Favorite piece of lore?

i'm personally very interested in the lore of don't starve/together, and i've been looking around at animations, quotes, and puzzles to get any bit i can.
currently, my favorite piece of lore is that WX-78 might be 4'10"

WX_Blueprint.png.11138e999d087f900aa0516eb1ef7d08.png

this shot comes from the next of kin animation (winona's rework) where it panned across the billboard. 

i'm curious about other peoples' favorite bits of lore or fun facts, whether it's a major chunk of story or a little obscure fact

I really want to know the actual pig lore. On one hand everything is pretty much laid out, on the other people can't seem to agree on what actually happened. 

I really like the idea of the King leaving developing civilisation to live among mindless followers all plagued by the same curse. 

Where does the curse come from anyway? Pigs from Hamlet don't suffer from it, with one exception that is a royal- doesn't that mean Pig King below should also be cursed? Or does the curse come from something else entirely, or maybe they all had it but it got cured in the Hamlet world? Or do they also have silver on them at all times and still would turn into werepigs if they didn't? 

It's not important lore, but I kind of wanna know the history of my meat farm. 

16 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I really want to know the actual pig lore. On one hand everything is pretty much laid out, on the other people can't seem to agree on what actually happened. 

I really like the idea of the King leaving developing civilisation to live among mindless followers all plagued by the same curse. 

Where does the curse come from anyway? Pigs from Hamlet don't suffer from it, with one exception that is a royal- doesn't that mean Pig King below should also be cursed? Or does the curse come from something else entirely, or maybe they all had it but it got cured in the Hamlet world? Or do they also have silver on them at all times and still would turn into werepigs if they didn't? 

It's not important lore, but I kind of wanna know the history of my meat farm. 

And the pig ruis including one that suggest that the elder pigs were working together with the mants, ancient herald summoning pig ghosts, etc there is many mysteries in hamlets lore that seems to be connected to RoG/dst lore

Also im very curious about Ancient hulk lore and who wrote the codex umbra

30 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also im very curious about Ancient hulk lore and who wrote the codex umbra

I've got theories for both of those!

The Iron Hulk is probably a prototype or knockoff of the celestial champion. The Celestial Champion drops infused moon shards, which has a similar name to the infused iron dropped by the hulk. Not mention they both use the same laser attack during the fight and "upgrade" themselves over time. It was likely designed by the ancients who worshipped the moon at one point, since they used to live in the mountains before moving underground and it drops the same gears dropped by the clockworks.

The codex umbra was likely written by Metheus, since it's got a big M on the front and Metheus is the only other character whose name starts with M.

I want to know wormwood's gem, you could say its a green gem and be at that. But I know there's more than just "Green Gem" a bit of wormwood's quotes lead to him acting like he knows more than he should about the moon. So it's making me think "What does the gem do, and how did it get here?"

And what's with Pearl and her (Ex?) sweetie? I wanna know the love between a crab and a hermit crab, I really do.

5 minutes ago, JeezSorry said:

Pearl and her (Ex?) sweetie? I wanna know the love between a crab and a hermit crab, I really do.

Something tells me that the giant mass of moon landing changed both Pearl and the king but in different ways.

3 minutes ago, JeezSorry said:

I want to know wormwood's gem, you could say its a green gem and be at that. But I know there's more than just "Green Gem" a bit of wormwood's quotes lead to him acting like he knows more than he should about the moon. So it's making me think "What does the gem do, and how did it get here?"

I always imagined it was a Lunar Green Gem, like how the Irridescent Gem is a transformed yellow gem. If the regular green gems we see have the ability to construct and deconstruct stuff like structures and items, maybe lunar green gems have the ability to construct and deconstruct biological beings? And that's how Wormwood came to be. As for how it got here... that's a good question, maybe the moon wanted to send Wormwood there, to have more influence on the constant? Who knows!

And what's with Pearl and her (Ex?) sweetie? I wanna know the love between a crab and a hermit crab, I really do.

