If you could Change 1 thing About DST what would it be?

Stack sizes on builder objects. Boards, Cut Stone, Turf, all should be at least 40. The biggest drag of megabasing is the enormous amount of time doing repetitive tasks such as crafting the same recipe 120 times in a row or walking back & forth between base & where you are building.

Chest size should be 25 by default, 36 for the Dragon chest. The other big time waster in this game besides mass crafting is storage management. It's extremely silly that a backpack has the same storage space as a chest.

These two changes wouldn't affect balance too much (since you only need stacks & stacks of stuff for building, not survival or boss fights), but would remove a major hurdle for players looking to live longer in a world and transition towards megabasing.

Make it so that boat patches don't block structures on boats.

27 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

Change the Think Tank from the Science Tab to the Nautical Tab. This will allow new player to more easily see that this is a tab, and that there is things to explore in that tab, like how Magic works.

In a similar vein, I think it'd make sense to move the tackle receptacle from the structures tab to the nautical tab.

ik you said 1 thing but screw that

something to do with the way the game has been going for the past couple years. dont get me wrong, rot has been good, but i still wouldve liked to seen the mainland and caves get expanded on. instead, klei now has this massive empty ocean they have to spend time filling with content, and even after 2 years of development, it still feels empty.

crab king rework would be nice, both drops and the fight itself

world gen needs a touch up, especially the ruins

more changes to the world overtime other than regrowth, hounds, and petrification

2 hours ago, JaxckLl said:

Stack sizes on builder objects. Boards, Cut Stone, Turf, all should be at least 40. The biggest drag of megabasing is the enormous amount of time doing repetitive tasks such as crafting the same recipe 120 times in a row or walking back & forth between base & where you are building.

Chest size should be 25 by default, 36 for the Dragon chest. The other big time waster in this game besides mass crafting is storage management. It's extremely silly that a backpack has the same storage space as a chest.

These two changes wouldn't affect balance too much (since you only need stacks & stacks of stuff for building, not survival or boss fights), but would remove a major hurdle for players looking to live longer in a world and transition towards megabasing.

the first one i can see, but the second one is straight up op, appart that it would cover up like half the screen

also, a backpack has 1 less space than a chest

1 hour ago, Wardin25 said:

but the second one is straight up op, appart that it would cover up like half the screen

A. I’m very confused on how inventory’s with their one purpose to be storing items would be considered OP ever. If storing items was overpowered, just dropping items on the ground would beat any form of storage by a factor of 10.

I don’t really know if I would want a bigger inventory space on a normal chest since you get a decent amount of inventory for what you get (although it would be a welcome change), but I would certainly appreciate if the scaled chest got a 5X5-6X6 inventory, especially as it needs a boss drop and has a much larger hitbox compared to standard chests, making it difficult to pack a bunch in a small area.

B. I feel like a 5X5-6X6 would look alright. It certainly would be large, but it definitely wouldn’t struggle to fit on a screen while still looking fine.

24 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

A. I’m very confused on how inventory’s with their one purpose to be storing items would be considered OP ever. If storing items was overpowered, just dropping items on the ground would beat any form of storage by a factor of 10.

I don’t really know if I would want a bigger inventory space on a normal chest since you get a decent amount of inventory for what you get (although it would be a welcome change), but I would certainly appreciate if the scaled chest got a 5X5-6X6 inventory, especially as it needs a boss drop and has a much larger hitbox compared to standard chests, making it difficult to pack a bunch in a small area.

B. I feel like a 5X5-6X6 would look alright. It certainly would be large, but it definitely wouldn’t struggle to fit on a screen while still looking fine.

To be fair, there are a few practical reasons to store items in chests other than to help stay organized. Keeping items in a chest keeps them dry and if the item is edible/spoils, it prevents mobs from eating them and prevents them from spoiling faster than if it were left on the ground. I think that's about it though? I definitely don't think it'd be op if chest storage space was increased, or alternatively if crafting cost was reduced to two or maybe even one board.

The one thing I would change is how much balance is cared about. Sort of a cheap answer because that would snowball into a lot more changes than just one. :)

If I had to really choose just one thing I think I'd say Warly getting a passive where food buffs last twice as long on him. Would be a lot of fun.

