If we could go to the moon, what would you like to see?

On 2/9/2021 at 11:54 PM, Mike23Ua said:

But, Klei has stated that Lunar Horrors weren’t well received and that they didn’t fit the direction of the game,

Unfortunatelly that's pretty much a lie.

Lunar mutants were VERY well received by the community and we were all waiting for more of the creepy content.

Then a loud minority, that probably doesn't even make 5% of the playerbase, decided to whine about how Klei didn't include an option to turn the mutants off.

Klei, obviously, instead of including said option decided to scrap the whole idea.

Wouldn't be surprised if their chinease partners had something to do with it since blood and gore is a taboo in China.

And saying that it didn't fit the game is a poor excuse. Lunar mutants went through idea phase, concept art phase, gameplay and sound design phase, were part of a trailer and even drawn on art streams. That was quite a lot of time to think about them, Klei.

Not to mention that the original 3 are still in the game, so you didn't gain anything but an annoyed community.

9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Lunar mutants were VERY well received by the community and we were all waiting for more of the creepy content.

Then a loud minority, that probably doesn't even make 5% of the playerbase, decided to whine about how Klei didn't include an option to turn the mutants off.

Klei, obviously, instead of including said option decided to scrap the whole idea.

Wouldn't be surprised if their chinease partners had something to do with it since blood and gore is a taboo in China.

And saying that it didn't fit the game is a poor excuse. Lunar mutants went through idea phase, concept art phase, gameplay and sound design phase, were part of a trailer and even drawn on art streams. That was quite a lot of time to think about them, Klei.

Not to mention that the original 3 are still in the game, so you didn't gain anything but an annoyed community.

How much agree with all of these. As a fan of lovecraftian horrors and older don't starve, i don't get why it wasn't well receveid when the game was/is based on that, many people during this, which was the first update of the return of them if i'm not mistaken, were super intrigued about the idea, remembering everyone making theories about this lore,story,ambient of moon ecc....  

Even now, in this post many people would see in the moon, a planet full of beauty with a contrast of horror. Imagine me and my friends who always play the game living under a rock, without seeing any teasers or anyting from the community and see our disappointment in the forgotten knowledge update, that terrifying lunar tremors doesn't exist or any other known cave animals in lunar form. The statement form Klei was the nail in the coffin. In the end i see i'm not the only one who feel only a 5% of people dislike it the idea. 

However i don't want to be mean to those 5% or the chinese community, so i wanna ask, why Klei didn't add an option " Creepy = OFF "  ??? Where it substitute with normal sprites? Horror hounds became a purple/blue hounds, mutant pengulls became a cyan pengulls instead of a dismember pengull, ecc.... 

16 minutes ago, Milordo said:

Horror hounds and pengulls were the best mob desing since hamlet, lunar grotto is cool but at the end is filled with "kind looking" mobs and i fear that this will ne the theme for the moon since now just because they listen a minority instead of adding your idea to make every body happy

Im curious about all the ideas they just throw to the rubbish because that few people that get scared of mobs in a videogame that has an atmosphere dark and lovecraft like. Grounded has settings for aracnophobic people but still being silly to play a game with insencs and other bugs when you have that phobia

Idk. Is as silly as complaining about wwii guns in a shooter game because your grandpa die there or something

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Horror hounds and pengulls were the best mob desing since hamlet, lunar grotto is cool but at the end is filled with "kind looking" mobs and i fear that this will ne the theme for the moon since now just because they listen a minority instead of adding your idea to make every body happy

Im curious about all the ideas they just throw to the rubbish because that few people that get scared of mobs in a videogame that has an atmosphere dark and lovecraft like. Grounded has settings for aracnophobic people but still being silly to play a game with insencs and other bugs when you have that phobia

Idk. Is as silly as complaining about wwii guns in a shooter game because your grandpa die there or something

As the advocate for all things spooky- I have to defend these lunar horrors, my dads a horror story writer I grew up watching horror movies I am drawn to “fictional horror”

real world horror- I can’t even handle the sight of my own blood when I accidentally step on glass or something.. I HATE shot needles and WILL most certainly pass out.

But comic books, movies, video games, horror make-up: All of that I’m fine with because I know it’s all computer graphics, paint, words written in a book or drawn etc..

I grew up collecting Mighty Max Toys (Klei should be highly familiar with them because Mighty Max originated from Canada) I had every single last one of these play sets as a kid. MCDONALDS even sold a few of them as limited time Happy Meal toys at one point.

So it’s disheartening to say the least that they would deem the Lunar Horrors a quote “direction unfitting of the game.”

What SHOULD have happened is they should’ve done Lunar Horrors anyway.. and instead of adding those into the game By Default: Have them available as their own free DLC pack (so players who want to see them looking that way have to actually go to the store and BUY/Download that content pack, While for everyone who opts NOT to install the visual DLC: Everything looks more acceptable to them.

There are several games that have done completely optional dlc installs so DST wouldn’t be the first. In fact if I remember Correctly: The first Blood & Cursing filter was available as an optional install for Gears of War franchise.

However: I want Klei & everyone who whines about the designs of certain things to seriously consider SKINS/Belongings.

You can add an optional DLC filter for people who want to see Horror Variants on the games mobs, and for those who don’t want to see that content- just don’t install the dlc that provides the graphic for it problem solved.. But what you CAN’T control is the skins/belonging/base designs of other people.. and the creepier base building options Klei provides me: The more Gothic & Gloomy my worlds are going to look.. Unless they Also want to go through the trouble of providing people a filter for what skins they do/don’t see others using.

This isn’t just an issue with HORROR monsters either, some people can’t handle GROSS OUT HUMOR either (as in Snot) in fact: I would prefer not seeing that while trying to play the game and eat real food.

