How much have you spent on DST after buying the game?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. How much have you spent on DST after buying the game?

• 0 to 10
    • 11 to 20
    • 21 to 30
    • 31 to 50
    • More than 50
  2. 2. What do you usually buy?

• Everything, I have completionist fever
    • Items I know I'll use the most
    • Only reskins on characters
    • Only reskins on belongings
    • Don't buy, only unravel stuff I'll use

I have yet to buy anything in-game simply 'cause my personal principles, however I feel I would 100% pay money if I ever don't have enough spools to weave a DLC character.
I doubt that'll happen, since the characters are the only things I ever really weave, but I won't take it as an impossibility.

I assume you mean US dollars spent? I'm buying some skins that i personally like for my favourite characters and items on sales only. I've bought a lot of bundles and I spent around 8 $ (different countries have different prices) in total since 2020 when i actually bought DST.

Sometimes it's nice to support your favourite indie dev with some money :love_heart:

I buy skins that look really good and I know I'll use them a lot, and I also buy skins that come out at the same time as a major update just to support the devs. 

Also sometimes I use it to flex on my friends who don't have jobs.

i have spend over 50 something well i spend over 50 hours minutes seconds euros propably euros converting to dollar maybe even converted to other types of money spend over 50 days in it too lets see ahm lets make it 10-15 friends spending time together ahm more then 50 servers visits lets see 50 buldings made over 50 presents skins and looked at the main screen at least 50 too and i think over 50 closing the game im sure of it im alsol sure i spent 50 to killings on enemys ahm i alsol spend 50 on something not sure what im sure it was 50

20 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Not very well done poll imo, too few low span answers on the "how much have you spent" and not enough scenarios on the second like I buy items that look cool, and I buy every skin but only on my main

Doesn't that fall under items you know you'll use the most? Its essentially the you don't buy frivolously option. 

Of the frivolous spending options there's buying only character or belonging skins which are the only two categories of skins in the game.

I have very high respect towards Klei. In fact, they are one of the two companies I would throw money at the moment I get the opportunity... within reason of course.

Essentialy, I buy ALL of the new stuff the moment it's out. Occassionaly I skip a smaller bundle so that I'll have a reason to use my spools.

I used to spend quite a bit more on skins before spools and weaving became a thing and stuff was purchasable solely on the steam market as drop rates were abysmal. Now that skins are a lot more accessible, I mostly just weave the ones I want and unweave those I don't.  

On 6/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, GrMcGillacactus said:

I have yet to buy anything in-game simply 'cause my personal principles, however I feel I would 100% pay money if I ever don't have enough spools to weave a DLC character.
I doubt that'll happen, since the characters are the only things I ever really weave, but I won't take it as an impossibility.

Which one of your personal principles goes against supporting an indie game that constantly gives away loads of free content? And why?

I’ve had my share of spending on cosmetics. Most this year were basically unnecessary (I still have ~20K spools to burn through), but a lot of the skins are made with such care that I might as well purchase the packs.

I usually target belonging skins 100%, and I might focus on character skins if they really stand out. Otherwise I usually buy bundles to get the best value.

I think I might have spent well over $100 to be honest, if that was an option. I buy stuff for all the characters I love playing, and it's not just one or two. Belongings are always a must buy to me. So Klei if you're reading this, you're losing money by not having belonging skins for sale every update.

43 minutes ago, AlienMagi said:

Which one of your personal principles goes against supporting an indie game that constantly gives away loads of free content? And why?

I just don't like spending money on things that don't enhance my personal experience. I love Klei and I want to support them, just not in that way.

Archived