[Poll] Which characters DON'T you like?

A friendly reminder: they're all murderous, don't be sorry!  

379 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters DON'T you like?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter
    • Mod characters
    • I like them all and I would hug every one of them :3

3 hours ago, stranger again said:

what does a wendy player do to troll?

what make abigail kill glommer?

or are we just talking about using torchs and hammers as wendy?

torches and stealing from chests and turning off flingos and opening the gates. the usual fare but like it is always done in the same sketchy way, yanno? most come in default(though not all), either summon abi and then collect the materials for a torch or collect the materials for a torch then summon abi, check all of the chests once or twice, often stealing the best stuff/least flammable stuff then turning off any flingos and lighting the place up. sometimes they spend the time when things are burning opening gates or sometimes they leave right away but it is close to the same each time

actually trolls tend to do the same things as other trolls using the same characters. it is kind of fascinating though generally still crummy simply by the nature of the trolling itself

in the moderated pubs hammers are generally not left around base X''D that is asking for trouble and if the pub is clever torches arent either(though lanterns would often be in those cases) so the troll in question would have to take the time to gather and build a torch which is time enough for any regs or mods to say hullo and get a feel out; quiet players are likely to be trolling

I don't like how this poll doesn't ask me HOW i don't like certain characters (sorry for my bad english tho)
Am i supposed to list characters that i don't like in terms of their lore? If so i would list charlie and maybe wendy.(it's not like i HATE wendy's lore, for me is just, bland.)
Am i supposed to list characters that i don't like in terms of their balance? If so I would just list meta characters for obvious reasons and i would also list wendy, webber (give him the goddamn rework :v) and maybe wigfrid i think.
Or am i supposed to list characters that i just don't like to play? If so then i would just put wilson and wes.

But i don't like modded characters in terms of... everything :v (except porting SW and HAM characters to DST and vice versa)

19 hours ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

- If you want to have default speed modifier in your base: Wurt
- If you want to survive 4 days without the need of fire in winter and icebox/endothermic fire in summer: Wurt
- If you want to sail, but drown a lot: Wurt
- If you like to use the swamp as your hound attack / deerclops protection: Wurt sounds good.

• If you´re looking for speed you have WX-78
  • You can´t do that during your first year and by the second year you have the hibearnation vest and the eyebrella/caves
  • By the time you go sailing you should have boat patches or if you don´t and like sailing in the early game you have Winona´s tape or could just go Woodie, turn into the weregoose and explore the ocean that way
  • Any character can bait hounds into tentacles/merms

54 minutes ago, Paribean said:

If you´re looking for speed you have WX-78

what if you play solo¿

will you spam telelocator focus?

having access to a cheap "cobblestone" is very good

her merm warriors are the most useful befriending mobs in the entire game

54 minutes ago, Paribean said:
  • You can´t do that during your first year and by the second year you have the hibearnation vest and the eyebrella/caves
  • By the time you go sailing you should have boat patches or if you don´t and like sailing in the early game you have Winona´s tape or could just go Woodie, turn into the weregoose and explore the ocean that way

winona and woodies doesnt have access to all the other wurt perks

i dont know why that much hate for wurt when is one of the best characters for long term worlds

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont know why that much hate for wurt when is one of the best characters for long term worlds

My problem with late game characters is that by the time they catch up, most of the world's problems have been solved, the game has been beaten, life is sitting in a lounger drinking tea, and we don't need an 11th bee crown. 

6 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

My problem with late game characters is that by the time they catch up, most of the world's problems have been solved, the game has been beaten, life is sitting in a lounger drinking tea, and we don't need an 11th bee crown. 

ye, if you play to beat the game then isnt your character but for base building is great. At the end you will need that 11th beequeen crown to keep playing

wurt is a character that makes so noticeable the progression

11 minutes ago, stranger again said:

well im pretty sure wurt doesn't have a gender(aren't they female tho?im not sure)

my bad, is a little girl

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

what if you play solo¿

will you spam telelocator focus?

