A Breath of Fresh Air Update - Available Now! - 471618

8 hours ago, LZ96 said:

you do realized that there's oil, petroleum, visco-gel, super coolant and the likes right? "water-lock" is not water only 

my bad.  my first reaction to "water"-lock  = water use and from knowing it will freeze as i have made mistake myself before.

the correct term would be  "liquid"-lock   but i get what you're saying as your idea is a good the solution to the problem as  i was thinking of the same thing myself for a deep cold storage box room.

2 hours ago, Kermack said:

Are the starting biomes really tiny after this patch?  Seems like it...

Not sure about SO! but in base game it felt same as before.

Then again i only did like 3 test worlds after BOFA for troubleshooting.

Heck in my main world before BOFA my cold biomes are really tiny so i guess worldgen RNG?

Edited by ALCRD

5 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Not sure about SO! but in base game it felt same as before.

Then again i only did like 3 test worlds after BOFA for troubleshooting.

Heck in my main world before BOFA my cold biomes are really tiny so i guess worldgen RNG?

Someone wrote about smaller maps now ( on last update )...it could be to get the fps back up, to get the game run faster - Klei staff follows and reads the forum well :p

Haven`t played ONI for a while, will boot my big mega map for a nice afternoon :distracted:

Edited by babba

2 minutes ago, babba said:

If the world are smaller now it could be to get the fps back up, to get the game run faster - Klei staff follows and reads the forum well :p

Well biome sizes and world sizes are different things.

You can have a regular sized big world with lots of tiny biomes (biomes are shrunken down not the overall map and its borders) and that won't affect anything other than material availability.

Badlands are kinda sort of like that.

Edited by ALCRD

3 minutes ago, babba said:

Are you happy with your game speed now ? Your playing an older version right ? :p

Not relevant to what we are currently discussing.

But yes i am happy.

Edited by ALCRD

4 minutes ago, babba said:

For me game speed is relevant, glad your happy :p

Except we werent talking about about game speed but difference between biome size and world size since you are confusing the two.

For example a 128x128 map with few large biomes is the same as 128x128 map with lots of small biomes.

This has no impact on game speed or else i would have different FPS on different Worldgens which was never the case.

Edited by ALCRD

The biomes have their own individual configuration files and tile size settings, one can lookup the configuration files in the save game folder and they can have a effect on the total tile amount of a generated map, which is then played by the person.

At the end of the day the true total amount of tiles one is playing on a computer counts. If one knows that hes playing 128x128, then that is what is then calculated, yeah. :cool-new:

Mega base time for me now, wishing a nice weekend :ghost:

Edited by babba

2 minutes ago, babba said:

The biomes have their own individual configuration files and tile size settings, one can lookup the configuration files in the save game folder and they can have a effect on the total tile amount of a generated map, which is the player by the person.

At the end of the day the true total amount of tiles one is playing on a computer counts.

Mega base time for me now, wishing a nice weekend :ghost:

Thing is 128x128 map is all filled with tiles regardless of the biome sizes and placement. It's all tiles (yes gas and liquid tiles are still "tiles")

Again if it was the case different Woldgen seeds would give me different performance. Not the case on the build before BOFA and i did some sandbox mode worlds to goof around and see how different asteroids and biomes generate.

Edited by ALCRD

9 minutes ago, babba said:

Yeah animation can pull a lot too. From experience half the amount of cells can bring double the fps - Really a shame that its not easy to modify map sizes anymore :crushed:

for me its still easy, only what i need todo is go to game folder and change there sizes

10 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Thing is 128x128 map is all filled with tiles regardless of the biome sizes and placement. It's all tiles (yes gas and liquid tiles are still "tiles")

Again if it was the case different Woldgen seeds would give me different performance. Not the case on the build before BOFA and i did some sandbox mode worlds to goof around and see how different asteroids and biomes generate.

A total of 128x128 is a nice small size for fast sped. :p What I did in the past was strongly reducing the total amount of tiles, as it has a giant effect on the game speed. Originally I played in 2048x2048, many years ago - But Klei constantly broke save game over time, so I had to start fresh several times and then changed to default maps.

Maybe I someday get in to the new map config stuff again, its just too much changing on Klei`s side.

6 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

for me its still easy, only what i need todo is go to game folder and change there sizes

So I can just half the size values in each file and it will run without screwing up the biomes ? That would be great...If it also reduces the total map size ( dlc is my preferred play ) ? If I someday have FPS problems and want to start a fresh map, I will consider it my friend. If you got some more map size info, keep it coming :distracted:

Edited by babba

A lot of player built tiles and mechanisms does affect the game speed and so is destroying them with destro brush.

