Character Commentary Appreciation [DST]

Looking at the quotes list for wormwood, It seems that when you succesfully get the blueprints for the ruined decorations, wormwood will say

Ancient Chest (successful)- "Said yes!"

Each time im more convinced Wormwood knows a secret and ancient language (maybe his gem shares some properties with the distilled knowledge from the archives)

4 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Guys is Webber okay? I just found out that his quote for flint is "Oh, to feel a sharp edge against my skin!" and that's just so out of character and wtf for him, do we need to call someone?

theres no way that isnt wendys quote

ok, it is, but id say it means like scratching himself doing dumb things (like falling while riding a bike), thing he cannot feel anymore because his skin is covered by the spider

1 hour ago, Wardin25 said:

theres no way that isnt wendys quote

ok, it is, but id say it means like scratching himself doing dumb things (like falling while riding a bike), thing he cannot feel anymore because his skin is covered by the spider

Hm, maybe.

Also I find it so weird how Webber is just absolutely cool with the spider (he literally calls him his "better half" in his quote for charcoal). The thought of this being just a coping mechanism makes me sad and disturbed, so I started coming up with theories about him trying to become spidery on purpose. I would be perfectly fine with Klei rewriting his story a little in this direction to be less messed up 

Spoiler

and we could finally get a Webber short film

Also the spider seems to be fused with his mind in some way since Webber says that "he" is a better reader than him and doesn't allow him to do dumb stuff like drinking the rest of a Hallowed Nights elixir. So please Klei, I don't mind some Disney sh*t as long as it is to protect this boy from trauma.

quotes where characters mention other characters in dst are my favorite

wendy (examining faux fangs): "Now Webber and I can match"

webber (when wormwood is a murderer): "Wickerbottom says we can't be friends anymore!"

willow (examining lucky cat jar): "I don't want Ms. Wickerbottom to get sad. Let's burn it!"

wilson (examining back scratcher): "Wigfrid keeps jumping out and hitting me with it?!"

wolfgang (examining lying robot): "Angry metal friend WX would like this, yes!"

10 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

why does walter have a quote for the DS ruins skinhole

• Ruins Entrance.pngPlugged Ruins Sinkhole- "There's probably tons of good stuff in there."

It's a company thing.
Writers often write quotes for things that don't exist/were removed/are only in solo/dlcs, ect, ect, even when they're uneeded.
Plenty of DST characters that aren't in DS have quotes for DS exclusive stuff and sometimes vice versa.
It's like a weird company/dev completionist sort of thing.

7 minutes ago, -Variant said:

It's a company thing.
Writers often write quotes for things that don't exist/were removed/are only in solo/dlcs, ect, ect, even when they're uneeded.
Plenty of DST characters that aren't in DS have quotes for DS exclusive stuff and sometimes vice versa.
It's like a weird company/dev completionist sort of thing.

I always saw it as just writers doing what they want to and having fun, they're human too and I imagine they constantly just have small ideas like "Hey I wonder what the character would say for this thing in this other DLC/game"

I also like the ones where Maxwell mentions Charlie and shows remorse for what he did to her:

Heavenly Eggnog- "My... favorite... she remembered."

Charlie (the darkness monster)- "Charlie? It's me! Maxwell!"

Codex Umbra- "I'm so sorry Charlie."

Formal Set- "I just need to find my beautiful assistant."

White and Black Bishop- "Charlie was the only one who ever kept me in check."

They give an idea how close their relationship was to the point of making Maxwell regret dragging her into the magic show and eventually into the Constant, which is also seen in the William Carter Puzzles.  Also definitely has nothing to do with the fact that I ship them

Back again with more random quotes to share! Only this time, they're quotes that I (mostly) found in the new moonstorm event section of the speech files.

WX:

Spoiler

I like how they're saying it like they're hopeful.

image.png.a494f55a8e9bb848fffa3767c7a7a48c.png

feelsbadman for the birds

image.png.72abbcca734e3aae13e16978d4f31810.png

Ok, I'm really curious (and I'm sure everyone else is at this point) about what Wagstaff even did to WX to make them so aversive to whatever he does.

And the fact that WX is questioning "WHY SHOULD I HELP HIM" makes me feel like they're being peer pressured by the other survivors or something. 

image.png.e3b4df171f3302aad8becd0613af69dd.png

Winona:

Spoiler

Memories memories... ):

image.png.15bd10accd9feec502553cf979932b70.png

Also, in contrast to WX's comments, Winona seems much more enthusiastic about helping Wagstaff.

image.png.2b73f05073d60501bd89c7249c93b8e2.png

Wortox:

Spoiler

The puns, the puns. We love the puns.

image.png.741e31477965b61e280843bc591b555b.png

Teehee, more jokes

image.png.cbe2a9b680278576ee25e64dc3e7d632.png

Yummy

image.png.48cfd365ae3ec5f172502dc81a801c0a.png

Maxwell:

Spoiler

This is a reference to something, isn't it? I've seen that image of that potato with the wires in it, what is he referencing, someone explai--?

image.png.b50c25c2a6ec301e6b624898ec50162a.png

Hehe, the turns have tabled. Maxwell's the new Wilson now.

image.png.495065cef5bd308b6f8c2646ec1fbbae.png

Wilson:

Spoiler

Your hair does its own crazy things. Like have bones.

image.png.f8348ea34bcb7eb92aee19d9293b7a81.png

N O .

image.png.b26caada333855ae0b79b63d8f135af0.png

Sure, Wilson... sure.

image.png.ed7420f28afaffb5b7b917cdfccaff07.png

"Egghead" (: (ok, I'm sorry, Wilson's great, I'm just bullying him for the jokes--)

image.png.c4164c4315f1a6a685f6de087920f7be.png

12 minutes ago, fierysage1 said:

Back again with more random quotes to share! Only this time, they're quotes that I (mostly) found in the new moonstorm event section of the speech files.

WX:

Reveal hidden contents

I like how they're saying it like they're hopeful.

image.png.a494f55a8e9bb848fffa3767c7a7a48c.png

feelsbadman for the birds

image.png.72abbcca734e3aae13e16978d4f31810.png

Ok, I'm really curious (and I'm sure everyone else is at this point) about what Wagstaff even did to WX to make them so aversive to whatever he does.

And the fact that WX is questioning "WHY SHOULD I HELP HIM" makes me feel like they're being peer pressured by the other survivors or something. 

image.png.e3b4df171f3302aad8becd0613af69dd.png

i honestly imagined that it had something to do with during/shortly after wx's creation, like abandonment or wx developing their own thoughts beyond what wagstaff made, hey, even possibly something wagstaff implemented himself (wx's character icon has them on a bluebrint with a crossed out heart)

thats more speculation then actual fact, but its fun to think about!!

Archived