If we could go to the moon, what would you like to see?

So we can go down to the depths of the constant, but know where we cant go? Up. Is the new character going to be a moon person that is far different from wormwood (a combination of moon and Constant)? Will we get Lunar skins to allow adjustment to the lunar environments? New lunar ruins? New lunar pseudoscience stations and crafts?

What if some of the ancients managed to escape to the moon and the species as whole was not wiped out? Is the new character an only surviving ancient? 

Sorry I couldn't contain my enthusiasm when I thought of this idea.

Most importantly: Does Charlie have enough power to invade the moon? Will "They" arrive and take the war to their home turf?

So we finds ruins that were completely intact by the corruption of shadow fuel. What if the mysterious energy is a portal that was made just in time?

I would like to see an extension to the forgotten library and pseudoscience alternate crafts. If the moon caller staff is one of them, what would the others be? I would also see a revamp of the lunar biome. One that note, what if everything we've seen so far have been smaller tastes for what awaits us? 

I would love to see more veggi transformations... Wait... Is RWYS also preparing us for farming on the moon? Will Wormwood get the moon animal friends we've all wanted?! Lmao I need to control my hype and set it within reasonable expectations... 

Unpopular opinion: More Lunar Horrors.

This was a “theme” Klei was starting- a theme that clearly screams “hey this happy peaceful place isn’t as peaceful as its leading itself on to be.”

Just watch the movie fantasy island it explains everything.

But, Klei has stated that Lunar Horrors weren’t well received and that they didn’t fit the direction of the game, so I doubt we’re gonna see more of those (Mighty Max Toys style..)

Spoiler

0FDE026C-1E31-4B09-8704-1894E657ADCB.jpeg.f7e9657387ade370c430b57d5e719296.jpeg

Horror mobs.

I always felt DS was a weird and slightly morbid franchise anyway so it fits- But devs says no & I’m not one to dispute that so instead I would like to see more Geshalt and Shadow Monster TYPES..

Things that in particular: are going to be a challenge to Wendy the most (so people can finally shut about how OP she is)

And I don’t just mean easily avoidable mobs.. something on the level of Spider Queens made entirely of Shadows/Geshalt energy that Abigail won’t help Wendy fight AT ALL.

7 minutes ago, Notecja said:

"If we could go to the moon, what would you like to see?"

Pufts Lots of Glommers, their homes, their babies, lots of these fun Glommer flowers...

Wow, that is a great idea! What if taking glommer to the moon transform him though... to something... Dangerous and grotesque. Its kinda far from the moon so it would be more subdued.

Imagine tons of glommer insects with sharp fangs and elongated feet. Swarming throughout the moon.

15 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Wow, that is a great idea! What if taking glommer to the moon transform him though... to something... Dangerous and grotesque. Its kinda far from the moon so it would be more subdued.

Imagine tons of glommer insects with sharp fangs and elongated feet. Swarming throughout the moon.

Now I want scary Moon-Glommer swarms to fight/run away from!

I also want something nasty to fly out of the celestial fissures during new moon/full moon on lunar island.

As much as I despise Shadow Monkeys I like the whole mechanic of them transforming from harmless (well.... massive thieves but they don't aggro or attack you unless provoked) into highly aggressive. Would be cool to get a lunar mob that are similar but are maybe actually helpful or beneficial to be around while in their base state but become highly aggressive after transforming like monkeys. Would give you more incentive to actually be around the mob and interact with it (maybe shavable like Beefalo so the drops aren't from killing the enemy?) at the right time to do so.

If we went to the actual moon as a biome I would want it to be very unique with its own set of both flora and fauna, even if its just moon skins for flowers, trees etc but they have the same drops. There should be some unique flora though of course and all the creatures should obviously be new and unique. Would love for there to be a Gestalt or moon boss and a bunch of new craftables too.

19 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If the "moon" creates abominations as seen on the lunar island just from a small fragment of it falling I most certainly would not want to go to the source.

Don't be scared, Ill even hold your hand all the way there.

;)

11 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Eldrich horror stuff and insects like glommer

Maybe ruins from lunatics (luna means moon. Do you ge it? xD) and a boss with the shape of yog soggoth

" We see eldrich horror stuff and insects are not well receveid,   here take a happy music meanwhile you can farm your crops on the moon! "

Lots and lots of pretty pretty and unique flowers with pretty lights like its heaven. a magnificent place then there will be the dark side of the moon where unexplainable horror lies. Its like masking the ugly with fake prettiness. That would be cool ig

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

Bring on the Cronenbergs, I love body horror.

979713852_Wilsonanimaymayculture.thumb.png.f6b937d7ae7d220651b1f0d785198bec.png.22fee3fd23886985c8416a7ad1f2e210.png

Back on topic, i would assume there would be more of the minerals of wormwood core, which should be scarce as a chunk of the moon fall on the Constant yet no similar crystals. So these crystals can give life to inactive things from the Constant or can also give life to inactive stuff on the moon, not confirm as the only life, Wormwood reacted with the vines. 

Assuming the crystals are hard to get and there will probably be boss/bosses and critters in ur way, there is a potential that you can use this crystals to give life to inactive objects - creating npcs that can be good /bad or neutral at a huge cost 

Guys.. I would like for you to look at what moon magic does to ALREADY existing stuff in this game- and then sit here and then try to tell me that moon magic needs to be these happy peaceful buzzing critters..

Lets use a few examples shall we? Full Moon nights (and not BLACK Moon nights) trigger Pigmen to become hostile Werepigs, Full Moon nights summon dead angry ghosts, full moon nights have disembodied pig & Merm heads hung on a stick reanimate back to life, (in single player DS it also caused mutated gigantic mushroom trees to spawn) There is a clear “Creepiness factor” to having full moons

The chunk of moon that landed in the oceans of DST began mutating the land- Spiders become shattered spiders, carrots became carrats, zombie hounds & zombie penguins, prehistoric freaky looking dead fish.. the moon gave wormwood life and made him a walking plant boy, it’s mutated our crops to these gigantic alienish things that can spawn a lord of fruit flies boss.

You can EVEN Argue that because HAMLET was in the clouds above DST (and thus closer to the moon..) Pigs became scary intelligent, Plants became hostile living beings, Splumonkey and Spiders merged into mutated SpiderApe things... entire biomes became hazardous land fields then there’s also the cuteness that is Pog and the Aporkalypse that makes things even more horrifying.

I have NEVER trusted Gloomer... how am I supposed to know that it doesn’t Cocoon itself up and become something horrifying at some point?

It is very clear that Cute and Fluffy has NEVER been the moons motive.. 

Archived