[Game Update] - 470262

13 hours ago, Jason said:

• This year’s Midsummer Cawnival has come to an end. It can be enabled at any time in the world settings.

Ah well... at least this is my most favorite event that I'll keep active at all times. Really big thanks for all the amazing arts that were done for this year's new event, I really had plently of fun playing the minigames and getting lotsa small trees for me to decorate my base at. <3 Overall honestly besides lunar events this one was the best kind of event to me personally to actually enjoy doing stuff with. I had to farm tons of seeds with Merm King via Wurt just to satisfy myself with the amount of Cawnival festival trees pots xD

Only few things that felt missing out is on - how and why the bird spirits are in the Constant to give some bit of story telling but I hope there's some lore in the future towards that.

Either way - I'm looking forward for next year's new prizes from the prize booth :3

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

18 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

I think its funny how, across different Discords and this forum, the first reaction I see to "Cawnival is over" is "OH THANK GOD".

Not a good event at all...

More exaggerations... perhaps as always, eh. From the little I managed to experience with this event on pubs (since I had very little time for playing DST these last 2 months), it seemed quite non-intrusive: one could just ignore "The Big Crow" at gate, where it remained if not interacted with, and that would be the end of it. Considering spawn isn't a place many stay in on long runs or return to it recurrently, Corvus would be out of sight, out of mind - once more, if none would bother with getting and placing a Cawnival Sapling. As for the event itself, was fairly simple, centered around 3 mini-games akin Trade Inn ones, giving prizes useful at large for base-building (also Summer insulation/Overheating Resistance clothes, on par with Eyebrella or Floral Shirt). And, here, is understandable from your apparent pov - you dislike (with passion) anything base-building related, being a proponent of hardcore Survival akin mobs/bosses battle-arena rushes; would stand to reason why and how you disdain such events. But try to at least remain objective: this event wasn't more bothersome than the rest, au contraire - as stated, could've been totally ignored (with "minimal effort").

Related to Crow-people, I found them an interesting addition (even - or should I say - more-so in "out of the blue" manner) - from a nomad sapient mob perspective. Crows are associated with intellect, mystery, underworld; hence "out of the blue" gets more passable. And regarding Corvus' "enigma identity" one can see how a dark lore/boss could be associated with, in future. To me he gave some Stromboli/Coachman (Pinocchio) "villain" vibes - trying to sweetly coax victims with carnival attraction into his further dark plots. I do hope in following years KLei will go down this road with Corvus Goodfeather, maybe not in typically villainesque portrayal, but a more tragic one akin Max's.

Likewise Carnivals are associated with Summer, since there are many types of carnivals and what they celebrate. KLei could've chosen to tie it to Desert or Ocean themes, but, oh well, they settled on a more sylvan approach and is ok in my book. As stated: Midsummer Cawnival can be expanded upon in any direction with future updates, and I for one hope for such.

As a side-note: I really fancied the constant presence of a sentient mob similar to Hamlet Pigs, even if interactions weren't significant - made the environment feel more alive, more "commotionary" in a good way, and I very much desire the following "Through the Ages"-like updates to bring more of it to Constant's lands - an A.I. evolution (Pigs, Merms, Bunnymen, etc) similar to RTS' advances from Stone to Bronze/Medieval Age par example (post CC take-down).

On another train of thoughts, has the issue of Walls & Chester/Hutch being attacked by Bedazzled/befriended spiders been fixed?

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*typo*
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Off topic note but I love how ya are using my writing format XD hope ya at least having fun at it hah

Hmm. I haven't picked this from KLei forums, since I (usually) write like that, and for years by now. Is actually a marketing text-formatting tactic, of underlining certain key aspects and making (wall of) text be/feel less monotone.

• Sanity 2

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

More exaggerations... perhaps as always, eh. From the little I managed to experience with this event on pubs (since I had very little time for playing DST these last 2 months), it seemed quite non-intrusive: one could just ignore "The Big Crow" at gate, where it remained if not interacted with, and that would be the end of it. Considering spawn isn't a place many stay in on long runs or return to it recurrently, Corvus would be out of sight, out of mind - once more, if none would bother with getting and placing a Cawnival Sapling. As for the event itself, was fairly simple, centered around 3 mini-games akin Trade Inn ones, giving prizes useful at large for base-building (also Summer insulation/Overheating Resistance clothes, on par with Eyebrella or Floral Shirt). And, here, is understandable from your apparent pov - you dislike (with passion) anything base-building related, being a proponent of hardcore Survival akin mobs/bosses battle-arena rushes; would stand to reason why and how you disdain such events. But try to at least remain objective: this event wasn't more bothersome than the rest, au contraire - as stated, could've been totally ignored (with "minimal effort").