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

Domesticated beef pooping is a huge boon for Wormwood players

Manure gives +2 health, and rot, that doesn't even require farming thanks to all those seeds and forgotten lightbulbs in ice boxes, gives +4, which is strictly better. I can see value of manure if used to craft compost wrap to get a single item that heals decent amount of health and triggers bloom (without waiting for fish morsel to spoil or going for a relatively long quest for collecting empty bottles and bull kelp), but then it's much faster to use werepig to convert spare lightbulbs/petals/whatever is veggie or fruit into manure. Also bat bat is decent option for just healing, tent too (especially when built in caves and used with cooked bananas).

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

farmers

Werepig is better option in terms of time spent on manure production even considering time spent to gather lightbulbs, + they usually have spare veggies/fruits to convert, like spoiling berries/farm vegetables or fruits/stone fruits/etc. Another option is to bond beefalo, bring it to base, but not domesticate it, I'm asking for removing constant poop flow only from domesticated ones.

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

sailors and people who dont have wood to spare for fire fuel

Beefalo wool has the same fuel value as manure, is twice more space-efficient, whole herd can be shaved every 3 days (whereas manure production of the herd doesn't scale that fast because of cap based on proximity to already dropped ones). It's inconvenient and dangerous (wildfires, picking instead of moving for people who use mouse to move) to not put resources on boat in chests, and there is not much space for a lot of chests on boat, so space efficiency for sailors is even more relevant than anyone else. I know from experience that a single beefalo on boat produces so much manure when one picks it right away, that it allows to constantly fuel fire pit in winter and net loss of fuel is 0 or close to that, but then one is forced to constantly hear those flies and see that poop, or constantly stop steering/rowing/staying near anchor, and that puts boat in danger, not to mention the fact that beefalo on boat visually blocks a lot of space, so it's even more dangerous. Anyway, if one still wishes to have that cheap source of manure, they can use bonded not domesticated one just as fine, and I don't see a point of taking domesticated one for the whole seasons on boat because player is unable to control boat movement at all while mounted, otherwise there is no difference in spamming salt licks on mainland or boat.

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

the max amount of poop that will gather up in its surroundings is like two

Yes, 2 exactly, and even though I have "mute flies" mod enabled at all times, other people don't, and whenever I came to base to cook food and bring/take some resources to/from chests I have to dismount, therefore manure is produced. I have to pick it on cooldown, whether I hear sound or not, because I still see it, other people suffering, manure is blocking dwarf stars placement, and finally, if dwarf star is already placed, that random poop pile can easily be the cause of burned base. Don't tell me to rebuld base entirely because of that, because if it's public server, it would be a strait up griefing and rudeness to other people to hammer well-functioning in absence of beefalo base.

36 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

ur trying to pass off a lot of personal opinions as ultimate truths or valid reasons to remove a feature of the game u personally happen to find annoying.

because u think "werepigs are better for poop" doesnt mean i agree with that or doesnt mean ""inferior"" sources of poop are worthless. Poop tierlist topic incoming? :roll:

Beefalo pooping is an elegant stacking of functions. u get it endlessly and effortlessly without needing to go out of ur way for it and on top of everything else a domesticated beefalo already provides. Because you see no use for it or it doesnt factor into your gameplay doesnt mean that is the case for everyone. 

Beefalos have always pooped its an integral part of what makes a beefalo a beefalo. 

they should just lower the volume of fly noises.

25 minutes ago, Ohan said:

ur trying to pass off a lot of personal opinions as ultimate truths or valid reasons to remove a feature of the game

doesnt mean i agree with that or doesnt mean ""inferior"" sources of poop are worthless

Poop tierlist topic incoming?

Because you see no use for it or it doesnt factor into your gameplay doesnt mean that is the case for everyone

Where did you get these ideas? My post was a reply to your statement, that Wormwood players gameplay would be severely damaged, and I just suggested a ways how to achieve the same result using very similar or identical resources or playstyle, in case that change was ever done. I'm not hostile, but trying to be helpful and constructive, whereas you are just passive-agressive for no reason. Please, chill, I'm not interested in implying that my opinion or playstyle is superior or that some methods are worthless, because all that depends on circumstances, your goal and settings, I'm here to just discuss things about game I like. Also don't bring that tier list ******** here, I hate them and had that enough in my life.

But I have opinion, things I like and dislike, this topic is about suggestion, and I'm politely defending my suggestion and opinion while acknowledging some cases where it's questionable change. I have a right to ask for fixing things that are inconvenient for me, just like anyone else. In fact, my suggestion is caused by the fact that I care about other people irl sanity (they asked me to pick manure) and their bases, as well as their right to keep their favourite design intact. But I have right to tame a beefalo, and unfortunally that causes clash in multiplayer invironment.

Archived