[Poll] Which characters DON'T you like?

A friendly reminder: they're all murderous, don't be sorry!  

379 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters DON'T you like?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter
    • Mod characters
    • I like them all and I would hug every one of them :3

Just now, LinknAllie said:

Are the disguises for wild merms then?  Since whenever a wurt builds structures in worlds I host they always say that they have to make disguises whenever they try to put the buildings next to base.

they are used to be neutral towards merms because you will be aggroed by them if you get close to their homes and to be able to use them like if you were wurt but nothing else

you can harvest rocks and wood with a wurt with befriended merms without being in danger

i hate how people dont know how wurt works but critic that character when is one of the best characters for long term worlds

On 12/9/2020 at 7:35 AM, Well-met said:

there are really sick modded characters out there, you just need to know which.

All the effortless anime characters that infest the workshop

On 12/9/2020 at 10:37 AM, thegreatJash said:

Anyone that thinks that Wortox is pay to win needs help.

He is pay to win.

20 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but they can heal 40 for 1 meat, 1 veggie, 1 egg and a filler which is less tedious to farm

Well. In the early game. (First 10 days). Killing 7 butterflies is a whole lot easier than going to the swamp for reeds, then waiting for birds to drop seeds, then killing spiders for silk to make a bird trap, then waiting for a bird to land on it. 

Not to mention the butterfly killing can be automated with a riled abigail nearby

Spoiler

But there's also just a lot better options out there for healing other than mediocre Pierogi which is honestly harder to make than most other healing foods.

Things like trail mix for easy and fast early healing. Just berries and birch nuts.

Honey ham for both hunger and healing. Just 2 meat 2 honey.

Beefy greens, 3 stone fruit/ carrots and a leafy meat. Same as pierogi but feeds even more hunger and easier to make.

And surf n turf, 2 monster meat and 2 large fish for 60 healing and 33 sanity

15 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Well. In the early game. (First 10 days). Killing 7 butterflies is a whole lot easier than going to the swamp for reeds, then waiting for birds to drop seeds, then killing spiders for silk to make a bird trap, then waiting for a bird to land on it. 

Not to mention the butterfly killing can be automated with a riled abigail nearby

Hide contents

But there's also just a lot better options out there for healing other than mediocre Pierogi which is honestly harder to make than most other healing foods.

Things like trail mix for easy and fast early healing. Just berries and birch nuts.

Honey ham for both hunger and healing. Just 2 meat 2 honey.

Beefy greens, 3 stone fruit/ carrots and a leafy meat. Same as pierogi but feeds even more hunger and easier to make.

And surf n turf, 2 monster meat and 2 large fish for 60 healing and 33 sanity

was an example

birch nuts, unless you use bearger, are a slow to farm

On 12/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, Sapientis said:

1. Winona is strange to see here for me, I like her concept and personality. I understand people don't like the idea of switch-build-switch character and I'd also want her to have something changing her playstyle. I still like her more than Wilson though...

She just falls a bit.....too flat with the structures.
The Catapults are semi decent,the spotlight is just straight up bad and the generators being able to be fueled by anyone makes her just a "select and switch" character for farms.

She just needs more interesting/useful structures,plus if she did,we could finally have a reason to use nitre in anything.

7 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

And you're telling me he's a "balanced and fair character" suuuure.

976655974_Wortoxabouthimself.jpg.9a9aeeb69264aee8aace9444226b1bc7.jpg

Even Klei doesn't say he's balanced, but lately what balance is anyway?

Wendy and Wigfrid are great in larger groups, Warly is straight up broken, Wickerbottom and Wormwood are unmatched supports, Wolfgang can be twice as good as an average character when it comes to fighting.

This game is not, nor should it be, balanced because it's not PvP oriented (yet making paid characters stronger than average character definitely is some kind of a choice).

2 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

Every character has a strength and weakness. Ruling out everything except their strength, in this case Wortox's healing abilities, and calling it "op" is just flat out dumb and lazy.

Explain how he is balanced then.  Please,  go ahead.  

1 hour ago, LinknAllie said:

Explain how he is balanced then.  Please,  go ahead.  

he has to consume 2x the amount of food as others, he has to pay mind to his souls because he gets a penalty AND loses several if he takes too many(wortox paired with wendy can get very bad very quickly), he loses sanity when using his souls and he is attacked by friendly mobs. yes he has healing but it comes with several set-backs that keep him from being overpowered

9 minutes ago, gaymime said:

he has to consume 2x the amount of food as others

but he can eat souls

10 minutes ago, gaymime said:

, he has to pay mind to his souls because he gets a penalty AND loses several if he takes too many(wortox paired with wendy can get very bad very quickly)

which means that in such situations all the players nearby will be at 100% hp

11 minutes ago, gaymime said:

he loses sanity when using his souls

only when eaten

11 minutes ago, gaymime said:

he is attacked by friendly mobs

that only means that he needs another player, a full moon pig farm to get pigs skin or not being able to cheese beequeen with bunnymen

13 minutes ago, gaymime said:

yes he has healing but it comes with several set-backs that keep him from being overpowered

he is overpowered but atleast has a lot of downsides and is fun to use, but overpowered after all

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but he can eat souls

which means that in such situations all the players nearby will be at 100% hp

only when eaten

that only means that he needs another player, a full moon pig farm to get pigs skin or not being able to cheese beequeen with bunnymen

he is overpowered but atleast has a lot of downsides and is fun to use, but overpowered after all

-shrugs- your definition of overpowered might be well and good outside of my own if the simple fact of having healing is enough to negate all other aspects of the character

This thread went way off topic- but the characters I don’t like EQUALLY as Much-

are Wes, Wolfgang & Wilson.

