[Poll] Which characters DON'T you like?

A friendly reminder: they're all murderous, don't be sorry!  

379 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters DON'T you like?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter
    • Mod characters
    • I like them all and I would hug every one of them :3

Disclaimer:

I am aware this topic is referring to subjective opinions at best and to hurtful stereotypes and prejudice relating them at worst, so I am asking you to remain polite. Anything said in this topic will probably be personal opinions, so it's perfectly correct not to agree with them.

I hope I'm not doubling this topic, as I don't remember if it has been discussed already. I did a little bit of searching, but I'm quite terrible at it, so I wouldn't be surprised I missed it (or them!).
Nevertheless we met a couple of new survivors recently, so I figured we could stir the pot a little bit ;)

cookpot-sweettea.png.96bb53e02cd143081dcf4f9261e580bc.png

Please feel free to check a character if you don't like their personality, appearance,  their mechanics in game or even players that usually pick them.
I found out it's usually a little of it all and sometimes even something special.

Wilson, Wolfgang and Webber for me, sorry, not sorry :|

I think this poll is a little meanless because you are asking for choosing from all characters. It's not right to comparing reworked characters with non-reworked characters.

Worst reworked playstyle character is Winona bc she don't have anything interesting. Specially she don't have any real downside and her upsides are not ultra useful (Except boat+catapult which is basically cheat on bosses).

Worst non-reworked playstyle character is Wolfgang. That's not because he don't have potential, it's bc no one using him like what they should be. Wolfgang characters should hunt most of time because only thing they could add to team is it but they prefer to discovering and eating all stuffs that others find. They acting like boss and taking father figure of team. Its not about noobs too, I saw same selfishness on players that better than me. Also I don't like playstyle too because you have to kill to live. I mostly play passive and its not fitting me. And WX is useful only if you want to get rid of your gears. But at least he eat fridge, not food in it :D

Worst Artstyle winner is Wendy. Her head look like freaks from The Hills Have Eyes and Wrong Turn movies. She was look super cute on trailer but now uhmmmm... Also Walter look like have goiter. Wortox's default skin looks terrific, so I prefer the young one skin.

3 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I think this poll is a little meanless because you are asking for choosing from all characters. It's not right to comparing reworked characters with non-reworked characters.

It would be if I asked which of them IS the worst. That question would be objective and referring to their in-game overall potential.
My question was "Which characters DON'T you like" so it's about subjective opinions and emotions linked with characters.

I don't think my emotions towards Wolfgang would change after his rework, yet I could change my way of thinking about Wilson (although unlikely).
As I said, the "like/don't like" categorization is much more complex than "good/bad in-game" because it is based on our emotions and they're not always (in fact they're usually not) reasonable.

Voting for "Mod characters" is pretty stupid considering the vast majority of them are learning attempts or can't be made interesting due to lack of LUA knowledge or experience.

there are really sick modded characters out there, you just need to know which.

2 hours ago, Slagger said:

Worst Artstyle winner is Wendy. Her head look like freaks from The Hills Have Eyes and Wrong Turn movies. She was look super cute on trailer but now uhmmmm... 

Excuse me??

12 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I hope she will be reworked soon

She already got reworked

49 minutes ago, Well-met said:

the more this person is mentioned the more he is enabled.

You are helping him out.

Hey, I am just expressing my opinion

16 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I dont like winona. A wilson with 3 structures...

I hope she will be reworked soon

Dont make stupid people famous

I thought Edgy Rick is only hated amongst the noobs and intermediet players. I thought most pros agree with him. I mean, people like James Bucket and Jazzy games seemed cool with him.

5 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

I thought Edgy Rick is only hated amongst the noobs and intermediet players. I thought most pros agree with him. I mean, people like James Bucket and Jazzy games seemed cool with him.

He's arrogant and his fame is based on toxic responses, yet his advice are usually viable (considering efficiency).

Some people are aware it's just his thing to get views via bad reputation, but he's quite clever to get this famous.

The biggest mistake he made in my eyes was "why should YOU quit DST" video, which was then taken down when he saw he cannot get that many views with Minecraft content and he had to bow his head down and get back to creating DST videos.

In my opinion he's just dishonest and ungrateful to the game he owes so much. 

42 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

Excuse me??

She already got reworked

I mean a good and real rework

39 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

Hey, I am just expressing my opinion

Any dst creator is cool with him. At most they kinda respect him because edgy helps them to be known but his videos are full of bad advices and arrogant statements (like the when he said that you are noob if you dont play wolfgang or wickedbottom)

He is, and im not saying this to be offensive, a sad frustrated little kid with some kind of mental issue that makes him say things to feel special

27 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

He is, and im not saying this to be offensive, a sad frustrated little kid with some kind of mental issue that makes him say things to feel special

Well I'll be,... since you put it like that... understandable, have a great day.

1 hour ago, Sapientis said:

He's arrogant and his fame is based on toxic responses, yet his advice are usually viable (considering efficiency).

Some people are aware it's just his thing to get views via bad reputation, but he's quite clever to get this famous.

The biggest mistake he made in my eyes was "why should YOU quit DST" video, which was then taken down when he saw he cannot get that many views with Minecraft content and he had to bow his head down and get back to creating DST videos.

In my opinion he's just dishonest and ungrateful to the game he owes so much. 

Anyone that thinks that Wortox is pay to win needs help.

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Only 4 structures, 2 of them are to feed the other 2. The spotlight isnt good

So is a wilson with cathapults

ooooohhhhhh you're talking about winona.i thought you were talking about wendy

2 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

this thread has too much potential for chaos. are you sure it was a good idea?

Just according to keikaku...

I knew it was going to be interesting, but it's going other places I had imagined.

My thoughts about leading answers:

1. Mod characters are understandable, most players prefer vanilla characters than any modded ones (even if they might be cool at times)
  2. Wolfgang is stereotypically dumb, makes the game too easy at times, has annoying stage change mechanic, clears fridges as if he was paid to do so, his playstyle is also quite boring also Edgy Rick
  3. Walter is a lot harder to play than most players would like a ranged character to be, the slingshot is worse than most melee weapons, his sanity perk means inexperienced players lose sanity along losing health so it's a lot harder to restore health after a mistake, also his other perks are all over the place and not so meaningful either. I guess he might come off as arrogant and annoying?
  4. Wurt is a looong term character with some advantages, but not good enough to balance her disadvantages (Merm King doesn't add much besides some max stats and boost for Merm Guards, Merm houses are expensive and she still needs Pig Skins), also newly added leafy meat recipes should be for her and not for Wigfrid >:(
    Oh, Wurt is also racist so perhaps that might be hold against her?
  5. Winona is strange to see here for me, I like her concept and personality. I understand people don't like the idea of switch-build-switch character and I'd also want her to have something changing her playstyle. I still like her more than Wilson though...

Edit: Ah yes, I forgot Wurt can build houses for aggressive and territorial Merms near base, I actually don't play on publics that much...

Archived