Return of Them - The Eye of the Storm is coming next week!

2 minutes ago, chaosmonkey said:

This is the first content update of the year, no? They specifically called out YOTB, character refreshes, and QoL updates separately. That is to say, there should be two more content updates coming this year.

15 minutes ago, JoeW said:

This is the last of the Story Arc content for Return of Them. There will be more ocean stuff in the future, just not as part of a "Return of Them" related update.

Wow I am very excited about the progress of "Return of Them"!! I caught this event from the beginning  The animation was incredible!! 

Pt-Br: Uau estou muito animada com o progresso do Return Of Them! Eu peguei esse evento desde o começo (chorando de emoção) A animação ficou incrívellll!! 

15 minutes ago, YumoS said:

It is literally an eye. charlie is going to fight the eye of the moon? is it a end game boss? are the avengers going to win? all of this on the next episode of don't starve together!

I think she's trying to get the ancient secrets from it that she couldn't get, so she pushes back against "Moon's" worldly influence or trying to push to to submit to her.
Either way, who knows? I'd love to see an epic battle.

6 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

After 4 years since a New Reign, maybe we will finally know a slight detail about what Charlie is even doing.

It's insane that it's been 4 years, but I guess Klei loves keeping their secrets to eventually come out. I guess we'll know the rest of the story when we're all 90.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am confused, how can return of them end with no conclusion as to who/what them is & why they are returning? 

I'll answer as best I can

They, are the figure seen in the ancient gateway, that eye thing seen in the Metheus puzzle

They have now been awoken again, They are back.

If this content update is going to be the closing of the RoT arc...

then it's gotta be something big, right?

I feel like it'd be a bit anticlimactic if Klei just left it at (spoilers)

Spoiler

Just a new Celestial Champion boss with Wagstaff just suddenly appearing and then taking said boss' energy source and then we never hear from him again...

I'm guessing there's probably a lot I'm missing (I haven't played the beta), but I mean... that's really all I've heard about thus far.

Ooh, but what if Wagstaff's intervention is what stops this arc in its tracks and begins the new one?

image.png.93d9d1ab6617af4b26a52a18c021b767.pngthis thing oh boy we are goin to go to the puzzle land again dont we? we need the tragic torch and do some weird puzzle that may confuse us all and then get another skin the "moon powered torch" or something like that this is goin to be big wait a minute if shes on the moon and does some cool torch magic tricks then what has this to do whit wagstaff? how does he come into play? is he building a machine to destroy charlie whit the power he coleccts? no this cant be it can it?

WHHAAT, oh no, it can't be, we're at the last Return of Them update already? There's so much more to uncover, hopefully the content updates will continue; this will be the first content update of 2021 and the roadmap stated the plans of having 3 updates. The plot just started getting thicker in the beta so will we have a third update season soon? 

In any case I loved each and every Return of Them update to this date so thank you very much for your great work Klei. They expanded the game greatly. Here's hoping DST continues to evolve in the foreseeable future with more content updates and continuous support.

Archived