[Game Update] - 470262

On 7/6/2021 at 10:06 PM, Scrimbles said:

I think its funny how, across different Discords and this forum, the first reaction I see to "Cawnival is over" is "OH THANK GOD".

Not a good event at all...

I don't thinks it's funny at all, I think it's sad. This community has become pretty much impossible to please. Developing free new content for this community, as Klei has been doing for years, must be an extremely ungrateful job. I mean, when Reap What You Sow came out, these forums were also full of people screaming what a terrible update it was and how farming sucked now, so that tells you everything you need to know about this clientele. I just hope that Klei don't get discouraged and listen more to the less vocal majority of those among us who are grateful for them maintaining the game for free for so long, and not to the vocal ungrateful minority.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Majestix said:

I don't thinks it's funny at all, I think it's sad. This community has become pretty much impossible to please. Developing free new content for this community, as Klei has been doing for years, must be an extremely ungrateful job. I mean, when Reap What You Sow came out, these forums were also full of people screaming what a terrible update it was and how farming sucked now, so that tells you everything you need to know about this clientele. I just hope that Klei don't get discouraged and listen more to the less vocal majority of those among us who are grateful for them maintaining the game for free for so long, and not to the vocal ungrateful minority.

If you think of the community in a wide sense, well, there isn't a single community out there that's possible to please 100%.

I don't think that's a healthy way of looking at things, in reality, even if I really don't like any of theses seasonal events, they are completely toggleable, and usually even when they are on they have no major impact on the core game that I love.

I really loved Reap What You Sew, I really love all the Quality of Life updates that have come out, even if the actual balancing of some of these mechanics is a bit off.

But what really annoys me is the people that jump out of the wood work feeling the need to bend backwards to defend Klei, as if they are so fragile that someone criticizing them online will bankrupt the company.

"Ungrateful". Am I supposed to be grateful when Klei updates the game with content I do not care about? Why should I?

• Like 8
  • Potato Cup 1

5 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

But what really annoys me is the people that jump out of the wood work feeling the need to bend backwards to defend Klei, as if they are so fragile that someone criticizing them online will bankrupt the company.

I didn't say that. The criticism is good as long as there's no ad hominems.