Tons of unreleased content

Any idea where can i find the assets of this content? It looks like some of you have the animations and stuff. Im really interested in unused content in general and would like to take a look at them myself. So if you know where can i get them or if you have them please let me know it would be much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Mert_TR said:

Any idea where can i find the assets of this content? It looks like some of you have the animations and stuff. Im really interested in unused content in general and would like to take a look at them myself. So if you know where can i get them or if you have them please let me know it would be much appreciated.

I think it was taken out of the mobile game's files themselves. I saw this post the other day on Reddit though where someone seems to have uploaded the assets:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/o8rhnv/dont_starve_newhome_and_unreleasedunused/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

I think it was taken out of the mobile game's files themselves. I saw this post the other day on Reddit though where someone seems to have uploaded the assets:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/o8rhnv/dont_starve_newhome_and_unreleasedunused/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Oh thanks a lot, its actually surprising thoose are from newhome files. I mean they look nothing like the newhome artstyle. Its really interesting that they are there.

2 minutes ago, Mert_TR said:

Oh thanks a lot, its actually surprising thoose are from newhome files. I mean they look nothing like the newhome artstyle. Its really interesting that they are there.

They aren't. Pretty sure the devs are loaning a bunch of unused ideas and concepts so the newhome team can trace them.

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

oh btw do you kow all the names of the stuff that is shown here so i can take a look at them in the files myself

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

They aren't. Pretty sure the devs are loaning a bunch of unused ideas and concepts so the newhome team can trace them.

To help them potentially add versions of those things to their game, if they wanted. 

Similar to how we added Woodlegs and Wortox - we remade old art into something new. 

But - to be clear. Newhome is a rebuilt DST in unity, completely the ground up. They just have some cleanup to do while it's still in development. 

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I didn't mean to sound snide, my assumption was based on their pr art...

image.thumb.png.24e77d7533401c26fdae7c8f6b0909b2.png

Yes, they literally do not even make an effort to match the artstyle of their original characters, which, im going to be as nice as possible here, is certainly an interesting decision considering an overwhelming opinion of users express that the game is a cheap chinese knock-off.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Hey my internet is kind of slow and cant handle downloading the whole thing from that reddit post. If you have that can you dm me th files of only thoose unimplemented stuff showen on this thread pls. My discords Whyro#2794

2 hours ago, sudoku said:

Yes, they literally do not even make an effort to match the artstyle of their original characters

Not sure what you're talking about. The characters are literally as-is from their in-game profile images.

Wendy_DST.png

7 minutes ago, Blue Three said:

Not sure what you're talking about. The characters are literally as-is from their in-game profile images.

Wendy_DST.png

Yes, original characters meaning Tencent created characters.

Spoiler

98054354204533.png

Just look at Wigfrid and the Tencent blonde character standing right next to each other in completley different artsytles. And its not only promotional art they do this. Official videos from their facebook show they straight up inserted Kleis art assests for clothing, the wardrobe, the crockpot, basically anything that alreasy exists in DST, right next to new assets they created themselves in the different artstyle. It looks at best amatuerish and at worst lazy.

On 27.06.2021 at 05:05, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Для меня проблема, которую я вижу с пауками-медсестрами, заключается в том, что они слишком отличаются от обычного паука и паука-воина - обоих потомков Паучьей королевы. Ниже мой взгляд на простое исправление, чтобы сделать текущую форму немного более похожей на упомянутые Нормальный и Воин, в отличие от текущего «инопланетного» аспекта:

медсестра-паук_проблема-fix.png.0e57b390bab4c6e1aae97c3589ece142.png

А именно: глаза . Хотя для пещерных пауков это нормально, иметь один большой глаз, потомство Паучьей Королевы должно быть более похоже в общих чертах с двумя другими братьями / вариантами, которые появляются от нее. Цветовая палитра нормальная, оранжевый, как мед, предполагает лечебные свойства. Но на мой взгляд, все трое должны сохранять схожие черты лица . Точно так же ноги должны быть немного тоньше, как в моем примере выше. Аккуратное быстрое исправление, сохраняющее свой основной дизайн, но больше согласованное с двумя уже существующими прямыми «родственниками» .

sketch-1624958956498.png

I'm actually surprised Klei threw all of these cool designs away, good thing they later added the grass geckos into the game, they're a fun mob

It would be nice if they added more unimplemented content in the future

On 6/26/2021 at 2:52 PM, Cunning fox said:

1977432721_GIF27_06.20210-48-06.gif.2bdde25814fdca63e9fae59ed6403721.gif343705334_GIF27_06.20210-48-22.gif.114d35baa05a2b761cccaab3ee2af0fa.gif

These grotto mowlths look super cool! Maybe Klei planned adding them to the lunar grottos we have today, but instead threw them away (unfortunate)

On 6/26/2021 at 8:52 PM, Cunning fox said:

1977432721_GIF27_06.20210-48-06.gif.2bdde25814fdca63e9fae59ed6403721.gif

oh my god... i had not seen this creature animated before!!!!!!!!!!!!! how could they scrap something this wonderful??!!! even for how much i love dustmoths i hate the thought that they might have replaced this glorious creature! its sooo good omg..... surely this could be repurposed with slightly adjusted colors for some kind of special lunar island mob or whatever???? its too good!

20 minutes ago, Ohan said:

oh my god... i had not seen this creature animated before!!!!!!!!!!!!! how could they scrap something this wonderful??!!! even for how much i love dustmoths i hate the thought that they might have replaced this glorious creature! its sooo good omg..... surely this could be repurposed with slightly adjusted colors for some kind of special lunar island mob or whatever???? its too good!

it should be in game, is so cool

37 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Lunar beefalo?

Archived