But there’s no filter to turn off the snot bubbles on Molebat.

There IS A filter to Turn off Ewecus- but by doing that I disable all the craftables associated with Ewecus.

Just food for thought to give the community & Dev’s something to think about.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

There IS A filter to Turn off Ewecus- 

WHAT!?! There is a filter to turn off Ewecus???? And today they added one for the heads bobbin in the menu,                                                            then why there isn't one for the "Creepy" ????

14 minutes ago, Milordo said:

WHAT!?! There is a filter to turn off Ewecus???? And today they added one for the heads bobbin in the menu,                                                            then why there isn't one for the "Creepy" ????

Yes: Turn off surprises during hunts, and it also turn off Ewecus (trust me I play around with these world Gen settings a lot)

Unfortunately: If you turn off hunt surprises you also turn off Varg, and any associated loot (Ewecus hair for Beefalo Tools)

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yes: Turn off surprises during hunts, and it also turn off Ewecus (trust me I play around with these world Gen settings a lot)

Unfortunately: If you turn off hunt surprises you also turn off Varg, and any associated loot (Ewecus hair for Beefalo Tools)

But that isnt the same feature that the commented above. We were talking about filters to censor horror things like how Grounded makes spiders less realistic (to the point of being just balls) so people with some kind of weird phobia that is affected by these mobs can still playing without making klei change their cool plans of adding cool stuff for his Lovecraft inspired game because that little portion of players of a Lovecraft inspired game make noise

15 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Yeah, when they were first introduced I was like HOLY **** THATS SCARY AND AWESOME especially with how the hounds reanimate, still one of my favorite things in the game (someone ping a dev so they read this stuff smh)

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

For me... Maybe new minerals? Possibly medicine?

We see different gems in wormwood, black, pink, so there's gotta be more gems up there. I would also love more healing that isn't food. All we have at the moment are 3 types of craftable healing medicine and god knows how much healing food. 

On 2/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Unpopular opinion: More Lunar Horrors.

This was a “theme” Klei was starting- a theme that clearly screams “hey this happy peaceful place isn’t as peaceful as its leading itself on to be.”

Just watch the movie fantasy island it explains everything.

But, Klei has stated that Lunar Horrors weren’t well received and that they didn’t fit the direction of the game, so I doubt we’re gonna see more of those (Mighty Max Toys style..)

Reveal hidden contents

0FDE026C-1E31-4B09-8704-1894E657ADCB.jpeg.f7e9657387ade370c430b57d5e719296.jpeg

Horror mobs.

I always felt DS was a weird and slightly morbid franchise anyway so it fits- But devs says no & I’m not one to dispute that so instead I would like to see more Geshalt and Shadow Monster TYPES..

Things that in particular: are going to be a challenge to Wendy the most (so people can finally shut about how OP she is)

And I don’t just mean easily avoidable mobs.. something on the level of Spider Queens made entirely of Shadows/Geshalt energy that Abigail won’t help Wendy fight AT ALL.

I like the notion or horror mobs.

The lunar island does need more though, there's only a few things to see. I want to love spending more time there, maybe even bring out another NPC race like the rabbits or the pig men. 

2 hours ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

I want more scary creatures! I made another concept art for more abominations!

Hide contents

266295022_Horrorhound2backgroundPink.thumb.png.bd94e4ddbb979c8867edc169fd0c40c6.png

Ohhhhh.... we need an activity on the lunar island that will warp the map and it's inhabitants. Like everything from rabbits to pig people become twisted. Maybe some bad stuff becomes good stuff. Make friends with the warped giants and fear the bunnies.

Spoiler

Attention, this is just a joke update that I would like to see it! This is my interpretation and it's not true!

Greetings, everyone!

Today we are releasing a new update that will take you to the Moon! You have been asking for this for a long time, so we decided to implement it!

To get to the Moon, you will need to upgrade the lunar platform with the new thing "Moon Eye." This thing will turn the platform into a portal, so you can get to the Moon!!!
image.png.779481d1c616b0bb7d3c94b62acb42b9.png
The moon is not yet filled with content, so all the creatures and plants that are on the moon island are saved there. But we also added a new species, which we call "Royal Gestalt".
image.png.6f7c06a21ad882392ce9a4a2b25d4263.png
Are you also ready to find the mysterious creature that tried to contact you? If yes, then go ahead and find him!
image.png.dc6a8b869732b37e37c291104ce6ca91.png

When you search the Moon, don't forget to return to the ruins! You should restore the balance of light and dark energy in the worlds! Restore and upgrade the Ancient Gate! Have fun with this!
image.png.6de49c24063ac47177452cae5ebe470e.png 

Now you have a difficult choice. The creature offers to erase this world, which will destroy it for good and you will live on the Moon forever.. Or do you want to free the long-lost Gate Keepers to save this world and imprison the shadow forces in the home dimension? You have a choice!
image.png.f405a7c41c674fdb1cea1d04b388b469.png

On 2/9/2021 at 5:07 PM, HowlVoid said:

Wow, that is a great idea! What if taking glommer to the moon transform him though... to something... Dangerous and grotesque. Its kinda far from the moon so it would be more subdued.

Imagine tons of glommer insects with sharp fangs and elongated feet. Swarming throughout the moon.

Like this?

There's already one Bloodborne reference in the game might as well go ham. (Yes Klei I read your item descriptions. I saw that line about the brooch.)

I mean yeah I do get spooked a bit by the gore of the moon pengul but I love how creepy it is and I would love to see how scary they can go. Monsters with large fangs or exposed bones showing a bit of a mess or just moon glass inside, and they all walk creepy as they follow your player ready to scare the living daylights out of you.

Archived