Related to Crow-people, I found them an interesting addition (even - or should I say - more-so in "out of the blue" manner) - from a nomad sapient mob perspective. Crows are associated with intellect, mystery, underworld; hence "out of the blue" gets more passable. And regarding Corvus' "enigma identity" one can see how a dark lore/boss could be associated with, in future. To me he gave some Stromboli/Coachman (Pinocchio) "villain" vibes - trying to sweetly coax victims with carnival attraction into his further dark plots. I do hope in following years KLei will go down this road with Corvus Goodfeather, maybe not in typically villainesque portrayal, but a more tragic one akin Max's.

Likewise Carnivals are associated with Summer, since there are many types of carnivals and what they celebrate. KLei could've chosen to tie it to Desert or Ocean themes, but, oh well, they settled on a more sylvan approach and is ok in my book. As stated: Midsummer Cawnival can be expanded upon in any direction with future updates, and I for one hope for such.

As a side-note: I really fancied the constant presence of a sentient mob similar to Hamlet Pigs, even if interactions weren't significant - made the environment feel more alive, more "commotionary" in a good way, and I very much desire the following "Through the Ages"-like updates to bring more of it to Constant's lands - an A.I. evolution (Pigs, Merms, Bunnymen, etc) similar to RTS' advances from Stone to Bronze/Medieval Age par example (post CC take-down).

On another train of thoughts, has the issue of Walls & Chester/Hutch being attacked by Bedazzled/befriended spiders been fixed?

That's a lot of words just to say "personally I like it".

I don't think that any of these events add anything of value to the game, Wimters Feast probably being the closest/best due to the Laser Deerclops.

Believe it or not, I'm not able to speak for everyone just by stating my opinion. Shocking, I know, but I don't have that kind of power.

I wish that, instead of boring mini games for boring prizes that most people seemed to get bored with really quickly, some effort would have been placed into changing the actual core gameplay, even in a small way. Or for any effort to be put into adding something for summer.

17 hours ago, Queron81 said:

The winter event also has no effect on winter.

Laser clops? Klaus drops?

Christ, even Zark forgets these changes during winters feast.

Good try, I guess?

Edited by Scrimbles
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Szczuku said:

---

19 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

---

Ya both sound one of those people that are there only to complain or troll as if there's nothing added to the game .-.

@Szczuku it really feels nitpicky on what should have lore and what shouldn't, it's kinda Klei's gimmick to either have the lore hidden or just no revealed anytime soon cuz they're damn teases for what they may be and they know that :X though it's kinda their thing and the Midsummer's Festival was a success between plenty of folk and me who play a lot of this game and there were very little complaints besides selected few.

It's more of a Yearly advertisement kinda thing where it shouldn't affect you personally and I really liked how the event went on cause it provided plenty of nice goodies for builders to get work at and plenty of summer protective powerful gear to join summer worlds or just to tolerate summers with.

Worse is to see people like @Scrimbles posting someone's post from here in their memes channel just to slander the fact that the person really liked the event. Same for their behavior as of recent being kinda similar to many people's from their discord on just hating on the RoT content and Klei or people around here in forums which really feels uncalled for and annoying when they got no basis for good arguments. Further more that just 

I'm sorry but you people just sound full of yourselves at the times that I gotta call you out or the hate between the two sides oh who likes the game one way and others who like the game the other way will just never end. It's just you particular few being haters on the game and creating silly commotions that noone asks thus bringing some of Klei team's workers down along with the posts. If you had better arguments on what you want or at least less slander along the way people would actually take you seriously. Only most maybe 14 yearolds would follow your lead.

I really don't wanna cause drama but also I don't want them to get away with their idiocy by creating toxic environments as breeding grounds for more people like the likes of [Redacted, a.k.a. Egg Rock] who only find the game good if the game is all focused about survival and hardcore experience. Cuz believe me, that ship already settled and was over when DS was a finished product.

To finish my statement I gotta say that ya'll gotta backpedal some bit cause some of you were doing noone a favor for either nitpicking on the game content or  with hating on others who may like and defend it. Have some damn GOOD counter arguments and stop wasting people's time.

26 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Laser clops? Klaus drops?

Christ, even Zark forgets these changes during winters feast.

Good try, I guess?

Laser clops was pretty nice but would make no sense to be added to all year around. Too unnatural and mechanical. Also:
Winter's feast sucks.
As to why? It's too messy and intrusive. Adds no nice decor or that many new creatures to interact with. It feels more like a nice lil holiday thing to somewhat abuse the Christmas trees just for some rare loot but overall it's just a holiday to get skins from. I just hope Klei gonna make some changes to it cuz in comparison Year of the X events felt like a welcome respite in comparison cuz you gotta do all that stuff yourself by interracting with creatures of the Constant.

There's not much to comment about Hallowed nights cuz it's simply just a funny little thing to gather lots of candies from pk, but could have been more fun if it were a door-to-door kinda thing.