Pearl and the Crab King were lovers livin' together, but I believe the Celestial Tribute "called" out to Crab king and he felt really urged to try and find it. So he set out and was able to eventually find it, but sadly became corrupted and mutated by the lunar energy, and never came back to Pearl :(.

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Pearl and the Crab King were lovers livin' together, but I believe the Celestial Tribute "called" out to Crab king and he felt really urged to try and find it. So he set out and was able to eventually find it, but sadly became corrupted and mutated by the lunar energy, and never came back to Pearl :(.

Makes me think, where were they before the whole tides rising up thing? I know its a game in all, and things just happen, but if lets say they are regular crabs (besides pearl) were they just sitting in the bottom of the ocean? Were they on a different island? And how is pearl constantly on land, she's a hermit crab, they can't really live on land. Something to do with lunar thinamabobers? Heck if I know...

8 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I always imagined it was a Lunar Green Gem, like how the Irridescent Gem is a transformed yellow gem. If the regular green gems we see have the ability to construct and deconstruct stuff like structures and items, maybe lunar green gems have the ability to construct and deconstruct biological beings? And that's how Wormwood came to be. As for how it got here... that's a good question, maybe the moon wanted to send Wormwood there, to have more influence on the constant? Who knows!

Last thought, why was he on hamlet first? As you can see from the cinematic (And where he started at) he is from hamlet, was there something special there for him, whooooo knows!

Last thought, why was he on hamlet first? As you can see from the cinematic (And where he started at) he is from hamlet, was there something special there for him, whooooo knows!

Hamlet is "above" the mainland. It is shown to be up in the clouds, so when gem fell off the moon the Hamlet island was in the way so that's where it landed. 

And just maybe he was an experiment on how moon will influence the world in direct contact, before the proper invasion (by cracking he moon) began. 

i think wormwoods gem is just a green gem. Gems might come from the moon, we see that blue and red (and only these for some reason like if we need more blue and red gems...) are made in hot springs

also:

image.thumb.png.bc2b109839577a71e11dd6c4902a358a.png

and, in every skin, wormwood's gem changes which i take as a hint not a cannon thing

I like all the skeletons and graveyards,  gives the world a lived in feeling. Also raises some questions like the triumphant Maxwell statues near the cemeteries, why does the blue much biome have more bones than usual, the orderly ones near guardian.

The fact that Thulecite comes from Dust Moth secretion of all things is quite funny but Thulecite used in many ways, weapons, armor, magic staffs and amulets, other tools, and many of the Archive structures are made out of Thulecite; the Ancients had to mass produce Thulecite at proportional levels, maybe with hundreds of not thousands of Dust Moths.

30 minutes ago, EirikGerhard said:

Why does the shadow thurible smell different for everyone? Its quotes from Wickerbottom and Woody make me believe that Charlie wanted the Fuelweaver defeated (?) I hope many things are revealed with the Return of Them

Well,Them(shadow entity) is themed about forbidden knowledge.I believe it "lures" the characters,so they smell what they love.

54 minutes ago, EirikGerhard said:

Why does the shadow thurible smell different for everyone? Its quotes from Wickerbottom and Woody make me believe that Charlie wanted the Fuelweaver defeated (?) I hope many things are revealed with the Return of Them

Even plain nightmare fuel seems different to some of the survivors. Willow states that it's warm, while Webber states that it's cold.

Willow: "Eww, it's still warm!"

Webber: "It's cold and slippery."

Seeing as the thurible is refuled with NMF, those properties of changing depending on the survivor might amplify those properties of NMF to mimic something they love or fear.

One of my favorite lore bits is that Webber states all colors are his favorite. It's pretty insignificant, but I just think that's adorable.

24 minutes ago, Tuesday Pidgeon said:

One of my favorite lore bits is that Webber states all colors are his favorite. It's pretty insignificant, but I just think that's adorable.

i agree with this, a lot

i remember playing with my friend (who was just getting into the game, and they really liked webber so they were playing as him) and they found his quote where he says "red is my favorite color!"
they went "aww, that's so cute"
then i told them that all the colors were his favorite and the joy that radiated from them made me really happy as well

Archived