A Breath of Fresh Air Update - Available Now! - 471618

4 hours ago, gabberworld said:

this kind stuff may also happen because off poorly coded mod, soo question is to you have any mod?

No mods. Forgot to specify, this is in Spaced Out. No large number of critters, no jet packs, no long pathing. Exact same colony as pre-patch, getting about half the frame rate or less.

1 hour ago, QuantumPion said:

No mods. Forgot to specify, this is in Spaced Out. No large number of critters, no jet packs, no long pathing. Exact same colony as pre-patch, getting about half the frame rate or less.

as you talk now space out then there is one bug with radbolts

1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

as you talk now space out then there is one bug with radbolts

No, this has nothing to do with radbolts. And I think they fixed that. That problem caused the game to stutter to 1 fps while radbolts were in flight. This is ~20 fps constantly.

12 hours ago, QuantumPion said:

No, this has nothing to do with radbolts. And I think they fixed that. That problem caused the game to stutter to 1 fps while radbolts were in flight. This is ~20 fps constantly.

Yea it's not related to mods or radbolts and it affects base game aswell (without even owning the DLC). Started happening after the BOFA update.

Me and quite few people have big difference in performance when comparing previous version / rollback beta to the game after BOFA update.

Edited by ALCRD

2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

when you disable vsync does your fps increase?

There is no possible way to disable vsync in ONI

Forced Vsync off in gpu panel settings has no effect either. (AMD)

Edited by ALCRD

8 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

How to install this? I never used loose mods (or any mods) for ONI

unback that to the Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\local\ folder

after that you can enable or disable that in game Mods setting

Edited by gabberworld

33 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

unback that to the Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\local\ folder

after that you can enable or disable that in game Mods setting

Did some testing with your mod and i have really weird results.

Apparently i had Vsync disabled in this game just didn't noticed:

When playing with Aero extensions disabled game exibits slight screen tearing when moving the camera same thing happens with your mod enabled. (and Aero extensions on)

However your mod additionally gives me like 5-8 more frames per second in normal speed for some reason. (Fast speeds are still trash in BOFA) The difference is noticable have you changed anything else except Vsync disabling?

5-8 more frames in slowest speed where i usually had best fps before BOFA is not much but a big step up.

Or maybe i am going insane

Edited by ALCRD

9 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

However your mod additionally gives me like 5-8 more frames per second in normal speed for some reason. (Fast speeds are still trash in BOFA) The difference is noticable have you changed anything else except Vsync disabling?

i to added those

Application.targetFrameRate = -1;
            QualitySettings.vSyncCount = 0;

1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

i to added those

Application.targetFrameRate = -1;
            QualitySettings.vSyncCount = 0;

Hmmm so maybe Vsync is borked in the game and its active when it has no effect on the tearing with Aero disabled and it causes slight performance loss on top of the already poor performance in BOFA.

Edited by ALCRD

39 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Hmmm so maybe Vsync is borked in the game and its active when it has no effect on the tearing with Aero disable and it causes slight performance loss on top of the already tragic performance in BOFA.

i could also try other settings, what 2d game not needs

i looked difference between my settings and game settings

they have QualitySettings.vSyncCount = 1

and Application.targetFrameRate is same like i changed

soo maybe QualitySettings.vSyncCount gives for you some fps boost what i changed

Edited by gabberworld

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to sort the pinned resources by type rather than by alphabet?  I am not against the new pinned model per se but I tracked a lot of resources in my pre-Breath gameplay and I am continuing that habit by pinning many resources in post-Breath.  Not being able to compare like-type resources side by side because their names start with different letters is a royal pain.  Please tell me the solution is as simple as some game option I have yet to discover. 
And before anyone says it, no, clicking the new See All yellow text and needing to pause my game while I scroll through a huge screen-obscuring opaque overlay window is not what I call a solution. 

15 minutes ago, Inter said:

sort the pinned resources by type rather than by alphabet

I was hoping for a bit of the former with a dash of the latter.

I love the fact that the resource menu can now be shortened but a flat alphabetic list without categories at all is just forcing me not to use it in an effective manner. The mental context switch from edibles to minerals can be done, for example, but jeez...