You can always repair the closest ancient pseudoscience station and hammer down the rest or hammer them to the last point of them breaking (if you don´t intend on using them anymore that is) for some free lightning, might be wasteful, but you can alway regenerate the ruins. As to why hate wurt it´s because she´s a pretty uninspired character, lore wise and gameplay wise, since well the ability to befriend hostile mobs or being attacked by pigmen on sight isn´t anything new, being taken from Webber or even her being vegetarian which is a perk that I´m pretty sure everyone has thought of for a character ever since Wigfrid was released. the only somewhat new perks of hers are her relationship with water and the expansion of Webber´s ability by being able to make merm houses. Lore wise it´s that, like Wortox, she´s another random character who just happens to tag along for no reason.

1 minute ago, Paribean said:

You can always repair the closest ancient pseudoscience station and hammer down the rest or hammer them to the last point of them breaking

in single player, in dst there is no thunders anymore

ok, is your opinion, im having fun with her. Maybe you didnt try her because for me changes the way of playing the game

3 hours ago, Paribean said:
  • If you´re looking for speed you have WX-78

WX's overcharge can't even be compared, it is so much better - scales with roads, has lightning and freezing protection, but maybe you are someone who doesn't play with wickerbottom, maybe someone new to the game who can't just run to the ruins for a bit of lightning for few days.

45 minutes ago, Paribean said:

but you can alway regenerate the ruins

No, I can't. Many players can't.

You can´t do that during your first year and by the second year you have the hibearnation vest and the eyebrella/caves

You can do it the first year in summer; hibernation vest takes up a chest slot (i prefer backpack). Beefalo hat (the same insulation) is much more easy to get and more viable for me, but it still doesn't last 4 days without any heat source. You still need to sit at a fire every day. And in summer, maybe i have my ruins explored and want to explore something else - like the ocean. Or i want to upgrade my base. Again eyebrella doesn't keep you cool for 4 days.

By the time you go sailing you should have boat patches or if you don´t and like sailing in the early game you have Winona´s tape or could just go Woodie, turn into the weregoose and explore the ocean that way

I've been sailing on public with people - the boat breaks a lot. Or if I attempt crab king, maybe i can't keep up with the claws patching the boat. Are you judging the character only by your own skill? There are different skill levels in the player base, ya know?

Any character can bait hounds into tentacles/merms

Yeah, but not every character sees the tentacles, is friend with the merms and has the speed modifier. Not saying that I need it, but I think some players would find it useful.

I'm not saying that other character's can't do it, but I am saying these perks can make solid arguments as why to play her for broad skill level (or at least be a little plus). Especially the alternative to thermal stones and clothing. That's a big one.

1 hour ago, Paribean said:

As to why hate wurt it´s because she´s a pretty uninspired character

At least i agree on that one. As far as her quotes and personality are made at least. Her quotes often just copy wormwood's, they are both childish and very samey.

14 hours ago, Sapientis said:

I guess it's because apart from her personality there's not much to like.
After she's built her structures and manufactured her Trusty Tape playing her is pointless.
I personally love Winona's character, but I do believe she should get another loving update.

Thanks for taking the time to quote me and share your opinion.

Visual design-wise, I'm not a fan of Wolfgang. And his personality seems to clash with his playstyle quite a bit, unless I'm seriously missing something. Which I could be.

Playstyle design-wise, Walter needs some cohesiveness to not feel like a mod character filled with random features.

