No reason to want Tackle Box skins

2 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

cries in Insulated-Pack-Main

Hah I get ya, insulated pack could do with a skin, it feels like the only backpack that's been left out now, backpack has a ton, piggyback has a skin, krampus sack has a skin, heck even the seed pack-it has a skin, why not insulated pack?

3 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Hah I get ya, insulated pack could do with a skin, it feels like the only backpack that's been left out now, backpack has a ton, piggyback has a skin, krampus sack has a skin, heck even the seed pack-it has a skin, why not insulated pack?

magiluminescence mains:

8 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

This post is just an excuse to remind everyone that RoT could have had an actual useful thing for once. 

yes, they could add the best source of rocks, infinity light, a better icebox, a quick way to obtain veggies that dries fast for sanity or a head slot item that adds damage is the best item for sanity and gives light without the need of refueling it

if only they added an useful thing...

16 hours ago, Hornete said:

I really wish theyd make the life giving amulet skins apply to all the other amulets, might as well.

image.png.6740c98e5120f5705362fea073b2ff02.pngwell i dont know i mean they have to alter the disign for the other amulets if life amulet skins sould alsol works for other kinds of amulets like at this point it just sould have complete seperated amulet skins for each amulet let me make some designs

image.thumb.png.e1d9e5f36977d7d04418e12e879503a9.png

Personally, I love skins for items that I don't personally use: they make me check out parts of the game I'd otherwise been neglecting! As someone who has always had trouble getting into fishing on more than just a basic level, just how pretty these skins are is what finally made me go buy a tackle box and try to get into it more.

If you don't like it and you never use the item, don't weave it (or unravel it, if you end up with one anyway). Use the spools for something you do like. At the end of the day, every skin is a decorative feature with little to no practical use, so it seems pointless to gripe about the existence of skins for an item you don't use.

Why is OP so bothered that cosmetic skins exist for items they don't use? I'm not even gonna bother arguing if the items themselves are useful... just why? Do you believe there was some sort of opportunity cost and they choose to "waste" their art team in drawing new tackle boxes instead of doing something for your favourite item?

Don't like don't buy it. Every store front works that way. I don't walk into the fruit aisle of a store and expect every fruit there to cater to me. Every skin we get brings variety and base-building opportunities. Yes, even the ones I don't like.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:41 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

yes, they could add the best source of rocks, infinity light, a better icebox, a quick way to obtain veggies that dries fast for sanity or a head slot item that adds damage is the best item for sanity and gives light without the need of refueling it

if only they added an useful thing...

No, I meant like, actually useful stuff.

Rock Bush is dead after they nerfed wicker book. Without lureplant/horticulture the harvest is just not worth it. Bearger and pertified forest are better. 

Infinity light is a megabase thingy you might as well call skins and waxed mega veggies useful. 

I don't really get why people even make salt box if ice box works just fine. If you have so mutch food that it spoils in icebox - then bundle it. or even better - stop farming food. 

Bullkelp? You guys make drying racks? The fact that it dries faster dosen't really help since you always do multitasking while "waiting" for stuff to dry. The only thing that matters is that you have to manually prepare and harvest every drying rack, and kelt dosen't make it any faster than big meat. Veggies aren't that important to make a whole farm dedicated to them. Also, vegies are overrated. 

And as for enlightenment crown... God, this item is revolting. Who designed it?

A light source that dosen't provide light

A sanity item that drains sanity

A damage multiplier you get by defeating the final boss 

You have to use another light source and another sanity source to utilize this hat and at that point this item is a third wheel. 

24 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Rock Bush is dead after they nerfed wicker book. Without lureplant/horticulture the harvest is just not worth it. Bearger and pertified forest are better.

