[Poll] Which characters DON'T you like?

A friendly reminder: they're all murderous, don't be sorry!  

379 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters DON'T you like?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter
    • Mod characters
    • I like them all and I would hug every one of them :3

Only characters I actively dislike are Maxwell, Wes and Winona. Their entire design and aesthetic just doesn't do it for me at all.
All three I dislike both aesthetically and mechanically, there are other characters I might not enjoy playing as but I enjoy all the other characters aesthetic and design to some degree.

Winona looks awful and is just the character you change to when you want to build catapults. Maxwell is just too frail and badly needs his rework and Wes is the worst. If Wes didn't look horrendous (to me!) then I might actually want to play the "challenge" character. Also I get that being a mime is part of the challenge (no visual cues for seasonal bosses, hounds etc) but I love the character voice designs and amazing quotes so for me he is just completely lacking in that department where everyone else is not. I often like to examine things just for the quotes and to feel a bit more immersed in the game, also it gets lonely being a solo player, being mute would make that worse..

I'm not huge on Wurt, Willow, Woodie or Wicker but they all have their charm and interesting unique perks. I would love (and occasionally play) Woodie if not for Lucy...

Forgot to add; Mod characters are a huge no for me, even those that might be balanced don't fit the aesthetic and art style of the game which is unique and amazing. They are eyesores and generally overpowered or just really weird. I play on Console so they aren't an option anyway but even if they were I would never use them. The only time I might is one that is of a character that is actually in the game/series but is not playable like Characters from Hamlet/Shipwrecked or a really well done Charlie mod.

i used to hate wickerbottom cuz she were so op that almost required for a team (that's why i prefer to use mod that disable her).

and i hate wolfgang. he is ugly and basically just a better version of wigfrid(though after rework she is more team player)

that's imho ofc. and no intention to offend wiker and wolf mains.

wendy i cant take her voice pitch it hurts my ears

wx because its kinda boring like its just rush ruins realy

wes wes

mod because most of them are well not good like they dont look they fit in the game or are stats like broken or are just "look at my animu OC"

I really hate Maxwell and the lack of control most players have on theirs puppets. They just straight up destroy everything. TBH a good player with insight can make Maxwell works, but most Maxwell players are the lazy ones and just destroy trees and rocks and the world becomes blend and filled with stumps, logs and rock pebbles everywhere. Pick up your trashes Maxwells
>:(

23 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

I really hate Maxwell and the lack of control most players have on theirs puppets. They just straight up destroy everything. TBH a good player with insight can make Maxwell works, but most Maxwell players are the lazy ones and just destroy trees and rocks and the world becomes blend and filled with stumps, logs and rock pebbles everywhere. Pick up your trashes Maxwells

I wish they were like singleplayer version: basically doubling any work Max does, but only when he does it

I'd say Walter.

The character is honestly a mess when it comes to his upsides and downsides, since the upsides aren't that interesting besides Woby, and the downsides are annoying, it feels like Klei just decided at random what he gets to have.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:34 AM, Paribean said:

Picked Wurt for being pretty much a waste of spools/money. I mean you can really just do most things that Wurt does as any other character, maybe even better (besides befriending merms). If you want to chop trees faster you already have Woodie and Maxwell for that, if  you want automatic farms you have Winona and Wickerbottom. If you like the downside of not being able to eat meat, well you can do that as any other character. If you want a cutesy character to play as there´s already Webber and Wormwood (don´t know why we need a third). Plus I find it kinda sad that a dst exclusive character has less team synergy then a single player character like Wormwood, you could argue that Winona doesn´t have much synergy either, but atleast her tape can be used on bernie thus having some synergy with Willow. Then you look at Wurt and what does she have ? Fish and the ability to waste Wicker´s books. Why people play Wurt is beyond me.

because idk what you mean she is a better resource gatherer than maxwell and woodie because for woodie her merms are more versatile than just chopping and mining and for maxwell her merms are more easier to tame so her merms are already good. and for saying shes a rehash of other characters this is simply untrue because her playstyle is one of the most unique for the fact that webber doesn't delve too much too much on being a faction since spiders are so one dimensional and saying her veganism and for saying stuff like you can just add veganism as a challenge to yourself well same could go wigfrid. the team player point does stand but she can craft masks for other survivors kinda making that point kinda useless since she can make anyone a master resource gatherer just by giving them a mask. with merm king it is more of a late game thing but it buffs her significantly and same goes with warrior merms and the merm king makes tentacle spots easier to obtain, and her veganism thing is kinda a joke since rwys but this post was made before that so benefit of the doubt to that one. she has one of the most unique playstyles starting off slow but payoff being tremendous since merms are so versitile and can kill any non aoe boss and being able to gather resources a lot faster. and for newer players veganism is a new downside that they will have to overcome and quickly before they get hurt to badly or starve. she is better solo play but she can still benefit with a team. so all in all her whole faction thing which you just gloss over as something small is really big and can change the entire course of the game

damn i must really be bored to have written that post about a fictional character

Wurt being a good logger/miner is already really strong synergy with other characters. My friend plays wigfrid, and it's incredibly useful to be able to amass rocks for battle helmets. Logs are just something you always want access to considering how nice roads are, and how much sailing is needed for the new content. Clever disguises also give Webber and Wortox access to bunnymen/bunnyman based spider farms without being attacked on sight. Plus, merms are the only minion you can keep right by your base with minimal downsides, as the only requirement is bundling a disguise near the tapestry if you forget to feed merm king (but he takes foreeeever to actually starve). They don't turn into werepigs, or attack you for carrying certain types of food, so as long as you feed merm king every so often they're a reliable workforce that won't attack every webber and wortox that comes along.

And that's not even getting into the pseudo-synergy of being a character who has literally no desire for the first eyebrella, or the increased speed and safety she has when gathering reeds, meaning she can help supply the papyrus needed for wicker's books better than any other character.

Archived