A Breath of Fresh Air Update - Available Now! - 471618

Honestly guys, yeah, they messed up a bit with too soon update of main game but obviously they will work now on fixing performance issues. They even mentioned that in the update. Give them a brake and wait a little until everything gets stabilized. It's a small studio, complain more and the game won't receive any more updates, will become dead. I'm really happy with the updates and really happy with the DLC which is like another hundreds of hours for only 15 EUR. Best DEAL ever. I understand the frustration but with such small teams you either have updates that will take time to stabilize with some issues from time to time or no updates at all. Cheers.

Edited by arvenil
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

The resource list in my current game scrolls off the screen (PC, original only). Any way to manipulate it is not accessible on my screen, I can only toggle it to show nothing or everything.

Started a new game to see how it is supposed to work, and the  "clear new" button is there and I can get the list to choose what to see. But this is not available on my old game (at 107 cycles I had a lot of stuff in inventory) because it is off-screen.

the tundra asteroid went from 3-5 iron volcanoes to 2-4 iron volcanoes.  usually i see 2 iron volcanoes

the classic terra vs classic forest, forest doesn't get 2 open slush geysers on the second asteroid like terra.  probably because there are no frozen biomes there

here's to hoping for more asteroid types and traits coming back.  i like the new regolith asteroid, i hope you guys add some variations to the asteroids like a frozen marshy or hot irradiated or slime balls in a random asteroid.  and of course some tougher maps, the 3 SO maps are all fairly straight forward and easy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kytelae said:

I can only toggle it to show nothing or everything.

You can either click on a "new" text and open the resources menu to select-unselect resources one by one to make the long list disappear or set UI to 75% (if you use a normal/big monitor) to be able to see the bottom of the list to click the "clear new" button. Or ... there could be a bug fix for this in a couple of days..?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

You can either click on a "new" text and open the resources menu to select-unselect resources one by one to make the long list disappear or set UI to 75% (if you use a normal/big monitor) to be able to see the bottom of the list to click the "clear new" button. Or ... there could be a bug fix for this in a couple of days..?

Keeping the clear new tag available when the list is closed would solve it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

You do realize that the water lock will freeze up to solid right.  Would have to use oil instead. that won't freeze. 

you do realized that there's oil, petroleum, visco-gel, super coolant and the likes right? "water-lock" is not water only 

@ALCRD

It depends if base game owners will soon be able or not to play inside rockets or can play multi asteroids in the base game.

If Klei offers this to players in the base game, then currently map code may be active which sucks down the fps for base game players. Klei is working out code things.

Nothing gives as much fps boost as reducing map cell amount by, as example 25% - 75%. A true super tiny map of 64x64 tiles can run with 10000 fps, I used to test and toy around with map stuff in the beginning a lot in the editor and survival.

In your map folder is the map data sizes of whatever Klei currently or in the future will offer on the map size parts for player selectable worlds, in the dlc all the various map sizes are combined to one big mega map. Maybe Klei just needs to deactivate some stuff and your fps is back, we'll see.

The more world generation options are in the game, the better :adoration: If something else drags players fps down, I would myself always try to half my map size(s)...To have super speed fps back.

I probably will first mess with map sizes again when the dlc is out,too much is changing since half a year and my speed is still OK. Would love to break my old survival mode record of 566 real gate born and alive dupes though.

Edited by babba

24 minutes ago, babba said:

@ALCRD

It depends if base game owners will soon be able or not to play inside rockets or can play multi asteroids in the base game.

If Klei offers this to players in the base game, then currently map code may be active which sucks down the fps for base game players. Klei is working out code things.

Nothing gives as much fps boost as reducing map cell amount by, as example 25% - 75%. A true super tiny map of 64x64 tiles can run with 10000 fps, I used to test and toy around with map stuff in the beginning a lot in the editor and survival.

In your map folder is the map data sizes of whatever Klei currently or in the future will offer on the map size parts for player selectable worlds, in the dlc all the various map sizes are combined to one big mega map. Maybe Klei just needs to deactivate some stuff and your fps is back, we'll see.

The more world generation options are in the game, the better :adoration: If something else drags players fps down, I would myself always try to half my map size(s)...To have super speed fps back.