Stone fruit is still really good for the amount of effort it takes to get it. 1 trip to the island can net you ~20 bushes, which is 60 potential fruits per harvesting cycle (and likely more once you get sprouting stone fruits from them). Said fruits never go bad unless you mine them, which means they don’t require bundles (and even if you have them, they are not required), and still are a pretty good source of rocks for the effort you put in. Bearger + a petrified forest might be faster, but that requires you to go around your world and pickup the resulting rocks+flint+nitre Bearger produces. Stone fruit can still be harvested and farmed using without going outside of the base.

29 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Infinity light is a megabase thingy you might as well call skins and waxed mega veggies useful. 

People have still asked about it for years, though. Just because a specific aspect of the game got a feature they have been requesting that you might not enjoy does not make said implemented feature completely redundant.

29 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I don't really get why people even make salt box if ice box works just fine. If you have so mutch food that it spoils in icebox - then bundle it. or even better - stop farming food. 

50% vs. 75% is a massive difference, especially when it comes to food spoilage. Raw Meat put into an icebox will last 12 days, while a saltbox will bring the time up to a respectable 24 days. For someone who doesn’t like using bundles too often, it’s a massive aid to be able to hold raw foods for a considerably longer amount of time before they go bad compared to an ice box.

32 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Bullkelp? You guys make drying racks? The fact that it dries faster dosen't really help since you always do multitasking while "waiting" for stuff to dry. The only thing that matters is that you have to manually prepare and harvest every drying rack, and kelt dosen't make it any faster than big meat. Veggies aren't that important to make a whole farm dedicated to them. Also, vegies are overrated. 

A. Why would you not make drying racks, considering it both helps to boost the spoilage time of meat and greatly improves the stats of said meat?

Bl. Dried kelp is a really good way to stay sane without a ton of effort. All it takes is a simple bull kelp farm (which realistically takes 1 lunar island trip but the trident will suffice if that’s already been looted) and some drying racks and you basically never worry about sanity for most trips. It’s very easy to make turn a stack of kelp into dried kelp without too much planning ahead, and you get a respectable 400 sanity in that stack alone that will keep fresh for 20 days, along with some decent hunger to boot. It’s my main source of sanity if I’m doing something like the ruins, where having a stable source of sanity that can last awhile is a nice thing to have.

40 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

And as for enlightenment crown... God, this item is revolting. Who designed it?

A light source that dosen't provide light

The only reasonable example I can think where this is a serious problem of is if you are playing Wes or Webber (75 or 100 sanity does not play well when the crown needs to be above 85% to work). Every other character has more then enough leeway with the crown turning off. And if it does turn off, you can always carry a backup light source with you while you recover sanity passively or eat sanity foods for the crown to turn back on.

42 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

A sanity item that drains sanity

Unless you are smacking something in the face every 37 seconds or are camping by nightmare lights for some reason, the +10 sanity per minute the crown offers is almost always going to counteract the active sanity drains upon it. 

45 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

A damage multiplier you get by defeating the final boss 

It’s not just a damage multiplier, it’s a flat damage addition. Wes with a fishing rod summoning gestalts is identical to a 6X damage wolfgang with a dark sword summoning gestalts in terms of their damage. Because of this, some characters/items get serious damage boosts from that item alone.

You do need to kill the “final” boss to get it, but it’s still a nice boon for lategame players as it can greatly help your damage output. It makes certain fights progress a lot faster (damaged clockworks in the ruins can be killed in 9 hits with the crown on, for instance), and helps you save on weaponry at the cost of sanity foods, which is a fair tradeoff.

49 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

You have to use another light source and another sanity source to utilize this hat and at that point this item is a third wheel. 

You will likely need another light source, but that’s never a bad thing. I kept both a lantern and miner hat around constantly as both have their own pros and cons and you might need one or the other if the situation calls for it. Sanity food is pretty moot as I only really needed it when doing the ruins, as the drain lost by attacking monsters with the crown basically reversed itself unless I was fighting a raid boss (and, well, you can just unequip the crown for something else if you are doing that).

