Character Sprite Redesigns

Would you like other characters to be redesigned too ?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like other characters to be redesigned too ?

2. 2. What character would you want to be redesigned ?

Back in July of 2019, Warly got a sprite change from his shipwrecked counterpart while also being added into dst. While it is unlikely that other characters might get redesigned too, unless Klei gets around to make another QOL update or possibly in the remaining character reworks. I think it would be interesting see what the community thinks on this matter or at least what people think is the worst default character sprite design.

Shipwrecked Warly

image.png.742a8c3acd23d746df2b80b6b793ab33.png

I personally think that all the character sprites are fine as they are.

But if Klei were to ever do redesigns, I'd only want them to be minor changes. Similarly to what The Binding of Issac: Repentance did with some of the original Rebirth character sprites.

Wolfgang: Not really a redesing, but have mid stage be able to have sleeves

WIllow: some burn marks on her clothers, how does one get to be an arsonist and immune to fire and have their clothes be so clean

Wickerbottom: she doesnt feel like someone whod use high heels idk

im blind whats the difference between the 2? the only thing i see is there is a black line now in his side sprite and it seems his skin is less brown but 1 thing is for sure klei clearly down crated his portrait in multy here look

image.thumb.png.7b694f6f9759a7b89d1ee5809591a13e.png

like look at this the single player one clearly looks better and more fitting how he prepares food and then the multyplayer one he just looks at a fish wich is alsol not corect anymore because fish dont have dead "X" eyes anymore

Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

I really can't tell the difference between the two images besides the black line to the left of his eye and the saturation of the images. Am I blind?

his forehead seems a bit thicker, larger and pointier i think

1 minute ago, Grim the said:

I just want Walter's second eyebrow.

Please. Give him an eyebrow.

It's for animation reasooooooooons, if they gave him a 2nd brow, it'd appear over his hair.

But I agree it is really annoying, my entire life was destroyed when I realised that.

6 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I really can't tell the difference between the two images besides the black line to the left of his eye and the saturation of the images. Am I blind?

All of his torso lacks any details accurate to his artwork, his tie is missing. His coat ceases at his pants line, and the sleeves only go to half his arm, his shoes and pants are no where close, and his little shoulder spikes are just gone.

Whoops, Im a little stupid, you were talking about warly, my point still stands about Maxy though

I'd like Wortox to be redesigned to look like his older, more demonic appearance. Although that's not redesigning so much as un-redesigning I guess?

Also Wormwood needs a redesign to actually fit the DST artstyle. His face is so bad.

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

It's for animation reasooooooooons, if they gave him a 2nd brow, it'd appear over his hair.

But I agree it is really annoying, my entire life was destroyed when I realised that.

I mean, like half of normal cartoons just have the eyeball/eyebrow show over the hair (Ex: Star from Star vs The Forces of Evil)

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Could also be because he got a haircut inbetween entering the constant and becoming playable.
image.png.882f67e43a76d44033268648ce5493bb.pngimage.png.221f64f0b8439793036fb58df3da1117.png

Walter was swapped with a doppleganger, who also happened to have no-so-useful skills.

2 minutes ago, Grim the said:

image.png.882f67e43a76d44033268648ce5493bb.pngimage.png.221f64f0b8439793036fb58df3da1117.png

Huh... Just realized he looks nothing like he does in game. That's weird.

Not quite a fan of redesigns for the existing characters. Warly's side profile looked nothing like what his front would imply originally so I can kinda excuse it. I've also considered they changed his art to make it unique from SW, which is Capy's DLC. Shrug.

Only character I'd really be done to seeing touched up would be Maxwell maybe, and just his suit, like seriously it looks nothing like it does as an NPC or in any art of him.

image.png.0b76e9f0323a2aa4461fc999bf6f1fd1.pngmlD41-4U5Kw.jpg.1cabc7c0ade96874511107788469401a.jpg

Warly was the only one who really needed it, his side sprite looks so stupid in Shipwrecked by comparison to DST. I'm going to vote for Maxwell because some minor touch-ups to his suit would be fine, but other than that I don't think anyone should look different.

I agree with Maxwell's jacket. Come to think of it, Wickerbottom has a similar inconsistency with her portrait as well. Though I feel like their designs have been unaltered for so long that they've become pretty staple to their appearance ever since the original. 

image.png.63b73465251956a6c3b9262247d016d0.pngimage.png.40574304155202d9d73d43d7650880c1.png

Archived