If you could Change 1 thing About DST what would it be?

10 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

A. I’m very confused on how inventory’s with their one purpose to be storing items would be considered OP ever. If storing items was overpowered, just dropping items on the ground would beat any form of storage by a factor of 10.

I don’t really know if I would want a bigger inventory space on a normal chest since you get a decent amount of inventory for what you get (although it would be a welcome change), but I would certainly appreciate if the scaled chest got a 5X5-6X6 inventory, especially as it needs a boss drop and has a much larger hitbox compared to standard chests, making it difficult to pack a bunch in a small area.

B. I feel like a 5X5-6X6 would look alright. It certainly would be large, but it definitely wouldn’t struggle to fit on a screen while still looking fine.

It's more for balance and desing choices. Klei wanted to give you a challenge what to keep on your inventory or not, and what on chests or not. It's not rocket science, therefore yes, it would be op or atleast strong having more space on your inventory and chests. 

On the other hand reducing the cost of boards for less grinding is another discussion which i agree. 

31 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Have lag compensation disabled by default.

a lot of new players quit the game and one reason is being damaged by a hound or spider out of range because they dont know they need to diseable this. Brings a very bad first impression of the game, klei should totally changed it

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a lot of new players quit the game and one reason is being damaged by a hound or spider out of range because they dont know they need to diseable this. Brings a very bad first impression of the game, klei should totally changed it

Klei should even fix hitboxes and other, because we all know it's not only lag compensation. 

14 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Better yet, improve the lag compensation system

I believe there was a bug fix long ago to address predictive lag compensation, but I think it still kinda of the same?

The devs only became aware of it because a lot of people were reporting on the bug tracker about being unable to hit bosses with Lag Compensation enabled. It's somewhere in Scott's profile if you're interested in the time frame.

Probably make it so that tile sizes are more consistent

Some tiles look very small on the ground when placed, like grass. But some tiles are also way too big, like wooden flooring or carpet flooring.

I never seem to be able to get them to whatever I size I want them to be.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, Treeomp said:

game need to be mmore scary

There's an issue with this. Once you're used to something, it's no longer scary. So it can't stay scary. There are lots of things that are terrifying when you don't know about them. But once you've leaned about them and how to deal with them, they're not scary anymore.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:13 AM, Milordo said:

It's more for balance and desing choices. Klei wanted to give you a challenge what to keep on your inventory or not, and what on chests or not. It's not rocket science, therefore yes, it would be op or atleast strong having more space on your inventory and chests. 

On the other hand reducing the cost of boards for less grinding is another discussion which i agree. 

The amount of things that the player can carry on them and the amount of chest space in your camp are two very different things. You're definitely right that the player character's inventory being limited is an important balancing factor, but having enough chests to store everything else is a lot less consequential. Aside from the few small practical reasons that I pointed out, chests mostly just help keep things organized and look a lot nicer compared to leaving everything on the ground in an unsightly pile, so I really don't see how having chest storage space increased would a bad thing at all.

8 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

The amount of things that the player can carry on them and the amount of chest space in your camp are two very different things. You're definitely right that the player character's inventory being limited is an important balancing factor, but having enough chests to store everything else is a lot less consequential. Aside from the few small practical reasons that I pointed out, chests mostly just help keep things organized and look a lot nicer compared to leaving everything on the ground in an unsightly pile, so I really don't see how having chest storage space increased would a bad thing at all.

I'm gonna be honest, i just dislike the idea (for more space in the chest) because maybe it's nostalgia, affection or personal preference. (Subjective opinion ahead) I never had a problem storing all my stuff in the chests, even with friends, considering bundling wraps exist (dunno if you mention them). So you can store more on your chest than you think about it and let's be honest, i don't know if you play always with your friends but mine ALWAYS put hammers, spears, shovels, ecc.... even at 80% on the ground in an angle. It's a curse, rubbish will always accumulate in your base. 

HOWEVER!! Something i wanna point out it's the grinding. I support the lowering cost of boards, it's something we can all agree and benefit, even you that you want more space for your chests. 