I probably will first mess with map sizes again when the dlc is out,too much is changing since half a year and my speed is still OK. Would love to break my old survival mode record of 566 real gate born and alive dupes though.

Klei said it themselves. These kind of features will be DLC exclusive and not implemented in the base game.

They even did tell us that very recently in the article that teased BOFA update.

So i highly doubt it that this will be implemented into base game.

Edited by ALCRD

So the base game without star hex map and as a kind of introduction to the game? Interesting perspective. The development path in the last half year has been interesting.

Would be interesting to hear from someone if it's now possible to play inside rockets in the base game? Really curious about it :confused: I wondered 6 months ago if Klei would keep the rocket gameplay between dlc and base game substantial different or if they create a great common,unified and shared rocket gameplay experience for all players.

Edited by babba

3 minutes ago, babba said:

Would be interesting to hear from someone if it's now possible to play inside rockets in the base game? Really curious about it :confused: I wondered 6 months ago if Klei would keep the rocket gameplay between dlc and base game substantial different or if they create a great common,unified and shared rocket gameplay experience for all players.

I think it's safe to say : No

y6qHdXW.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, babba said:

as dlc and base code runs in same dll's i think there is possibly todo mod for base game that you are able play inside rocket. its only theory tho

Thanks for the image snippet. So in the base game one perhaps can not get in to rockets, but in the dlc you can? And no cluster map option. Mhhh. So the base game as an introduction... Mhhh.

It has been often raised by players that it's two different games, at the end of the day Klei has to be happy with their work, its their party and their received user Steam reviews.

I would add these 2 things to the base game, but that's my opinion.

Could raise the problem of future dlc2 content, what will that be based on? A single world or a possible cluster world? Curious about what Klei will nowadays and in the future will do, need to switch my time machine on.

Edited by babba

Cycle 80 performance update on the Xeon E5.  I haven't done much except dig out a reasonable space to wall off before I start up suits, basic farming, water consolidation, bathrooms, the pre-space research tree, and some sweeping.  Nothing complicated going on yet at all.  Seven dupes.

I'm still getting 30 FPS paused, 25 FPS unpaused at full speed, and maybe 18 FPS if I'm scrolling the screen with WASD.  It still feels pretty playable at this point, though I still would have been getting a solid 60 FPS pre-update.  I'll update again once the power grid, electrolyzers, and cooling loop are in full swing.  That's where I suspect my FPS is going to start tanking hard.

oni_update_cycle80-fs8.png

• Thanks 1

After i switched to the "previous version" beta that was just added as a option my smooth 50-60 fps framerate is back on my current colony.

Tho i had a hiccup with my colony saying that i need Spaced Out dlc to play but it was due to one specific autosave that was made after BOFA and it locked me out from even loading saves prior to that update from same colony folder (deleted it and it works fine now)

I can play my colony again in this beta "previous" version.

Try it if you have bad performance on current version.

Be mindful tho this is before BOFA update so that means no new features from that update ofc.

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

After i switched to the "previous version" beta that was just added as a option my smooth 50-60 fps framerate is back on my current colony.

Tho i had a hiccup with my colony saying that i need Spaced Out dlc to play but it was due to one specific autosave that was made after BOFA and it locked me out from even loading saves prior to that update from same colony folder (deleted it and it works fine now)

I can play my colony again in this beta "previous" version.

Try it if you have bad performance on current version.

Be mindful tho this is before BOFA update so that means no new features from that update ofc.

That's excellent news!  I hadn't seen the option yet.  Now that I'm already 80 cycles into a new base, I think I'm going to keep toying with it to see when performance really tanks below 25 to 30 FPS.  Thanks for the update!

• Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, SVV said:

But I play on Windows. And have background problems in forest biome too.

1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

yes it started with this update for me as well in windows, i not remember  atm what was at my map before that

The lighting bug affects us all, the temporal tear acts up and sends weird wavelengths... 'Tis an omen!

• Haha 1
  • Wavey 1

5 hours ago, JRup said:

The lighting bug affects us all, the temporal tear acts up and sends weird wavelengths... 'Tis an omen!

Its the mighty signals from the FPS god, thunder and lightning will soon strike in every map! :frog::lol: