Character Commentary Appreciation [DST]

On 2/24/2021 at 6:01 PM, minespatch said:

58b6bae46be71_Willowasksforarazor.thumb.png.330e5906700cd16d7577199385c4fdca.png

Reminds me of when Willow examines a moon dial at a certain phase:

• Moon Dial Build.pngMoon Dial (waxing)- "The moon is waxing, unlike me."

...to be fair, exactly how IS one supposed to do that out in the wilderness?  : P

And now, since I'm your local filthy pyromaniac Willow main, I think I'll just throw out some fave quotes of hers in general:

• Razor.pngRazor- "Why did I build this?"
  • Endothermic Fire.pngEndothermic Fire (high)- "BURN! BURN FASTER! AND BLUER!"

Willow is an equal-opportunity fire lover, I guess.

Chiminea.pngChiminea (all stages)- "Do you like your house, fire? You're welcome."

...awwww?  : P

• Piggyback.pngPiggyback- "I made a backpack out of butts!"
  • Basic Farm.pngImproved Farm.pngFarm (growing)- "Hurry up, dirtpile. Feed me!"
  • Crock Pot Burnt.pngCrock Pot (burnt)- "At least it went out in a blaze of glory."

I also named my boat that.  :)

boatname.png.c4d72829e1f8fa41dc4baef8f151b321.png

• Garden Rigamajig.pngGarden Rigamajig (held)- "Guess I better find a dumb spot to plant some dumb plants."
  • Garden Rigamajig Build.pngGarden Rigamajig- "Yeah, fight that ground!"
  • Pig House Build.pngPig House (occupied, lights off)- "You jerk! Let me in!"

And I'll stop there for now.  Generally her overall snark at everything is the main reason I like her.  XD

...Notorious

18 minutes ago, fierysage1 said:

Oooooh, well, it implies that he brought a bunch of other survivors into the Constant that died previously, right? It's so sad, poor pipspooks.

yep, the skeletons with loot are called fallen survivors and they were there before wilson in the maxwell era

It also, since pipspooks are _child_ ghosts, insinuates that these are not only other survivors, but other KID survivors. 

On a similar note, I've also always wondered about that one Hallowed Nights set-piece.  This one?

costumequestgonewrong.png.552c096d799141a1a5504ef97a19cf35.png

Several skeletons with a goody bag, one of the "candy" items (raisins) and at least one trinket that could be considered a toy.  Ouch...
(Here we see Wendy communing with the dead amongst them, in her mourning dress--and also a football helmet, 'cos I'm not stupid.)

Spoiler

My personal nickname for that one is "Costume Quest Gone Wrong" because I'm a dark-ass bastard sometimes apparently.

And here's Wendy's quote about those raisins:

• Raisins.pngRaisins- "Life is a swirling abyss of suffering and disappointment."

(plays world's tiniest violin)

Another Hallowed Nights' favourite from her:

• Faux Fangs.pngFaux Fangs- "Now Webber and I can match."

...awww?  XD

And last but not least, from Shipwrecked:

emococonuts.png.c996366146f5835189d4e438ccb52b9c.png

Wendy gets emo over cutting a coconut in half for breakfast.  : P

...Notorious

being a wendy boy these are some of my favorites.

Potters wheel "That looks.....f-fun."
potters wheel filled "Abigail... You be Death, I'll be the Sculptor..."
Robot trinket "We warned you wx to not drink bottles labeled "drink me""
Hammering a active bee mine "Bees! Maybe I'm allergic!",
open gift while on beefalo "Can someone help me down... I have a present to open.",
glass spike  "My warped reflection stares back at me with malice.",
wx ghost "Say \"Pretty Please\" and I might get you a heart, %s.",

the woodie interactions are pretty fun too
 BEAVER = "He pinky-promised I'd get to ride on his shoulders. Such lies.",

GOOSE ="Hah... you look so silly I almost... well, never mind.",

REVIVER = "Abigail likes you, %s. But she likes Lucy more."
glommer "Well aren't you a happy little fuzzball. Die.",

warly pvp or boomerang "What if he was just fattening us up, all along?",

GIFTWRAP = "Abby... how do I make the ribbon curly?"

starcaller in moonbase STAFFED = "Perhaps it thirsts for a sacrifice. Where's Webber...",

and this last one is dark if it was possible to examine maxwells minions
SHADOWDIGGER = "Was he your brother?" since the brother probably burried abigail

@Auth, Wigfrid quotologist, you say? :O I was checking out random threads in the General Discussion topic and your rank just caught my eye. :)) 

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

frog.thumb.png.a3a9a1928eaae2008ec5e45b5c1b5206.png

Hide contents

frog1.PNG.3f36d67a03ef5dfcf575c8e73aa1dd74.PNG

Also, I like how the first thing Wigfrid thinks of is frog boots to wear instead of frog legs to eat. It's so random!

image.png.119d53c8f86b9b0c8497fa3fa798dd8c.png

WAIT, I just realized this (I actually didn't know there were canaries in the game until I saw this), but fun fact for anyone who doesn't know: These quotes are in reference to the early 20th century when miners kept caged canaries in the caves they worked in as warning signs of gas poisoning. If the canaries fell ill or died, the miners would know to evacuate since the poison's effects worked on humans slower than on the birds. 

Interesting reference.

43 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

wow, you can put a sign on the mast?

It's most likely placed behind the mast. Though I wish you could put a name on a mast, I've tried to name a boat before but I had no space to place a sign.

Archived