[Game Update] - 457125

• Developer

Changes

• Added an “Insane” option to the world generation slider, greatly increasing the amount of objects generated in the world.
  • Greatly reduced the loading times when traveling between worlds on the same server.
  • Greatly reduced all loading times when you have lots of mod enabled.
  • The Mods Warning Screen now has an option to make the screen not show up again.
  • Domesticated beefalo will no longer go into heat.
  • The “Clean All” button on the mods screen will no longer delete non workshop mods.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Griefer Spawn Protection not providing the appropriate level of protection.
  • Fixed an issue where Pipspook could cause mouse detection to break.
  • Fixed a bug causing Tallbird Nests to respawn Tallbirds immediately after its Tallbird got killed.
  • Fixed a bug causing a crafted Leaky Shack to immediately respawn Merms after its Merm got killed.
  • Fixed a crash if you baited a trap with a stack of items, and then left the server.
  • Fixed a bug causing Abigail's Flower to have the wrong inventory icon.
  • Fixed a bug causing Salamanders to have the wrong hurtbox size.
  • Fixed a bug causing Merm Flort-ifications to lose their upgrade when reloading the game while the Merm King is alive.
  • Fixed a bug causing Pigs to stop chopping trees prematurely.
  • Fixed a bug causing Merms and Merm Guards to stop chopping trees or mining rocks prematurely.
  • Fixed a bug causing Spider Queens to still spawn from Spiderdens when they are turned off in World Settings.
  • Fixed a bug causing mods on the older workshop API to fail to download if the file path had unicode characters in it.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if steam’s API is too old.
  • Fixed a bug causing salt licks to stop working sometimes.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Bats World Setting to not appear on Caves worlds
  • Fixed a bug causing Crab King to not spawn.
  • Fixed a bug causing atrium chest traps to not get applied correctly.

View full update

• Like 53
  • Thanks 12
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Health 3
  • Sanity 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 6
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 4
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Greatly reduced the loading times when traveling between worlds on the same server.

Excellent work, thank you! This was heavily needed.

Edited by penguin0616
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

thank you so much for fixing the salt licks and domesticated beefalo going in heat! I have three, so I was suffering quite a bit from that and I'm super glad that it's fixed.

Spoiler

hopefully, I'll soon be able to generate new worlds on Mac again too *fingers crossed*

• Potato Cup 1

23 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

• Fixed a bug causing Merms and Merm Guards to stop chopping trees or mining rocks prematurely.

Thaaaaaaankk yoouuuu so much, this has been irking me for a while now. Greatly appreciated! :biggrin-new:

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

How do salt licks work now

the thing, if i dont recall incorrectly, is that before for some reason salt licks didnt work sometimes so that fix might mean that they just fixed the bug but keep working the same

42 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Fixed a bug causing Merms and Merm Guards to stop chopping trees or mining rocks prematurely

Inked322330_20210322223634_1_LI.thumb.jpg.14cc58df6eb272dc12a97d201c5285ab.jpg

now they never stop even if i move far away :wilson_laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Shopcat 1

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:

Changes

• Added an “Insane” option to the world generation slider, greatly increasing the amount of objects generated in the world.
  • The Mods Warning Screen now has an option to make the screen not show up again.
  • Fixed Griefer Spawn Protection not providing the appropriate level of protection.

thankyou to all the staff who contributed to these fixes and affects. i am hoping that i no longer have to worry about coming up from/going down to caves and wondering if i will load in dead or dying and i am glad to not have to assure the game that i do indeed want to know how many days are left in winter and how long until my stuffed eggplants rot just like i did last time i played

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Changes

Personally this is better than any other QoL update for me recently, I can't describe how much grateful I'm right now. Thank you a lot every time you did a wonderful job as always!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Changes

• Domesticated beefalo will no longer go into heat.
  • The “Clean All” button on the mods screen will no longer delete non workshop mods.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Pipspook could cause mouse detection to break.
  • Fixed a bug causing Tallbird Nests to respawn Tallbirds immediately after its Tallbird got killed.
  • Fixed a bug causing a crafted Leaky Shack to immediately respawn Merms after its Merm got killed.
  • Fixed a crash if you baited a trap with a stack of items, and then left the server.
  • Fixed a bug causing Abigail's Flower to have the wrong inventory icon.
  • Fixed a bug causing Salamanders to have the wrong hurtbox size.
  • Fixed a bug causing Merm Flort-ifications to lose their upgrade when reloading the game while the Merm King is alive.
  • Fixed a bug causing Pigs to stop chopping trees prematurely.
  • Fixed a bug causing Spider Queens to still spawn from Spiderdens when they are turned off in World Settings.
  • Fixed a bug causing mods on the older workshop API to fail to download if the file path had unicode characters in it.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if steam’s API is too old.
  • Fixed a bug causing salt licks to stop working sometimes.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Bats World Setting to not appear on Caves worlds
  • Fixed a bug causing Crab King to not spawn.
  • Fixed a bug causing atrium chest traps to not get applied correctly.

View full update

Thanks been looking forward to the merm fix you guys really are the speediest bug fixes I've ever seen for bug reports.

• Like 1