• Like 9
  • Sad Dupe 1

6 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Cuz believe me, that ship already settled and was over when DS was a finished product.

Anyone who thinks that the franchise's move away from the "hardcore uNcOmPrOmIsInG survival" theme is a recent development needs to take off their rose-tinted glasses. Cause the "good ol' DS" is hilariously unbalanced and filled to the brim with legitimately overpowered items.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Anyone who thinks that the franchise's move away from the "hardcore uNcOmPrOmIsInG survival" theme is a recent development needs to take off their rose-tinted glasses. Cause the "good ol' DS" is hilariously unbalanced and filled to the brim with legitimately overpowered items.

Personally I never wanted to say that the game is not uncompromising or that it's not survival anymore, cause it's still pretty much is but the people who have those, to quote, rose colored glasses haven't moved on from that to make Uncompromising Mode to compensate for that xD
If to be honest, I don't dislike the mod and I think it has pretty damn good and fun features and I say everyone should try it out sometime but it really added back the most unnecessary singleplayer features or their own added ones for the challenge that makes one want to pull own hairs out and not play it as much unless sometimes. Speaking from experience. Oh, and prolly people will fight you over that stuff in their discord being serious or not xD

34 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Worse is to see people like @Scrimbles posting someone's post from here in their memes channel just to slander the fact that the person really liked the event.

The point was that someone was that someone was trying to argue i was wrong in a matter of opinion.

22 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Ah yes, so, because its "broken", we should just accept that, and move on, instead of trying to fix things?

6 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

The point was that someone was that someone was trying to argue i was wrong in a matter of opinion.

Ah yes, so, because its "broken", we should just accept that, and move on, instead of trying to fix things?

You weren't even stating anything in your "opinions" to improve or fix the changes... you're just slandering...

Sorry Scrimbles but you sound bitter about the game like hell.

Matter of opinion or not, it doesn't feel justified as the discord ya manage takes your lead, @Scrimbles. Cause of that there's more trolls on about to deal with. Constantly posting slanders about how the game sucks and same just coming into the forums just to mock Klei and their effort is called trolling. Get it right and back the hell down if you don't contribute and act bitter all the time about everything. Or just go play other games. Noone needs your hatred.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

By your own standards, the franchise went completely off the rails literal years ago and it has shown no intention of getting back on them. So, surely, there must be a better hobby you can take up than hanging around a franchise that's clearly a sore spot for you and making passive aggressive comments about how it has once again failed to meet your lofty standards.

Like, I get being frustrated that a thing you like is not living up to what you think its potential is, but, unfortunately for you, that ship has sailed, burned and sunk long ago. It is hilariously naive to expect that a handful of people making not-so-constructive comments on a forum is gonna convince a company to do an 180 degree turn and devote their limited manpower into overhauling a game that, in its current form, is the biggest success they've ever had.

Besides, it took them roughly 7 years to implement a decent farming system. Chances are we'll witness the heat death of the universe before Klei implements all the things you want, anyway.

TL;DR Yours is an empty hope.

Edited by QuartzBeam
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

By your own standards, the franchise went completely off the rails literal years ago and it has shown no intention of getting back on them. So, surely, there must be a better hobby you can take up than hanging around a franchise that's clearly a sore spot for you and making passive aggressive comments about how it has once again failed to meet your lofty standards.

Like, I get being frustrated that a thing you like is not living up to what you think its potential is, but, unfortunately for you, that ship has sailed, burned and sunk long ago. It is hilariously naive to expect that a handful of people making not-so-constructive comments on a forum is gonna convince a company to do an 180 degree turn and devote their limited manpower into overhauling a game that, in its current form, is the biggest success they've ever had.

Besides, it took them roughly 7 years to implement a decent farming system. Chances are we'll witness the heat death of the universe before Klei implements all the things you want, anyway.

TL;DR Yours is an empty hope.

I make Uncompromising Mode for a reason.

I'm not going to stop voicing my displeasure just because you dont think Klei will change things, or because you don't agree with what I have to say, or you dont like the jokes I made, because fortunately for me there are a lot of people that agree with me. I don't know what planet you live on if you think someone is going to stop having an opinion just because you don't like it.

You said the ship has sailed, but also pointed out the farming rework, if Klei wasn't interested in improving the core game, then why spend so much time and effort into changing something as old and outdated as farming?

3 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

You weren't even stating anything in your "opinions" to improve or fix the changes... you're just slandering...

Sorry Scrimbles but you sound bitter about the game like hell.

Matter of opinion or not, it doesn't feel justified as the discord ya manage takes your lead, @Scrimbles. Cause of that there's more trolls on about to deal with. Constantly posting slanders about how the game sucks and same just coming into the forums just to mock Klei and their effort is called trolling. Get it right and back the hell down if you don't contribute and act bitter all the time about everything. Or just go play other games. Noone needs your hatred.