4 hours ago, Milordo said:

I'm gonna be honest, i just dislike the idea (for more space in the chest) because maybe it's nostalgia, affection or personal preference. (Subjective opinion ahead) I never had a problem storing all my stuff in the chests, even with friends, considering bundling wraps exist (dunno if you mention them). So you can store more on your chest than you think about it and let's be honest, i don't know if you play always with your friends but mine ALWAYS put hammers, spears, shovels, ecc.... even at 80% on the ground in an angle. It's a curse, rubbish will always accumulate in your base. 

HOWEVER!! Something i wanna point out it's the grinding. I support the lowering cost of boards, it's something we can all agree and benefit, even you that you want more space for your chests. 

Lol, I wish that I had friends that I could regularly play the game with.

But yeah, the problem isn't necessarily that chest's don't have enough space, it's just that they cost more wood than they're really worth. So really, either them having more space or a reduced crafting cost would fix that, and if I had to choose one it would be the latter.

Now that I think about it though, I might be downplaying the importance of staying organized a little. Time spent rummaging through a bunch of piles of items on the ground just to find what you need can really add up and cut into your efficiency.

4 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

There's an issue with this. Once you're used to something, it's no longer scary. So it can't stay scary. There are lots of things that are terrifying when you don't know about them. But once you've leaned about them and how to deal with them, they're not scary anymore.

This is subject to opinion, if enemies randomly attack you from out of nowhere that could potentially be scary.

Spooky doesn’t necessarily mean it has to have its skin peeling off & one eye hanging from the socket (like the zombie from the children’s TV series Courage the Cowardly Dog.. which I loved that show By the Way!)

Spooky could just mean something unpredictable, you weren’t expecting.. For example if you play a Zombie game that is highly scripted and the SAME zombies appear in the SAME location and attempt to “Jump Scare” you as the Same bodies laying on the ground you know it’s coming.. you won’t be scared on the second time you play this part… BUT if you take that same zombie game, make the zombies you encounter happen at complete random, let Some corpses remain to be motionless where others will animate back to life.. and let these corpses be choosen at Random rather then being the same corpse in the same spot every single time… then you put back in some of the unpredictability you revive some of the jump scare.

Take DST as an example the first time you encounter a depth worm is probably because you mistake it as a resource you can pluck BUT later you discover Klei stupidly added a way of telling which is resources and which is actually the creature in hiding (I won’t spoil that for anyone yet to figure it out..)

But it’s not the same as say Hamlet or Shipwrecked where chopping trees has a random chance to spawn a hostile mob you may have been low on health and unprepared to deal with.

Its why I would like to see something “new” for Halloween where failed survivor skeletons have a random chance of animating back to life to attack the player.

It adds some of that unpredictable “is this thing going to come to life and attack me or will it just lay there motionless as I pass by” 

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is subject to opinion, if enemies randomly attack you from out of nowhere that could potentially be scary.

The first couple times, yes. Hounds are terrifying when they first attack. Deerclops is terrifying the first time she destroys your base. Snakes from trees are scary the first few times they drop on your head. 

But then you lean that hounds are a thing and they come every week or so. You learn that Deerclops is at worst an inconvenience, at best she'll take out that beefalo herd for you and get you a fridge stuffed with easy jerky. You learn that chopping trees can drop snakes, so you deal with the snakes.

It's all scary at first. And then you get used to it. Skeletons might raise and attack you? Sure that's a spook the first time or three. Then "Oh look a skeleton. Better be ready for that".

DS/T is certainly a scary game. We just get used to it and the scare wears off.

On 8/26/2021 at 4:01 PM, Dextops said:

remove wendy

I'm slamming my desk and balling rn

On 8/26/2021 at 6:02 PM, JaxckLl said:

Chest size should be 25 by default, 36 for the Dragon chest.

That's a bit op, especially considering you can get chests early on. 9 slots and 12 slots are plenty

On 8/28/2021 at 7:57 AM, sinisterrkid said:

This would be my change as well. Even as someone who uses Bearger to gather massive amounts of wood: boards are way too expensive.

I'd love to see mass crafting with reduced cost but higher tech requirement become standard. 4 for 1 is fine for early game since that's how the fire-time balances out, but lategame it's just a drag. 10 boards for 24 logs for examples seems super reasonable late game when logs are being gathered by the hundreds.

Archived