Happy Holidays, From Klei!

12 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

I'll cross em so many times they'll break left and right

Well, I did find this in the description for the short

"If people enjoy this sort of thing, we have some other projects we’ve done and are interested in making that we may release down the road as other standalone shorts."

So it's very likely that it may happen.

11 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

11 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

"If people enjoy this sort of thing, we have some other projects we’ve done and are interested in making that we may release down the road as other standalone shorts."

O_o das good. 

Gonna be honest though I prefer music as their voices, but that doesn't mean they didn't do a phenomenal job with this one. 

10 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

O_o das good. 

Gonna be honest though I prefer music as their voices, but that doesn't mean they didn't do a phenomenal job with this one. 

It may be because you're used to hearing music as their voices, if you showed this short to a person who had never heard about Don't Starve and didn't know the characters voices were instruments and then showed them the instrument voices they would (Probably) say the same thing.

I DID NOT expect this. I was playing when I decided to check twitter and oh my god. I just can't handle this. I'm not sure I will be able to sleep tonight from all this excitement. This is one of the best gifts I could ever receive- and I'm already waiting for my Klei plushies. 

It feels good to be obsessed with a game which creators care for once...

2 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

It may be because you're used to hearing music as their voices, if you showed this short to a person who had never heard about Don't Starve and didn't know the characters voices were instruments and then showed them the instrument voices they would (Probably) say the same thing.

Yeah you're probably right. I like the instrument idea thing so I probably have a part of me inside that doesn't like change aha. 

14 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

I actually like hearing the voices of characters and if a tv series was made I would want real voice actors over the musical instruments, it’s silly and fine for the game itself- but unless they did it like really really old silent movies I would hate them not having voice overs.

My sister is in here 20’s & still can’t read very well at all.. so voice acting really helps read things for people like her that she can’t read. (she has dyslexia) 

I can read, but I can’t read large walls of text that pop up and disappear too quickly so a tv series that relied on musical instruments and TONS of reading is a no from me..

And even though Voice Overs will feel kind of awkward, it will be less reading (or guessing what the characters are trying to say) with real voice overs.

"if peaple enjoy that sort of thing, we have some other projects we've done"

oh please, show them, this is just FANTASTIC!

i cant believe how something simple as choping trees and summoning a treeguard have become such an amazing short! please continue it! 

edit :for me the best part was maxwell the story teller

Here goes what will probably be an extremely unpopular post and opinion..

I really liked the short and the actual content included (lyrics, graphics etc) and would love more of this sort of thing from Klei but I couldn't really dig the voices especially Willow. Way too high pitched and just yeah... doesn't match her actual character at all for me. Wilson's voice was much better but still not great for his character. It gave me the vibe of early morning shows for children (the voices that is nothing else).

If an animated series was made and the voices were similar to these ones there is no way I would watch it unfortunately.

Why not keep the instrumental voices? Have subtitles or speech bubbles or something for each character. I'd prefer this to actual voices especially if they're going to be catered towards kids as well as older audiences which I imagine will be the case.

I'd love more shorts like this from Klei but to be completely honest I think a tv show would ultimately be a bad idea and would potentially ruin or damage the IP for many of us. I feel like the overall feel and vibe of the series would change so that its more kid friendly. Also they would need to add more lore as the lore we have is very mysterious and has lots of gaps allowing for players own perception and head canon while bits and pieces are slowly revealed. In a show they would need to have a strong plot that moves forward and I could definitely see them revealing or giving away details that don't really gel that well with what we see in the game or the overall story we are all currently used to.

Oh also it would obviously split Klei's focus and I'd rather as much focus be on the game as possible.

If it was genuinely made without children in mind whatsoever like Archer, Bojack, F is for Family etc (not in any way similar as far as content or humour etc simply the way they are made purely for adults) then I could see it potentially being really great but I doubt that would ever be the case given the type of graphics used in the series.

I've just woke up to see this. You guys aren't our favorite game developers for no reason, I'm glad I sticked to your content for so much years and I'll be looking forward the future of your games and unique creativity, happy Winter's Feast ! :encouragement:

Archived