[Game Update] - 470262

• Developer

Changes

• This year’s Midsummer Cawnival has come to an end. It can be enabled at any time in the world settings.
  • Dangling Depth Dwellers now have HD art.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug causing the game to crash when picking up certain spiders.
  • Spiders no longer return to destroyed dens
  • Spider Eggs no longer display decorations while placing them.
  • Fixed a save/load bug with followers.
  • Fixed a bug causing fire protection devices(Ice Flingomatic, Waterballoon, Ice Staff, ect) to not prevent burnable things from immediately catching back on fire.

View full update

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad Dupe 4

5 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Oh... was there any indication that the Midsummer Cawnival was about to end?

It was meant to end last week, we got a little extended duration it seems with the Webber rework.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

thank you so much it was about time 

I think its funny how, across different Discords and this forum, the first reaction I see to "Cawnival is over" is "OH THANK GOD".

Not a good event at all...

• Like 13
  • Wavey 1
  • Sad Dupe 4

Well if the Cawnival is over, I would like to say it's been my absolute favorite event so far! I've been here since the very first run of the seasonal events in ANR, and the Cawnival absolutely knocked things out of the park in a way that I don't think any of the previous ones ever have!! The previous events tended to reward you with more stuff for doing the exact same tasks, leading to the feeling that you're missing out on things if you, say, pick tumbleweeds outside of Hallowed Nights, or fight bosses outside of Winter's Feast. But the Cawnival being 100% unique content means it never felt like that at all! I love engaging with new content to get new rewards, and I hope this is how y'all design events going forward <3

• Like 21
  • Shopcat 5
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

10 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

I think its funny how, across different Discords and this forum, the first reaction I see to "Cawnival is over" is "OH THANK GOD".

Why bad? All seasonal events are good for me. For me the problem is non-stop updates because I constantly make new world.  Personally I look forward  when all the characters will be updated and finally I can play in the one world and possibly events like forge come back. In any case, it is free and provides some kind of variety and good mood. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Did people not like the event? It was probably one of the least intrusive events I've seen in the game so far

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Pinyaps said:

Did people not like the event? It was probably one of the least intrusive events I've seen in the game so far

It mostly felt like an event for the sake of an event.

New humanoid species with no real lore. Take Gorge's goats as an opposite side of the spectrum.

Advertised as a summer event yet had little to no effect on summer.

And... well it was a seasonal event. It quickly got tedious.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

It mostly felt like an event for the sake of an event.

New humanoid species with no real lore. Take Gorge's goats as an opposite side of the spectrum.

Advertised as a summer event yet had little to no effect on summer.

And... well it was a seasonal event. It quickly got tedious.

It was a pretty fun event though, it had unique content even though it was only about 30 minutes worth of it but people tend to talk about it as if they HAD to do the Cawnival when you could just.. ignore Corvus Goodfeather and leave him at the postern

And I've grown to accept that Klei is pretty stingy with lore (see Hamlet) so the whole humanoid crow species thing hadn't bothered me, I just thought they were pretty neat.

And one thing: The Cawnival allowed me to drip up my Wormwood outfit even more B) (the red scarf)
image.png.64c59dcd888256e2e946d750815c9941.png

• Like 9
  • GL Happy 2

28 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Whats that quote " Play stupid games, win stupid prizes", everytime i saw Corvus i just imagined him derangingly belting that in the survivors faces.

*Insert @minespatch art here*

• Haha 5