[Poll] What characters should get a refresh?

[Poll] What characters should get a refresh?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Choose THREE characters

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • (W)axwell
    • Wagstaff
    • Webber
    • Walani
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Wilba

What characters should get refresh in your opinion and why?

I heard that Wolfgang is coming eitherway this year, so my two other choices are Maxwell and Walani. Maxwell feels like he need a strong boost nowadays, as he is mostly a harvester :(
Walani is my second choice because we have so much content around the ocean now. I'd love to explore the ocean without large boat.

REMINDER. Warly was NOT a DLC, but a Refresh, which is why I included characters from DLC. However Wormwood is an exception from this case since he is part of reward from Hamlet.

Edited: Forgot to check "multiple" for the poll...

I would choose Webber, Wolfgang and WX-78 in that order. Webber is in dire need of one because of how much his character lacks compared to everyone else. Wolfgang because I think he is the easiest one to refresh out of the big 3 (due to having bland abilities that can be expanded upon). And for WX I just want to see what would happen

Also in your poll you put pick 3, but I can only choose one option

Wicker, since they already tweaked some stuff, might as well do it already. 

Webber, because he is pretty stale. 

Maxwell, same as Webber. 

I feel the same with WX and Wolfgang. But I can wait for those two. 

Edit: I would totally be thrilled if Wilba or any other vanilla DS got ported, but we'll see. 

Where is Wes?

The April’s fools refresh was... well, an April’s fools joke (nothing changed, they just did a funny animation). He will get a real refresh eventually.

As for the ones I want, I’d love to see Wicker , Maxwell and Webber. But realistically and for lore reasons I suspect Maxwell and Wilson will be among the last ones. 

So if I had to guess I’d guess this year it could be Webber, Wes and WX, being those 3 the most lacking right now IMO.

I think who needs the rework the most is wx, has no sense to lose gears from noob players or players that leaves the world because one character can get an stupid and unfun amount of stats. There is plenty of gears in the ruins for each time you defeat fw but that is only done by a few % of players. Isnt a very good teamplay character

Also, maybe wes could have a rework so people stop writing non sense comments about he wasting resources. Make him harder but with few useful perks

About weeber, he doesnt really need one, isnt like the dst woodie and willow, he works fine but isnt op like other characters reworked. Could be good for the spidey boy to have more perks and interactions to match the other survivors

I’m stuck between 4 actually. With the new farming changes I feel that Wicker, Wolf and WX could use some nice changes but I just feel Webber is kind of stale.

Maybe add more to the upgrade mechanic for WX. Instead of gears just being a stat stick for him add some new “parts” like turning one of his arms into a cannon that shoots gunpowder idk lol 

14 minutes ago, Warpspeed10 said:

Maybe Wilson will finally find the knowledge that he sought when he built that blasted device in the first place.

He have it. It know how to make the science machine, alchemy engine, presdihatitator and the shadow manipulator

Lorewise, he knows it because of maxwell but it ended being something shared for all the characters when klei started to change the game and added more characters

Why is Wes not in the list? I think he totally deserves a rework this year. In fact, Webber, Maxwell and Wes would make a good rework trio this year. I know they did that Salt themed April fools joke out of it but clearly Klei knows that it wasn't serious, proven by the fact that his original skins still retain Elegant status rather than being upgraded to Heirloom and getting weavable variants. 

For sure this will be an unpopular opinion but I want Wolfgang to get a rework sooner rather than later (maybe after Webber) simply so the Wigfrid hate will stop.. hate her being referred to as a Weaker Wolfgang all the time. Her rework certainly helped in that regard and made her more unique but Wolf honestly needs to be a little bit less strong (or at least be given other new perks so he isn't just the combat master) to balance things out not just for Wigfrid but for every character. I would give him a 1.5 damage modifier instead of 2 as the only nerf but would add several minor things like they did with Wig to give him more utility and power in other areas in or outside of combat.

Webber and WX are my other picks. I want a WX refresh pretty badly so he's more exciting to play solo and webber just really deserves one.

Archived