Not a huge fan of Willow in either respect. But that's 100% personal opinion.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:34 PM, Paribean said:

Picked Wurt for being pretty much a waste of spools/money. I mean you can really just do most things that Wurt does as any other character, maybe even better (besides befriending merms). If you want to chop trees faster you already have Woodie and Maxwell for that, if  you want automatic farms you have Winona and Wickerbottom. If you like the downside of not being able to eat meat, well you can do that as any other character. If you want a cutesy character to play as there´s already Webber and Wormwood (don´t know why we need a third). Plus I find it kinda sad that a dst exclusive character has less team synergy then a single player character like Wormwood, you could argue that Winona doesn´t have much synergy either, but atleast her tape can be used on bernie thus having some synergy with Willow. Then you look at Wurt and what does she have ? Fish and the ability to waste Wicker´s books. Why people play Wurt is beyond me.

1. "bUt MaxWelL aNd WodDiE arE betTeR thAN hEr" man, wurt is a late-game character, maxwell has limited amount of his shadows, woodie can make his chopping/gnawing whatever faster, unlike wurt, wurt can spam merm guards as much as she has the resources.
2. Some People don't like to use Wicker and Winona for these (+for Bee Queen fight) because they think it's not as fair as using merm guards
3. " If you like the downside of not being able to eat meat" - that's not the case, well, i personally like this as a downside since well, it's a downside, other character don't have these honestly, for example, wendy: yes she does have that 0.75 damage but when wendy hits the same thing which abigail does she deals 40% more damage, which neutralizes the said downsdie
4." If you want a cutesy character to play as there´s already Webber and Wormwood (don´t know why we need a third)." like, i don't really see a need to play a character only because the character is cute
5." Plus I find it kinda sad that a dst exclusive character has less team synergy then a single player character like Wormwood, you could argue that Winona doesn´t have much synergy either, but atleast her tape can be used on bernie thus having some synergy with Willow. Then you look at Wurt and what does she have ? Fish and the ability to waste Wicker´s books." well, having or not having a synergy doesn't make the entire character bad/good, let's look at maxwell, does he has a specific synergy, no? (maybe he has with character that can get insane fast af for nightmare fuel, but let's be honest, being insane is not a hard task to do) tHEn He iS a bAd CHarACtER, but he is still a great character without having any synergy.
6. "Why people play Wurt is beyond me." this reminds me of other guy when he doesn't like when someone plays a character he doesn't like but who it might be, hmmmmm...

56 minutes ago, wons said:

6. "Why people play Wurt is beyond me." this reminds me of other guy when he doesn't like when someone plays a character he doesn't like but who it might be, hmmmmm...

the one that says Wortox sucks cause he doesnt save time? (Honestly I forgot its name)

oh wait yeah you mean pickle rick

1 hour ago, wons said:

1. "bUt MaxWelL aNd WodDiE arE betTeR thAN hEr" man, wurt is a late-game character, maxwell has limited amount of his shadows, woodie can make his chopping/gnawing whatever faster, unlike wurt, wurt can spam merm guards as much as she has the resources.
2. Some People don't like to use Wicker and Winona for these (+for Bee Queen fight) because they think it's not as fair as using merm guards
3. " If you like the downside of not being able to eat meat" - that's not the case, well, i personally like this as a downside since well, it's a downside, other character don't have these honestly, for example, wendy: yes she does have that 0.75 damage but when wendy hits the same thing which abigail does she deals 40% more damage, which neutralizes the said downsdie
4." If you want a cutesy character to play as there´s already Webber and Wormwood (don´t know why we need a third)." like, i don't really see a need to play a character only because the character is cute
5." Plus I find it kinda sad that a dst exclusive character has less team synergy then a single player character like Wormwood, you could argue that Winona doesn´t have much synergy either, but atleast her tape can be used on bernie thus having some synergy with Willow. Then you look at Wurt and what does she have ? Fish and the ability to waste Wicker´s books." well, having or not having a synergy doesn't make the entire character bad/good, let's look at maxwell, does he has a specific synergy, no? (maybe he has with character that can get insane fast af for nightmare fuel, but let's be honest, being insane is not a hard task to do) tHEn He iS a bAd CHarACtER, but he is still a great character without having any synergy.

