[Game Update] - 443554

• Developer

Reap what you Sow Beta Hotfix (443490 + 443554)

Changes

• Added the Seed Pack-It, a special 14-slot backpack for holding seeds, this will prioritize seeds to go into the backpack, over the inventory.
    • Prioritizing items required significant changes to how the inventory is handled on the client, if you get any weird visual glitches or bugs, please report them!
  • Hallowed Nights trinkets will now prioritize being placed in the Candy Bag.
  • Tweaked the Lord of the Fruit Flies behaviors and hp.
  • Tweaked the spawning conditions of the Lord of the Fruit Flies.
  • Fruit Flies will now attack the player when the Lord of the Fruit Flies is dead
  • Fruit Flies will now drop seeds on death.
  • Fruit Flies will take longer to plant weeds and make plants unhappy.
  • Wormwood planting of seeds, when not in tilled soil, will now indicate if it will be placed inside a farm tile

Plant Tuning

• Adjusted the allowed space between plants to only allow 9 to 10 plants in one tile (Sorry, sowing 16 seeds was not intended)
  • Regular sized farm plants that are left to rot will self-sow a new plant after a few days
  • Plants are no longer tolerant of any weeds, rotting plants, etc (previously they would tolerate 1 being nearby)
  • Adjusted the nutrient values for some plants
  • Fruit Flies will occasionally spawn when picking rotted crops.
  • Giant rotting veggies will release 2 Fruit Flies when destroyed and less seeds than before

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the item pickup animation not playing when using the integrated backpack layout.
  • Fixed the research action not working in some cases.
  • Wormwood’s wild planting now properly collapses nearby soil.
  • Fixed not being able to target the ground with fertilizers when playing with a gamepad.

Notes for Modders

• Containers now have a priorityfn allowing containers to specify high priority items that should go into the container instead of the inventory. This will run on the client and server.

Hotfix 443554

• Fixed a crash when holding shift to shift move items into containers

View full update

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 2
  • Hunger 1
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • GL Happy 2

The Seed Pack-It definitely sounds really useful now that there are so many more crop seeds being produced! I don't have the beta installed--how many slots does it have?

The addition of prioritization with the Candy Bag is very nice too, having to move all my trinkets from my inventory to the bag got pretty annoying during Hallowed Nights.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.661e28e009145e524f34fba8e3fd6ba4.png

Spacing difference from my test world, if anyone's interested.

14 minutes ago, mac and cheese said:

The Seed Pack-It definitely sounds really useful now that there are so many more crop seeds being produced! I don't have the beta installed--how many slots does it have?

14 slots, like the Krampus Sack. Enough to fit one stack of seeds for every crop in the game. No spoilage rate reduction, as far as I can tell, though. I don't think I'll be using it since my seeds spoil often enough in a fridge as-is.

image.png.7f175f4aaea18aebbebbadd3f32228b8.png

Recipe, if anyone's interested.

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad Dupe 1

Oh! I just figured out the point of the Seed Pack-It. It’s really not intended as a long term seed storage, but is more of an inventory sorting tool.

For example, if you had a garden with all 14 crops and harvested them all at the same time you would be given 28 different items. This makes it a lot cleaner by sorting them into two different areas.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2

43 minutes ago, Electroely said:

image.thumb.png.661e28e009145e524f34fba8e3fd6ba4.png

Spacing difference from my test world, if anyone's interested.

14 slots, like the Krampus Sack. Enough to fit one stack of seeds for every crop in the game. No spoilage rate reduction, as far as I can tell, though. I don't think I'll be using it since my seeds spoil often enough in a fridge as-is.

image.png.7f175f4aaea18aebbebbadd3f32228b8.pngI believe this pack should reduce spoilage of seeds

Recipe, if anyone's interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Adjusted the nutrient values for some plants

Seeing this is worrying considering I (as well as many others) have already started planning out perfectly balanced crop combos. I suppose that's the risk of making plans based on a beta. I just hope the pepper-garlic-onion synergy was intentional or will remain untouched lol

• Like 4

Omg I'm so glad you took the suggestion to add a backpack for seeds , maybe you even saw my suggestion for it! <3 Such great devs <33

I would like to add some feedback for wortox players, when I am farming it's hard to aim exactly to get the Till option so sometimes I just end up soul hopping because that's the default option,maybe you could make it so he can't soul hop on soil while holding a gardening hoe? :)

• Like 12

• Developer
17 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Seeing this is worrying considering I (as well as many others) have already started planning out perfectly balanced crop combos. I suppose that's the risk of making plans based on a beta.

We are hoping these changes are the final values. Fingers crossed.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Wavey 2

Adjusted the allowed space between plants to only allow 9 to 10 plants in one tile (Sorry, sowing 16 seeds was not intended)

thats kinda sad. how about returning it and making it as an official feature?:wilson_shocked: cuz that allowed us to perfectly plan our crop planting 

Edited by Duck986
  • Like 2

Adjusted the allowed space between plants to only allow 9 to 10 plants in one tile (Sorry, sowing 16 seeds was not intended)

Yeah i really love if this returned back as a feature. It also was balanced since the amount of crops drained the water and nutrients more.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Adjusted the nutrient values for some plants

The new crop combos can be located here. A legacy version of the old crop combos are also there for you to compare.

FYI, 1:1 crop auto nutrient combos are no more.

21 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
39 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Seeing this is worrying considering I (as well as many others) have already started planning out perfectly balanced crop combos. I suppose that's the risk of making plans based on a beta.

We are hoping these changes are the final values. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, about that.....  : p

Edited by lakhnish
text size

2 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Am I the only one that notices increased difficulty when trying to get 9 planting holes within 1 tile ? Like it cant be done without going all the way to the very edge of the tile

I can't make 3x3's either. Others I'm speaking to are having trouble as well

• Like 6
  • Sad 2