why does ice sink?

2 minutes ago, Notecja said:

probably game counts it as rock, instead of what it should be. Actually I would welcome little little reality and stop ice from sinking.

instead I would ask to make hounds teeth sinkable...

but teeths are not so heavy, if i would see a teeth float i would not be surprised

5 minutes ago, gaymime said:

ice sinks because shipwreck would crash if all the ice did not melt when it landed in the ocean. dst was made using a lot of the same code and so ice does melt in dst too

but isnt the "ice" from shipwrecked hail, that needs to be fused to make ice? I havent played much shipwrecked so im likely wrong

13 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

but isnt the "ice" from shipwrecked hail, that needs to be fused to make ice? I havent played much shipwrecked so im likely wrong

it is hail but it is the same item type as ice, sorry i shortcutted to keep it succinct. refined hail and unrefined hail both sink though XD

9 minutes ago, Well-met said:

probably for the same reason a person can eat infinite stacks of ice in a moment with no health penalty

this is not something to say clever, we do not need that much of reality you talk just nonsense. and we need at least this much of physics.

52 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

To be fair, ice in real life is dedicated as a rock. 

To also throw your head through a twirl, melted rock is lava. Ice is a rock. Water is magma. We also DRINK that said water. 

WE ARE LAVA MONSTERS!

Your Welcome!

Sincerely,

Cactus

Don't eat raw green mushrooms. :D

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

It sure is a weird mystery. All inventory items float by default, so they had to go out of their way to make ice sink. I guess the devs just consider ice to be a rock? Ice's file is called "inv_rocks_ice" after all so shrug.

and salt is a saltrock 

7 hours ago, Bluepufferfish said:

DST's ocean is actually just burning hot and that's why players die when they fall in it, not because they can't swim. 

They don't really die, they just wash up to the closest shore. Please don't traumatize me for the times I've abandoned ship as Wurt to get to the shore I desired.

Archived