1. If you´re gathering wood in the late game well there´s always bearger or the reanimated skeleton, which any character can use and setting up merms houses in the early game is way too time consuming and resource costly compared to Maxwell´s or Woodie´s method of gathering logs.

2.Catapults are one of Winona´s perks (or tentacles in Wicker´s case), not using them is like going Wigfrid and making football helmets instead of her battle helmets and saying that battle helmets are not fair.

5. Maxwell can read Wickerbottom´s books for practically no downside, not to mention he has the second fastest way of gathering wood and wood is always of value, unlike the ability to make merms non hostile

6. The question was for the average public player as unless it´s an endless world or a world that survived atleast 2 years there´s no reason to play this character.

2 minutes ago, Paribean said:

1.       If you´re gathering wood in the late game well there´s always bearger or the reanimated skeleton, which any character can use and setting up merms houses in the early game is way too time consuming and resource costly compared to Maxwell´s or Woodie´s method of gathering logs

2.Catapults are one of Winona´s perks (or tentacles in Wicker´s case), not using them is like going Wigfrid and making football helmets instead of her battle helmets and saying that battle helmets are not fair.

1. like, sometimes bearger isn't always avalaible, or if you are me, who you completely ignore him because merms seems more fun to use, also i personally use the skeleton for free lightbulbs because i'm too lazy too go to the caves for bulbs and i didn't kill the fuelweaver yet on my world
2. idk ask those people not me i just remind you that they exist

I like most of the characters, because they're all pretty unique in their own ways. However, if I were to say which ones I liked less, it'd be Wurt and Wendy.

With Wurt, I just don't know much about her, except that she's a vegetarian, hates pigs, and loves candy.... I don't know, as far as I've heard or seen, it doesn't seem like there is much to her character thus far. 

With Wendy, as other people have mentioned already, it seems that the definition of her character is just "my sister died, and I'm sad and edgy." Then again, I also haven't looked too deep into her character yet, besides the fact that she seems to have developed a friendship with Webber of some sort and that she references Shakespeare a lot. Although, one of my friend's main is Wendy, and her playstyle looks pretty fun.

So, I guess whether I like a character or not is just based on how much I know about them and if there seems to be a lot to their character or not?

I hate Wortox with every fiber of my being.  He is such an overpowered and unbalanced character.  Does 20 health from 1 butterfly sound fair to you?  Along with teleporting,  he gets invincibility frames while teleporting.  And you're telling me he's a "balanced and fair character" suuuure.  His debuff isn't even strong enough to balance the character either.  And finally,  his original design of looking like a demon from German folklore was so much better than the furry design we got now.  But I guess that's just my personal preference.  I would say the only good thing about him is killing him in PVP to get health.

I mainly hate Winona because most people that play her are clueless about how to play her.  Plus I dislike how people use her as an excuse for why Wagstaff can't be added.  That is usually their only argument against why he can't be added.  Plus her buildings are only really useful in bulk.  You need at least 4-5 catapults for them to be useful.  The spotlight is also completely useless as well.

Wurt.  A character that I feel like doesn't belong in DST.  Her whole motif relies on her being alone and away from everyone else.  "Oh BuT sHe CaN mAkE dISgUiSeS"  but then she has to make them over and over again.  Plus she can be used as a trolling character by just building merm huts at base.

20 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Wurt.  A character that I feel like doesn't belong in DST.  Her whole motif relies on her being alone and away from everyone else.  "Oh BuT sHe CaN mAkE dISgUiSeS"  but then she has to make them over and over again.  Plus she can be used as a trolling character by just building merm huts as base.

befriended merms doesnt atack players so there is no need for disguises, you can fight with her with no danger

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

befriended merms doesnt atack players so there is no need for disguises, you can fight with her with no danger

Are the disguises for wild merms then?  Since whenever a wurt builds structures in worlds I host they always say that they have to make disguises whenever they try to put the buildings next to base.

Archived