24 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

Stone fruit is still really good for the amount of effort it takes to get it. 1 trip to the island can net you ~20 bushes, which is 60 potential fruits per harvesting cycle (and likely more once you get sprouting stone fruits from them). Said fruits never go bad unless you mine them, which means they don’t require bundles (and even if you have them, they are not required), and still are a pretty good source of rocks for the effort you put in. Bearger + a petrified forest might be faster, but that requires you to go around your world and pickup the resulting rocks+flint+nitre Bearger produces. Stone fruit can still be harvested and farmed using without going outside of the base.

People have still asked about it for years, though. Just because a specific aspect of the game got a feature they have been requesting that you might not enjoy does not make said implemented feature completely redundant.

50% vs. 75% is a massive difference, especially when it comes to food spoilage. Raw Meat put into an icebox will last 12 days, while a saltbox will bring the time up to a respectable 24 days. For someone who doesn’t like using bundles too often, it’s a massive aid to be able to hold raw foods for a considerably longer amount of time before they go bad compared to an ice box.

A. Why would you not make drying racks, considering it both helps to boost the spoilage time of meat and greatly improves the stats of said meat?

Bl. Dried kelp is a really good way to stay sane without a ton of effort. All it takes is a simple bull kelp farm (which realistically takes 1 lunar island trip but the trident will suffice if that’s already been looted) and some drying racks and you basically never worry about sanity for most trips. It’s very easy to make turn a stack of kelp into dried kelp without too much planning ahead, and you get a respectable 400 sanity in that stack alone that will keep fresh for 20 days, along with some decent hunger to boot. It’s my main source of sanity if I’m doing something like the ruins, where having a stable source of sanity that can last awhile is a nice thing to have.

The only reasonable example I can think where this is a serious problem of is if you are playing Wes or Webber (75 or 100 sanity does not play well when the crown needs to be above 85% to work). Every other character has more then enough leeway with the crown turning off. And if it does turn off, you can always carry a backup light source with you while you recover sanity passively or eat sanity foods for the crown to turn back on.

Unless you are smacking something in the face every 37 seconds or are camping by nightmare lights for some reason, the +10 sanity per minute the crown offers is almost always going to counteract the active sanity drains upon it. 

It’s not just a damage multiplier, it’s a flat damage addition. Wes with a fishing rod summoning gestalts is identical to a 6X damage wolfgang with a dark sword summoning gestalts in terms of their damage. Because of this, some characters/items get serious damage boosts from that item alone.

You do need to kill the “final” boss to get it, but it’s still a nice boon for lategame players as it can greatly help your damage output. It makes certain fights progress a lot faster (damaged clockworks in the ruins can be killed in 9 hits with the crown on, for instance), and helps you save on weaponry at the cost of sanity foods, which is a fair tradeoff.

You will likely need another light source, but that’s never a bad thing. I kept both a lantern and miner hat around constantly as both have their own pros and cons and you might need one or the other if the situation calls for it. Sanity food is pretty moot as I only really needed it when doing the ruins, as the drain lost by attacking monsters with the crown basically reversed itself unless I was fighting a raid boss (and, well, you can just unequip the crown for something else if you are doing that).

I'll have to disagree but thanks for replying regardless. Always nice to see other people's perspectives on things 

9 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

I'll have to disagree but thanks for replying regardless. Always nice to see other people's perspectives on things 

"thank you for wasting like 15 minutes of your time to reply with your own perspective..... I completely disagree" heh most people are pretty stubborn when it comes to their opinions(btw I'm not insulting you Gi-Go, I'm just mocking the way anyone can just say "I agree to disagree" and then stop the conversation)

as for the topic, I use tackle boxes, they're good for fishing and farming and I like them, but everyone has already said that. the question I have is what item do you want a skin for? another hambat skin perhaps? or maybe another alchemy engine skin?

they added a skin for tackle boxes and now people that use tackle boxes are happy so why would we not want tackle box skins?

My personal opinion is that Klei shouldn’t make too many skins for lesser used, least common items.. not many people would buy this skin because only a small group of individuals would know how to use this skin.

