How you would do an ending for DST?

So I've been working on a rough draft about making a fictional ending for DST, to give Klei some inspiration or just having fun. Mine is pretty lengthy but I like it. 

Spoiler

If I was to end DST I would have a adventure mode where you find rose themed items like the maxwell portal, the first one would be Wilson and Maxwell build that looks like the spawn portal but more themed to look like Queen Charlie, with the curtains and phenix on the top, the eye would be replaced with a rose. Then when you reach the remade throne room that Charlie’s in you are given a key to free her as the phonograph plays: “Queen - Clare Fader” but with no voice or something. Then Charlie gets off the throne and yells: “N-No!! W-what have you DONE!” And then a giant ancient shadow beast (the ancient Queen) runs in and destroys the area, kills Charlie in it, and breaks the throne. It lets out a blood curdling screech, as it summons Triumphant clones of 5 - 10 survivors each one has a different ability and makes the fight replay able and unexpected. Wilson’s clone has a shadow spear and will have a twirling spear animation before charging at you to hit you. Willow gets to set things ablaze around a player which can set fire to a wormwood, her Bernie also will attack the player looking horrific and evil. Wolfgang would punch and use brute force to knock weapons out of the Player’s hand and being one of the hardest to get under control unless you have a panflute or blowdarts. Wendy and Abigail both are double danger having Abby stun the players for a short time as Wendy makes shadows to pierce them like voodoo dolls but if the player is able to doge Abby’s attack they can doge the needle spears. WX would summon shadow clockworks to fight as he rides on top of a spider/Mantus like machine that uses the arm blades to slash at the player and slam down to shake the floor like Bearger.  Wickerbottom uses a clone of the codex to do one of Wicker’s book spells (Shadow Tentacles, Nightmare fissures (For lighting), and Shadow birds). Woodie would throw lucy and use his were forms to charge at the player, goose would be able to steal your items and drop them when hit, Beaver would use its tail to whack the player away like in Forge and moose would charge at the player like a rook. Wes would float up to cough up skeletons that come to life to charge the player copying their attacks and doges but in a delayed action, then he attacks by turning into a snake and digging into the ground to do a powerful Puglisk/Depth worm attack which can be dodged. Wigfrid would have the power to scream opera songs to stun the player in pain for a moment, and she can WHAM ham bats like the hammer from the forge, and sometimes she will sing to make distractions to heal up. Webber would turn into a spider queen and start laying eggs which summon little spider that slow down the player and do a terrified dance idle, and they slowly drain your sanity. Winona would make machines to target the player and become a catapult if a player is too close to her, she is a ranged enemy and suffers with close combat with only a sword to defend herself. Wormwood would rot your food items like Toadstool, and plant weeds that will attack you like Plants VS Zombies but can only be removed with a shovel.

the end is never there will always be someone on the throne and does things even if wilson and the others get back home they dont realy win because the time there were gone they will come back in a completly differend time that they dont know of and will propably get attention of weird secred scienctist people to check who they are and where they came from meaning more people are goin to get inot the constand and the circle reapeads

Warly's Maman comes through the portal, beats up Charlie, electric slaps Maxwell, blinds Alter with a lazer pointer, and whisks Warly away to live happily ever after because she's hungry.

They realize life there isn’t so bad.. they escape to discover the real world is now a post-apocalypse where meteor showers hit and Dinosaur aged the planet.. there’s nothing left for them in the real world, but the place they once wanted to escape so badly is now their preferred place to stay.

Thats Ending A.

But Ending B would be that time in the constant is freaky and everyone got thrown into different periods of time upon escape- maybe Warly got to go back to a time where Mamanan Remembers, Maybe Wendy got to go back to the exact moment before Abigail died and save her.. Maybe Wilson and Willow make a love connection and upon escape instead of being a lonely man in the woods with keep out signs Willow teaches him the greatest science of all- what the magic of loving someone is. Perhaps WX78 escapes to a distant future where robots rule all of humanity. Maxwell escapes to discover the world is many years into the future, and upon his arrival he starts to turn to bone and ash & cease to exist.. (just like in solo DS when you free him) 

The TL:DR- Ending A “Constant is Home Now.” 

Ending B- Freaky time shenanigans where each character goes to past, present or future.

58 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

They realize life there isn’t so bad.. they escape to discover the real world is now a post-apocalypse where meteor showers hit and Dinosaur aged the planet.. there’s nothing left for them in the real world, but the place they once wanted to escape so badly is now their preferred place to stay.

