Who's the next character to get a refresh?

Which character should get an update next?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Which character should get an update next?

• WX-78
    • Wolfgang
    • Wickerbottom
    • Other

We have 1 more character refresh coming this year. Who do you think it's gonna be and who do you think deserves it the most? Personally I think it's going to be either Wolfgang or WX-78 because they don't provide much to the team and as we can see refreshes usually make characters team players. I also am really curious about their origin: the only thing we know about Wolfgang is that he probably is from a eastern European country, WX-78 is also very mysterious, the only thing we know about it is that it's probably a creation of Wagstaff

Just now, Well-met said:

my money is on maxwell or wilson. Although one of these is probably going to be last to be used as a sort of lore tie-in.

Yeah Wilson absolutely needs something new to him, he's outshined by every character at this point (even Wes now:wilson_cry:)
Maybe more crafts using his beard hair? Something related to science? Dunno

8 minutes ago, rainman895 said:

Yeah Wilson absolutely needs something new to him, he's outshined by every character at this point (even Wes now:wilson_cry:)
Maybe more crafts using his beard hair? Something related to science? Dunno

Is it just me or do I kinda want Wilson to stay as a default character? A big multiplayer game almost always has a default character. Plus, it's always nice to have a character who doesn't do anything better or worse.

Just now, Superlucas1231 said:

Wait, is Klei not planning on refreshing Wilson and Maxy? Or are they just missing from the list?

they just go under other but yes they will (hopefully) be getting reworks

12 minutes ago, Superlucas1231 said:

Wait, is Klei not planning on refreshing Wilson and Maxy? Or are they just missing from the list?

My reasoning behind putting both Maxwell and Wilson in the Other category is that in the game's Compendium both Wilson and Maxwell have links to their animated shorts (Don't Starve launch trailer and Amazing Maxwell - Final Act secret video) and also they both have descriptions whereas WX, Wolfgang and Wickerbottom have no description: it says Their Past: Not Revealed yet 

But of course i hope Wilson and Maxwell get their own updates

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I asked Joe if Wormwood would one day get a refresh, but I never heard back.

:(

I would be happy with just a new short and new skins for him.

They said that characters with idle animations are considered reworked. Wormwood was also fairly new when the reworks started rolling out, I wouldn't expect any major changes to Wormwood.

56 minutes ago, BoySyrup said:

Go check the market, the 842.53 price is there as I type this message. I would say "as we speak" but we are not speaking.

Boysyrup

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I asked Joe if Wormwood would one day get a refresh, but I never heard back.

:(

I would be happy with just a new short and new skins for him.

I guess you missed the Reap What You Sow update

With Webber confirmed I think WX is the best choice, which means it's time to tinker with the big trio.

Honestly, I don't expect much from them. After all, they are all very powerful already.
For WX specificaly I think we could get more specific way of upgrading and maybe more disadvantages centered around water and overheating, aka. the two big enemies of electronics. And that would be it, nothing more.

Blooming was made more prevalent in exchange for his niche farming  perk (still strong but the obvious gap is gone)

I was looking for more of an official confirmation. As in:

"This character is not planned on receiving a rework"

I wouldn't even be mad either. The character has a nice balance within itself. Only when compared with the rest of the cast can one tell he doesn't quite excel as they do (those reworked).

A rework entails more than just additional improvements to a character in my opinion. They have shorts, missing skins from a set added, etc. They have a month completely focused on them in addition to a brand new short. I'm not necessarily asking for a buff and at the very least a revision to "green thumb" and his neglected "relates to plants". The only plant he "relates to" that make some gameplay significance are lure plants and we know how revolutionary they happen to be.

In comparison to Warly very little has changed about Wormwood. Even his poison balm was removed as it was useless with nothing to fill the void. I could make a whole thread about why Wormwood deserves a small revision.

Edit: I should clarify that small change is probably not the right choice of words. They built upon the already existent blooming mechanic to make it far more important to his kit. Honestly that is probably more inline with what I'm looking for, lets not stop at blooming and do the same for the bramble husk, bramble trap and "relates to plants".

Please don't bring up sea weeds they're not exactly what I'm talking about. 

I'm writing this at 1 am so I may need to clarify further in the morning as I don't have all my thought together right now.

Archived