They are all very boring with either increased or decreased stats and not much else.. a gimmicky beard, or some gimmicky Balloons.. it is soooooo out dated and KLEI KNOWS ITS OUTDATED.. 

that’s the important part- They have characters that still play largely the same as their 2013 solo versions, It is now 2021.. we are two years away from having ten years have passed between DS & DST-

To put that into perspective for you: Compare GTA 4 to GTA V or Batman Arkham Asylum to Batman Arkham Knight.

They NEED to change.. they NEED to be made more interesting, I want to be able to pick up and toss team mates across gaps while in mighty mode, I want to see What Wilson learned between the conclusion of DS and where he is now in DST, and I want to know exactly what the heck Balloon-O-Mancy even is when it comes to Wes.

The 3 characters I choose- were chosen because currently they’re like blank empty slates: There’s TONS of room for improvements.

I want to see more Wendy/Willow level refreshes.

7 hours ago, gaymime said:

-shrugs- your definition of overpowered might be well and good outside of my own if the simple fact of having healing is enough to negate all other aspects of the character

Easy insta healing and the ability to jump to the other corner of the screen without wasting lazy explorer makes him soooo hard to be killed. But ok, he is balanced because few weak downsides

On 12/9/2020 at 8:17 AM, TheTruth said:

I thought Edgy Rick is only hated amongst the noobs and intermediet players. I thought most pros agree with him. I mean, people like James Bucket and Jazzy games seemed cool with him.

I would say I'm an "Experienced" player, and to me, Edgy Rick stinks. Sure, his way is "Technically" the superior way to play. But not everyone like to play the way he does. If you don't play the game with 100% efficiency, you are playing it wrong. That guy is actually the worst.

Edgy Rick's Way To Play:

• Play Wolfgang, and Only Wolfgang.
  • Rush ruins
  • Always be insane no matter what.
  • Live off of pierogi and Lichen
  • Wigfrid is horrible to play because Wolfgang is better

If you even try to slightly play a little bit different, you are wrong and stupid in every way, play the Edgy Rick way!

Sincerely,

Cactus

48 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

I mean, I shouldn't really have to. Unlike Wickerbottom or WX, he has actual downsides, and just because he can heal himself extremely quickly doesnt immediately make him overpowered.

Downsides & Upsides are entirely subjective to the player playing the character- what YOU the player struggle at most doing and not necessarily the character themselves.. 

Believe it or not some people still struggle with Wickerbottom’s inability to sleep. Or Some Wendy players actually get Abigail killed and suffer that damage reduction penalty. 

Wortox’s souls stack to 20 (I usually carry no higher than 6-8) 20 is a ridiculous amount of healing and teleporting.. and in fact I would prefer he only had a max of 6-8 which would make his downside come into play far more often then it does now.. and would also make you (the player) have to decide the best use for your limited souls.

Do you A- Heal the nearest group of players, B- Heal Yourself, or C- Use the souls as a food source to sustain yourself?

Questions that don’t really come into play because well your stacking 20 of them..

Using another game as an Example: When Lifeline uses her Healing Bot in Apex Legends- if only one player is attached to the Bot it heals them for Max Health, but if Two or even all Three squad members are hooked up to the healing Bot, the amount of heals each player gets is divided between them.

Wortox in DST doesn’t work this way... he doesn’t for example: Heal himself or another player for more healing point values if he is ONLY healing himself or that other player, no instead He heals EVERYONE near him for the same amount of health points with the use of a single soul.

And personally the way I feel about that is if his souls are going to stack to 20 then he should play more like lifeline (needs more souls to heal large group, less souls to individual heal one at a time)

Because as he stands right now... Wortox OP needs Nerf.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Downsides & Upsides are entirely subjective to the player playing the character- what YOU the player struggle at most doing and not necessarily the character themselves.. 

Believe it or not some people still struggle with Wickerbottom’s inability to sleep. Or Some Wendy players actually get Abigail killed and suffer that damage reduction penalty. 

Wortox’s souls stack to 20 (I usually carry no higher than 6-8) 20 is a ridiculous amount of healing and teleporting.. and in fact I would prefer he only had a max of 6-8 which would make his downside come into play far more often then it does now.. and would also make you (the player) have to decide the best use for your limited souls.

Do you A- Heal the nearest group of players, B- Heal Yourself, or C- Use the souls as a food source to sustain yourself?

Questions that don’t really come into play because well your stacking 20 of them..

Using another game as an Example: When Lifeline uses her Healing Bot in Apex Legends- if only one player is attached to the Bot it heals them for Max Health, but if Two or even all Three squad members are hooked up to the healing Bot, the amount of heals each player gets is divided between them.

Wortox in DST doesn’t work this way... he doesn’t for example: Heal himself or another player for more healing point values if he is ONLY healing himself or that other player, no instead He heals EVERYONE near him for the same amount of health points with the use of a single soul.

And personally the way I feel about that is if his souls are going to stack to 20 then he should play more like lifeline (needs more souls to heal large group, less souls to individual heal one at a time)

Because as he stands right now... Wortox OP needs Nerf.

You can use this same logic for Wortox though, some people struggle to deal with sanity and some people struggle to survive without followers.

Whether or not people can deal with insanity or not, Wortox’s downside is that he needs to attend to his sanity more often than other characters.

Also people need to stop treating this game with tier lists and how some characters are pay-to-win and other nonsense. It’s a survival game, not a pvp game.

7 hours ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Also people need to stop treating this game with tier lists and how some characters are pay-to-win and other nonsense. It’s a survival game, not a pvp game.

this, a thousand times, yes. Tierlists don't mean jack when you have not the skill to fully use a character in DST to their strengths and weaknesses, despite the difference in advantages and disadvantages.

on another note, i can't say i actively dislike a character in DS

Archived