Character Commentary Appreciation [DST]

41 minutes ago, rafaelluismpalm said:

really late question, where do i see the speech files?

In your computer files, go into your hard drive where the game's files are stored, go into Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Don't Starve Together > data > databundles > scripts.zip. There you'll find a bunch of files called "speech_[charactername],lua" where you can find each character's quotes.

Can we just appreciate for a moment, how kind and fair Wickerbottom always is? While many characters tend to react to everything, that isn't explicitly cute or amazing with mockery, disgust or boredom, she is just generally fascinated by every new plant or creature she sees. She is really respectful towards the Hamlet society, she's happy to meet the relic collector, "another mature adult", she returns the relics to the pigs not for her own profit, but for their historical value to the pigd, and so on. Wickerbottom rocks!

Maxwell got off too easy and was never properly punished for his crimes in the original Don't Starve.

Wigfrid, examining a Wire Hanger: "This weak, flimsy wire reminds me... I must toughen Maxwell up!"

Nevermind, Wigfrid's on it.

On 10/10/2021 at 3:38 AM, Hornete said:

image.png.330d8ee6f44aa06709251c996ce3ce6b.png

Looking at Walter's quotes some more recently, and man do I love this boy and his experiences!

(unfortunately this examination isnt actually in the game any longer, since farm plots have long since been removed)

thats half true those farms are still in the game file and can still be spawned in

ever since I saw it, I've always found the Wanda quote for Pearl's pearl (non-broken) to be interesting.

wanadaquote.PNG.b75780539b5d34bc3ad6bfd7481c02d2.PNG 

while on a surface level, sure it could just be nervousness with the trust of the pearl, however... with the general backstory of Wanda and particularly how she thought Crab King always had gems, somehow I get the impression she already knows full well of the pearls (and Pearls) eventual resolution..

("I'll... do my best." if image still broke ghghghrrgrghuhgkj)

20 minutes ago, TornadoCapped said:

ever since I saw it, I've always found the Wanda quote for Pearl's pearl (non-broken) to be interesting.

image.png.4ed9a4e459ff23597445da6b93dd3d93.png 

while on a surface level, sure it could just be nervousness with the trust of the pearl, however... with the general backstory of Wanda and particularly how she thought Crab King always had gems, somehow I get the impression she already knows full well of the pearls (and Pearls) eventual resolution..

Your image is a bit broken, but looking at the quote on the wiki, I agree and I love both quotes for the pearl.

Archived