What is the most efficient source of hunger ?

Farming: You can get an unlimited amount of health, hunger and sanity by simply farming crops. All it takes is a few hoes, water, and a bit of time sitting at your base to keep talking to your plant or keeping your Friendly Fruit Fly active. If you hammer your crops as late as possible and combine it with a Salt Box, it will also take almost an ingame year for your crops to turn into rot.

Just now, Hornete said:

Honey is my go-to food late-game, it's easily mass producable, lasts a while, and is a good source of hunger and even health(It's only 3 health per, but that 3 health builds up in my experiences)

c_announce(c_countprefabs("beehive"))

I know this is not what you asked for, but if you are struggling with food, just use Wendy. Abigail is a food machine, would will get tons of butterfly wings while you are idle at base, honey if you trough a bee field, frog legs, morsel aswell if she bumps into a rabbit and an insane amount of monster meat if u find a spider infestation... An Abigail can easily feed 3 characters with no issues, no extra work needed, just run around the world.

For early game a hunt will keep u going for 7 to 13 days depending how u cook it

For late game I agree with those dudes, a honey farm will keep everyone fed. 

38 minutes ago, Waynel said:

What is the most efficient source of hunger in dst ?

Wonder no more, dear reader, for I present you with best source of hunger in the game:

Rot.png.c78db45c82a92a51f17407a9b036843d.png

Eating this tasty beauty en-gross will give you starving hunger in record time, -10 with each gulp - not mentioning an additional -1 hp (to non-Wormwood characters) for certain despair and death no Wilson-main should start game without.

As for best food source, plot-farming and/or Bee farms. Starve thrifty!

Honey lasts a very long time and once you have the bee boxes set up doesn't take long to harvest, but it gives little health and it isn't the best for sanity either. Supplementing it with other things like jellybeans & a tam o'shanter isn't a bad idea.

RWYS farms can provide huge amounts of hunger, health, and sanity, but require a little knowledge on how they work.

Pig and/or goat farms provide a lot of meat, which can be used for various recipes like bacon & eggs or meaty stew, and/or dried into jerky.

Good arguments can be made for any one of those three food sources to be the best food source.

Cooked_Moon_Shroom.png.89c332c20e7021a8b7a2682e5a59e958.png

If you're playing solo, that's your best bet in early game if your first sinkhole leads to the blue mushroom forest. But if you were lucky enough to find the correct toad spawner you can acquire rot pretty quickly.

You should obviously favor the last method if it's co-op, as you can get a huge amount of hunger food in the form of rot, from the hundreds of bulbs you would have collected from the muddy biome.

As far as late game, it is indisputable that the steady stream of rot comes out on top.

rot.png.96d0fa604f3d1139f5df1fc4f5363714.png

2 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Wonder no more, dear reader, for I present you with best source of hunger in the game:

Rot.png.c78db45c82a92a51f17407a9b036843d.png

Eating this tasty beauty en-gross will give you starving hunger in record time, -10 with each gulp - not mentioning an additional -1 hp (to non-Wormwood characters) for certain despair and death no Wilson-main should start game without.

As for best food source, plot-farming and/or Bee farms. Starve thrifty!

Rot is wormwood approved but for some reason noone listens to him when he says rub it don't eat it.

pig and volt goat farms can be set up very quickly and produce tons of big meat year round with no real upkeep for meaty stew and honey ham

bee boxes produce a ton of food that doesn't need to be bundled but honey doesn't stack very well and the amount of hives in your world is very rng dependent, I once got 5 lol

rwys farms are slightly worse than meat farms for a single player but scale much better for multiple players and give you the option to produce very high quality food in the form of dragonpies, they're my go to in endless servers since there's always someone farming 24/7

ideally your best option is to use all three because why not

Early game has got to be butterflies.  Triply so for Wortox characters for teleporting, food, and not using souls for heals since they'll cover the scratches.

They're generally all over the place and free for the taking when you're running about exploring the map.  A second here and there to go thwack and move on to maintain hunger and health.

You can then move onto farming when you find a suitable base spot, which is explosively exponential in return for time invested.

3 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

but what is the most in effective source of food?

You mean as inefficient source of food? Probably the ocean.
I mean it generates a lot of food, but our current sea fishing system, compared to mostly any other method, would seem as very slow and inefficient. Unless of course, you live permanently at the ocean and you have no other option. But that doesn't make it more efficient, just forced.
You'd still do better going on land, and bundling whatever produced your meat/honey/veggie farm.

Archived