Case in point: I bought the Hallowed Nights belongings set last year- And I STILL can’t kill Dragonfly to get the Adorable larvae egg needed to craft the vampire broodling pet.

Why such a literally meaningless thing was tied behind having to kill a boss with a small CHANCE it will drop the items needed to craft I will NEVER know..

However- things like the new Beach Tent skin and Lighthouse skin these are the COMMON Items I am referring to- Everyone SHOULD be crafting & crafting often.

Items people craft OFTEN should take top priority over things few people even know exist at all.

Yesterday was my first time being inside of a Moon Storm & I only experienced that because I choose to join someone’s world and clean sweep their base with the skins I owned..

The tackle boxes aren’t TOO obscure all you need to do is 

Spoiler

Find Pearl and get her to like you enough to give you the crafting recipes.

However: And again back to my point- Few people are going to actually know how to DO this & instead spend way more time crafting Head garlands & top hats to manage their Sanity.

I honestly feel like if you DON’T come to these forums (and more importantly read the patch notes..) there is a TON of Content and Craftables that people simply won’t EVER even know exist.

Building a Boat & putting a mast on it is easy, killing several bosses gathering some items- Activating an event all in the name of using that cool new skin for the Astro-Goggles is NOT.

TL:DR- More skins for commonly used items, less for obscured ones please!

16 hours ago, viberr said:

"thank you for wasting like 15 minutes of your time to reply with your own perspective..... I completely disagree" heh most people are pretty stubborn when it comes to their opinions(btw I'm not insulting you Gi-Go, I'm just mocking the way anyone can just say "I agree to disagree" and then stop the conversation)

as for the topic, I use tackle boxes, they're good for fishing and farming and I like them, but everyone has already said that. the question I have is what item do you want a skin for? another hambat skin perhaps? or maybe another alchemy engine skin?

they added a skin for tackle boxes and now people that use tackle boxes are happy so why would we not want tackle box skins?

There are lots of items that could use skins. I think the Tackle Box is useless as well, but I would never say no to new skins period.

That being said there are plenty of items that could use skins.

Morning Star

Tentacle Spike

Magiluminessence

The Golden gardening hoe

The Oars

Waterfowl can

Wormwoods bramble armor(perhaps a matching variant for each of his skins?)

Wormwoods tooth traps

Pitchfork

Note that while you might consider the invisible mime skins to be ''skins'' I don't think it's fair to include them, as they completely erase the item from view at all. While a cool gimmick, I would personally not consider that a skin. It doesn't make much sense to me that the Homespinner skins(which look absolutely beautiful) do not work on the golden hoe and waterfowl can.

On top of this, there are some items with only a single skin that are strongly overdue for another skin like:

Regular campfires

Bernie and Willows Lighter

Tooth Traps

Thulecite club and crown

Again while I don't think it's a problem that the tackle box skins were released, I think there are far better items to give possible skins to atm, some of them are even very recent items that were completely neglected on their relevant updates.

Also, agreeing to disagree is a mature way of ending an argument that 2 people know they're not going to convince the other party to change. Sometimes issue are more nuanced than there being a right answer and knowing when you can't budge that and disengaging in a civil matter is the right thing to do.

6 hours ago, cropo said:

well... I agree to disagree then 

but i do agree slightly with your opinion but in the end, it's subjective what items need skins and what items do not. while you might have listed all those items that you want to have a skin, someone might completely disagree with your list and bring an entire list of their own(some maybe even saying they want MORE tackle box skins) 

6 hours ago, cropo said:

Also, agreeing to disagree is a mature way of ending an argument that 2 people know they're not going to convince the other party to change. Sometimes issue are more nuanced than there being a right answer and knowing when you can't budge that and disengaging in a civil matter is the right thing to do.

yeah, i know, it's not like i was making fun of people who do agree to disagree, i just found it funny that a person could have wasted a while making a reply with their full opinion and another person basically says nothing but "agree to disagree"

Archived