lol

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.eeb403a8fd0683e5b57345f7490a3ec7.png

This is an example of the change:
image.thumb.png.403424a91583c9b6a3c46a92592b3ba1.pngimage.png.e3f0eb2f0f2fcc3c5e23cd41f0cfe565.png

Before this update, those gloves would make Walter's hands white

Edited by Dr. Safety
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Has anyone tested if this is a nerf to the moose being able to fight antlion?

18 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

I think it`s the opposite, in the previous patch I tried fighting as the weremoose and was being slowed by the storm.
Haven't made any tests in this patch though.

You are correct, I just made the test myself and wereforms are not slowed by storm effects. It was just bugfixing.

Edited by ShadowDuelist

I absolutely love the fix for the skin color issues, and honestly, human hands Wormwood works surprisingly well. (The current color also works really good for Triumphant Wormwood). 

I'm already plenty satisfied but if you guys could do some more work on it, I'd be so happy if each head skin had it's skin color on non-Humans while wearing these hand skins/chest skins. Specially for the hand skins where Wormwood has leaf hands.

P.S.: Daisy Bracelets is my new favorite hand skin.

Edited by SomebodyRandom
My wording was pretty bad, but I think I got it right now.
  • Like 4

• Developer
24 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

We're not done with these upgrades. We'll be doing more fixes in the coming months.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 12
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Will the 5 hit method for AG be reintroduced anytime soon in a hotfix or is there something else in mind? :love_heart:

Do you think ppl really want that?  I doubt Klei would just revert an actual bug in the AI, its good when code does what its supposed to.  People were exploiting an ai bug to get a few extra hits and they enjoyed employing the skill it took to exploit that bug.  Adding a longer pause is a nerf that just makes the AG fight a lot easier.  Anyone not cheesing AG is probably trying to try-hard so I don't think an ez-mode fix like that would be satisfactory.

Right now the timing is tight enough that the fight is difficult, I think a decrease in health would be the preferred nerf just to shorten the fight a bit without taking away the difficulty of it.  Maybe a drop to 5k or 7.5k health.

But I'm pretty sure Klei would rather do something better than either of these options.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1

• Developer
30 minutes ago, Mert_TR said:

please increase the amound of turfs that can be added by a mod

Feel free to use the ids from 70 to 109 for ground tiles (previously it was 70 to 89). The comments in the lua file will be update in the next hotfix. Unfortunately we do need to hold a number of IDs for our own use. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4