However untouched map at the begining explored with exploration brush on various worldgens and asteroids which have different biome sizes.

Had no effect on my game speed. Just saying from the experience on the most recent "Automation Innovation" game build before the big merge. 

But hey i guess that varies from system to system seeing how some people with i7 have game speed problems in BOFA and some (like you) don't ... Unless that is there is something you are not telling me ;)

Edited by ALCRD

11 minutes ago, babba said:

A total of 128x128 is a nice small size for fast sped. :p What I did in the past was strongly reducing the total amount of tiles, as it has a giant effect on the game speed. Originally I played in 2048x2048, many years ago - But Klei constantly broke save game over time, so I had to start fresh several times and then changed to default maps.

Maybe I someday get in to the new map config stuff again, its just too much changing on Klei`s side.

So I can just half the size values in each file and it will run without screwing up the biomes ? That would be great...If it also reduces the total map size ( dlc is my preferred play ) ? If I someday have FPS problems and want to start a fresh map, I will consider it my friend. If you got some more map size info, keep it coming :distracted:

there is a mod called MiniBaseDLC, it not have dll , soo it should work most off dlc, you may want try that out, idea is kind off taked from MiniBase self

Edited by gabberworld
  • Thanks 1

What I find a real fps struggle is...The bigger a played map size, the faster far out zooming out will pull the fps to the floor. In the DLC all asteroids are in one big map, where each asteroid has a dedicated zone  - The player only sees a specific zone. This big mega map causes a lot of fps complaints by players.

Would be cool if they leave the base game map stuff really as one defined total size, with nothing else around it. Don`t know what Klei is pushing on updates in that regard tough, I normally never switch to the base game to see whats happening there.

24 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

there is a mod called MiniBaseDLC, it not have dll , soo it should work most off dlc, you may want try that out, idea is kind off taked from MiniBase self

Hey, thanks man :excitement: When I get back in to changing map sizes after full dlc launch I will really check it out - Much appreciated :p

I don`t use mods to avoid various problems, none the less any information on what peoples are doing with map sizes is great and welcome.

Reddit link about it

Edited by babba

I think Spaced out started having performance problems since radiation was added and became even worse after some "bottles can phase change" changes (maybe unconnected but in that time period). This update made things playable again but there is still a gap to match base game performance. My fps (now that I found out how to see it) is around 15-30 but I don't see much lag. When I experience lag it usually dropped to 1-5...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, babba said:

I don`t use mods to avoid various problems, non the less any information on what peoples are doing with map sizes is great and welcome.

as this mod not use dll it not really should cause issues. just saying .

Edited by gabberworld
  • Thanks 1

can in the next update in basis game and space out,outputs for gases en liquids for the buildings be providid. exampel elektrolyse for direct distrubution for oxigen en hydrogen or for natural gas generator. there is a input for the gas but no output for the liquid ditribution.

the mods are no updates, and no longer works anymore in the game ,and can this become a base in the game output For the buildings

greetings

14 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I think Spaced out started having performance problems since radiation was added and became even worse after some "bottles can phase change" changes (maybe unconnected but in that time period). This update made things playable again but there is still a gap to match base game performance. My fps (now that I found out how to see it) is around 15-30 but I don't see much lag. When I experience lag it usually dropped to 1-5...

Any sakura_sk post is a good post, thanks for sharing your experience. :encouragement: We should play ONI multiplayer someday - I define the map size :lol: Need Plutonium, so thirsty..

If you like, load my last save :lol: ...Seems it was saved with a total colony blackout.

Perhaps share you file if your in the mood @sakura_sk, would be cool to see your lovely colony ( and rocket! ) decorations :rolleyes:

fresh.sav

Edited by babba

I had a few minutes look in in to the yaml files, all the asteroid sizes for the dlc can be simple edited. The base game now uses the same structures as the dlc, I yet could not find the file where I configure the terra size in the latest base game update ? :confused: If someone knows, a hint would be great :cower:

@sakura_sk If you are interested you could change the asteroid sizes to half the size, if the asteroids/biomes/geysers/vol. are generated without errors and screw ups this should give you a mega fps boost.

So 128x192 for that example asteroids, and 50% value sizes for all the other asteroids. Or one could double all the asteroid values up, if one wants to play bigger defaults. Just remember that doubling each one up will result in a much bigger total map.

Example:

image.png.4fca9c0669865168e16555ac564d09a5.pngimage.thumb.png.00a3c523a6743147e621ce596e110881.png

P.S. Have not tried what the result of this is and how the end result looks in the game ( or if  it causes problems )...Changing the size value in the old base game used to work great back then.

Edited by babba