Thats Ending A.

But Ending B would be that time in the constant is freaky and everyone got thrown into different periods of time upon escape- maybe Warly got to go back to a time where Mamanan Remembers, Maybe Wendy got to go back to the exact moment before Abigail died and save her.. Maybe Wilson and Willow make a love connection and upon escape instead of being a lonely man in the woods with keep out signs Willow teaches him the greatest science of all- what the magic of loving someone is. Perhaps WX78 escapes to a distant future where robots rule all of humanity. Maxwell escapes to discover the world is many years into the future, and upon his arrival he starts to turn to bone and ash & cease to exist.. (just like in solo DS when you free him) 

The TL:DR- Ending A “Constant is Home Now.” 

Ending B- Freaky time shenanigans where each character goes to past, present or future.

i really like ending b but seems to happy would like a nice bitter sweet touch other than some characters splitting up

In fact, a very interesting topic for me personally. I wouldn't want a banal happy ending, and I wouldn't want a banal tragic ending.
Probably, I would like to see an Ancient Civilization resurrected at the end of this whole story, several characters sacrificed their lives for the happiness of others (mainly Maxwell (maybe for Jack, Charlie, Wendy\Abi), Wagstaff (maybe for Winona and other important things), WX-78 (maybe for Wagstaff or idk)), the characters would remain in this world forever on their own, removing the forces of evil from their home worlds and each would find the meaning and essence of their lives.. In general, personal development and culmination is a very interesting element in any story. At a minimum, I want to see the characters grow in terms of character and achieve some awareness of themselves and their capabilities.

Ok, I've just had random thoughts regarding this, and I thought of this really specific idea that I thought would be fun to just think about and play around with. 

Spoiler

I've noticed recently that Winona's been in a quite a few of the RoT animation trailers (all of them being lore-significant ones; Turn of Tides, Forgotten Knowledge, and Eye of the Storm). Not only that, but for some reason there is a significant emphasis on her in the beginning of the 2021 gameplay trailer.

And that just sort of made me think "lol everyone's been complaining about how Winona is practically a 'Wilson 2.0,' what if Klei actually takes that literally and makes her the protagonist for a second adventure mode in which she leads the others in saving Charlie or something?" I mean, it is interesting how Winona's the only one (besides Maxwell) who has close connections with the two most significantly mysterious individuals in the franchise thus far, Wagstaff and Charlie, is it not? 

Anyway, my thoughts were like, Wilson and the other survivors are thrown into some series of tests/puzzles or whatever, similar to Don't Starve's Adventure Mode, but obviously a version requiring multiple people, then at the end of the tests, there's a thing where it's like "only oNe pErsoN mAY coME thROUGh" and so Winona practically begs Wilson and the other survivors to let her be the one to go through because Charlie is her sister, ya know? So the others acquiesce and (canonically) let Winona go (but gameplay-wise, any character can go). So then Winona sees Charlie face to face and after some cheesy "CHARLIE IT'S ME, WINONA, DON'T YOU REMEMBER" dialogue, Winona is forced to sacrifice herself to save Charlie from the "shadowy influence" somehow, which opens the portal home and throws all the other survivors (at least, the ones that aren't native to the Constant), including Charlie, through the portal and they all return home.

But being realistic, is that really gonna happen? Puzzles, maybe. Charlie is saved and everyone returns home with the ONLY expense being one character? Probably not.

Oh, btw, this also makes me think, these poor people are probably going to suffer from PTSD or something if they return to the real world. It will probably be a while before they can be in the dark without hyperventilating or be within 5 feet of a frog without itching to kill/run away from it... except for Walter. He's a trooper.

But of course, I wouldn't want an ending to come to DST anytime soon either, I just started playing it a few months ago! 

they find a portal go through it and appear to be in a theatre they hear the faint "your no stranger to love" as every screens turn to rick astley there are no openings there is no escape when the song ends it repeats and repeats and repeats to greet them to their actual hell as they seek the only escape... death

The survivors escape The Constant, and return to the real world in the middle of the great depression. 

The survivors decide that dealing with hound attacks is easier than dealing with poverty, so Wilson builds a portal to The Constant again.

Wes was the main protagonist after all... 

All he wanted was to make people happy, maybe in the end

He sacrifices himself, for the sake of everyone's safety and well being.

I don't think they would escape, more of, advancing to a more peaceful time in the constant

Archived