A Breath of Fresh Air Update - Available Now! - 471618

2 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

I don't mind the change but I'm sure a lot of people will lose bases when all their food they've been storing for years spoils.

Only if they're running at a deficit from a large reserve. If they're still producing food then they're probably still overproducing food. People will just panic when they realize their cookie clicker minigame of making number big is over.

Edited by n_t_p
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Very cool... But does this mean the curse of food spoiling has been passed on to the base game?

yes, i lost the 9 mil food, that protsess is soo fast that i was not even able build the storage's to new location

Edited by gabberworld

There's no reason to have 13m calories of reserve food. Yes it's going to spoil and no it won't matter for any base unless the player shut down food production 

Nobody would do that... Right?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, n_t_p said:

There's no reason to have 13m calories of reserve food. Yes it's going to spoil and no it won't matter for any base unless the player shut down food production 

Nobody would do that... Right?

that food was for back up that dupes not need cook al the time

1 hour ago, 0xFADE said:

I don't mind the change but I'm sure a lot of people will lose bases when all their food they've been storing for years spoils.

Unless there were prepared. (Haven't downloaded the update yet, as you can see from the version number, but knowing this was coming, I made sure my food was stored at very low temp. And the air temp nearby (I need to get rid of the CO2) is nice and comfortable.)

image.thumb.png.dbd789e5eed4eb69b4ac3836176ab673.png

image.thumb.png.67e913b27881a404d0929bee1b654fe0.png

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

New traits, including traits that grant skills to Duplicants right out of the printing pod

Hi, Ipsquiggle, do you know that with this update base game inherited such kind of duplicant's interest as 'Rocketry' - but there is no 'Rocketry' skill group in base game. So it's a sort of "wasted" hearts :)

46 minutes ago, Joe Mucchiello said:

image.thumb.png.67e913b27881a404d0929bee1b654fe0.png

This will still rot. Liquid chlorine is considered "normal atmosphere" not sterile

If I remember correctly, rockets would give out a green signal even if path was blocked by doors but they wouldn't launch until path was cleared. Now the give red even though the checklist is complete, if the path is blocked (there is no check box for that). Did I miss an update or did this changed on the mergedown?

image.thumb.png.86bc9c537dfb3e1206f965c6842d8482.png

• Wavey 1

3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

yeah. with this update base game food is total screwed for everyone, who still used this gas method, need  move they food to cold area

Make a chlorine or hydrogen with -18 degree, waterlocked room with auto sweep drop food by the stairs, dups will pick up food two tiles away and not be in contact with gases

2 minutes ago, LZ96 said:

Make a chlorine or hydrogen with -18 degree, waterlocked room with auto sweep drop food by the stairs, dups will pick up food two tiles away and not be in contact with gases

at that time when i manage todo that, food is already rotten, anyway yeah i to need change now, i probaply should todo that sooner as i knew that it comes to base game

anyway i fonder when we have deep freeze fridge at game like i have in home

11 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Still think there should be a microwave or something to unfreeze deep frozen food before it gets eaten.

Microwave, Infrared, UV light and such would be great, perhaps someday we can have multiple types of radiation :cool-new:

image.thumb.png.4dc6b6bdbd36aefb40dd5751defca025.png UV light dupe party ( dark mode )

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

If I remember correctly, rockets would give out a green signal even if path was blocked by doors but they wouldn't launch until path was cleared. Now the give red even though the checklist is complete, if the path is blocked (there is no check box for that). Did I miss an update or did this changed on the mergedown?

image.thumb.png.86bc9c537dfb3e1206f965c6842d8482.png

this bug i reported week ago, but i guess they have other stuff todo as well, soo cant fix all them at same time