You shouldn't classify a lot of peoples dislike of the current games direction as "trolling" and "hatred".

I'm passionate about how I feel about the game, the reason I'm leading Uncompromising Mode right now is because people used the classic "well if you think you can do better why don't you????" line on me after mentioning how dissatisfied I was with the game.

I made a joke about the Cawnival ending because there are people i know who agree and found my comment funny, not every comment has to be an in depth critique, and if you don't like my jokes, then thats fine? But don't act like I am not allowed to be here because you don't like me. 

Edited by Scrimbles
  • Like 5

People showing both favorably impressions and unfavorable impressions are needed by any game developer pumping out new content because a majority of any game player base does not use the forums we just need to avoid calling out people in the process both sides of arguments on here are important for devs to see for the future of the game even if it doesn't go the way we want it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

. And regarding Corvus' "enigma identity" one can see how a dark lore/boss could be associated with, in future. To me he gave some Stromboli/Coachman (Pinocchio) "villain" vibes - trying to sweetly coax victims with carnival attraction into his further dark plots.

I got more Tattooed man from Something Wicked this way comes vibes. He acted as a carnival barker in the story.

• Like 1

Just now, minespatch said:

I got more Tattooed man from Something Wicked this way comes vibes. He acted as a carnival barker in the story.

Either way as someone who enjoyed his presence I do hope he becomes more than just a event character in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mysterious box said:

Either way as someone who enjoyed his presence I do hope he becomes more than just a event character in the future.

Him, Pearl, and Curio collector. I'm glad to see Curio Collector revealing more of his personality but would really like to see what the Nox is. Pearl seems to be continuing as a character as we've seen in her cameo of the latest short.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

That's a lot of words just to say "personally I like it".

I don't think that any of these events add anything of value to the game, Wimters Feast probably being the closest/best due to the Laser Deerclops.

Believe it or not, I'm not able to speak for everyone just by stating my opinion. Shocking, I know, but I don't have that kind of power.

I wish that, instead of boring mini games for boring prizes that most people seemed to get bored with really quickly, some effort would have been placed into changing the actual core gameplay, even in a small way. Or for any effort to be put into adding something for summer.

Because is not a simple "Me Gusta" meme. I can't even say I like it, only that was ok in general. Is feedback "as good as the next person's" with which people and KLei may resonate or not. If not, c'est la vie. As opposed to you, I don't mind, don't raise a stink and, slander. In the end is free content, for years now we get stuff we don't pay a dime for (if not purchasing skins). Yes, I'll give this to the game's balance: too much went into its Sandbox aspect, and too little for the Survival facet. Maybe in future things will change a bit, with new core-game content. But, once more, a trelelel "Me Gusta" or "REEEE not unC0mpruMiZing, bleah PFTUEEY!" won't bring any debatable substance to the table.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yes, I'll give this to the game's balance: too much went into its Sandbox aspect, and too little for the Survival facet

We can only be honest but no too rough with our criticism. As long as the devs read our critcism, they'll have a idea of where we can go from here.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Because is not a simple "Me Gusta" meme. I can't even say I like it, only that was ok in general. Is feedback "as good as the next person's" with which people and KLei may resonate or not. If not, c'est la vie. As opposed to you, I don't mind, don't raise a stink and, slander. In the end is free content, for years now we get stuff we don't pay a dime for (if not purchasing skins). Yes, I'll give this to the game's balance: too much went into its Sandbox aspect, and too little for the Survival facet. Maybe in future things will change a bit, with new core-game content. But, once more, a trelelel "Me Gusta" or "REEEE not unC0mpruMiZing, bleah PFTUEEY!" won't bring any debatable substance to the table.

I think I just had a stroke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

Please keep posts polite, on topic and without personal attacks. 

If somebody isn't following community guidelines, by all means report it and move on. However, please do not shut down opinions just because you don't like those opinions or your perceptions of their attitude. 

Furthermore, if your post is not contributing to the discussion, but only serving the purpose of picking on somebody else, it will be considered a violation of community guidelines. 

Just be nice to each other. It's a video game.... 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Health 1

lol, that war of words...

why not just accept that every event is good in it's own way?

what about ds(t)... in my opinion, it's not an uncompromising game since... A new reign, I suppose? it's more like a base building simulator now. all u need to do is to survive first year and then you can do anything you want, because u already have everything ya need to survive every season.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Duck986 said:

lol, that war of words...

why not just accept that every event is good in it's own way?

what about ds(t)... in my opinion, it's not an uncompromising game since... A new reign, I suppose? it's more like a base building simulator now. all u need to do is to survive first year and then you can do anything you want, because u already have everything ya need to survive every season.

We like writing essays around here.

• Haha 2
  • Big Ups 1