[Game Update] - 443554

The biggest change i found with this hotfix is that family members of crops are hard to accomplish due to the upload space between crops, before this i could do 2 crops apart and be part of the same family, in every direction even diagonal, now with the less crops you can put in a 2x2 tile area it's really hard to balance the nutrients and also to put all the crops to be part of the same family to grow giant crops.

• Like 2

Just now, Ahad Ahmet Unal said:

sorry, "pretty fast" ?

Yes, pretty fast for a thing you can't even use every season and spend so much time to get. Sometimes you have to wait 15-20 days for their season, which is half of spoilage time and then you'll plant certain combo-wombos were you don't need certain types of seeds, but will need them later. 

• Like 1

e3xsg0r5n0c41.jpg

1 minute ago, landromat said:

Yes, pretty fast for a thing you can't even use every season and spend so much time to get. Sometimes you have to wait 15-20 days for their season, which is half of spoilage time and then you'll plant certain combo-wombos were you don't need certain types of seeds, but will need them later. 

yeah, like the food you get more than your current need. you'll wrap them up! 

Edited by Ahad Ahmet Unal
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ahad Ahmet Unal said:

yeah, like the food you get more than your current need. you'll wrap them up! 

Yeah farming is now an early game option but if you want it to be consistent  you have to kill queen bee, i'll go watch some queen bee speedruns i guess

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, landromat said:

The main problem with your logic is that all seeds last 40 days with no spoilage modifiers, which is longer then any one, normal season. With refrigeration, a seed can last for 80 days, meaning that it can be used after a entire year or be used in any season  as long as you don't intentionally sleep on it. Planting any seed will result in a fresh crop, and thus there is literally no drawbacks to this strategy.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

The main problem with your logic is that all seeds last 40 days with no spoilage modifiers, which is longer then any one, normal season. With refrigeration, a seed can last for 80 days, meaning that it can be used after a entire year or be used in any season  as long as you don't intentionally sleep on it. Planting any seed will result in a fresh crop, and thus there is literally no drawbacks to this strategy.

So i have to build 2 ice boxes dedicated to seeds only for that, and there is not even a thing as big ice box or seed ice box. There is a lot of seeds. A lot. And it makes whole planting bulky and clumsy. Want to store seeds? 2 ice boxes, or kill beequeen and then pack-unpack what you need constantly, Switch between fridges to find what you need etc etc. Spoilage is just cherry on top of all that uncomfortable system

Edited by landromat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Well-met said:

everybody who's heavily invested in DST already know or played the beta

the general populace died on the first winter and wouldn't know about farms either way

Neah, it will be hilarious; because update will obviously be advertised on Steam the day is out and peeps from all walks of life will eagerly try it thinking they can survive on new plots-farming, a new Holy Grail and crutch - pubs very included. Of course they'll have no clue about nutrients, singing and all that, or about Lords of Fruitflies, yet results from a by-standard pov will boarder on the tragi-comical. Chat will be glorious to read.

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

overcomplicate to plant the excess of seeds and abandon the farm?

im getting arround 60 + seeds by just plating all and watering them, the ground didnt even have nutrients at this point and they keep growing fine

such a complicate thing

Edit: f******ck i cant do 1dragon fruit+ 2 tomatoes anymore

Oh you poor thing, it shows you have no clue about pubs. Them people eat any seeds found on ground to begin with :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, landromat said:

So i have to build 2 ice boxes dedicated to seeds only for that, and there is not even a thing as big ice box or seed ice box

dude if you cant get enough resource for 2 more fridge, you should consider learning how to get those first instead of what are you going to do with out of season seeds

1 minute ago, Ahad Ahmet Unal said:

dude if you cant get enough resource for 2 more fridge, you should consider learning how to those first instead of what are you going to do with out of season seeds

You didn't read the whole comment, arent you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Thank you for all the feedback. We are going over it today and are aiming to have another hotfix out before the end of day (our time is GMT-8).

Thanks for listening our feedback! :wickerbottomthanks:

Edited by mkemal23
  • Big Ups 1

24 minutes ago, landromat said:

did i? i already forgot lol

you are being ridiculous. And you are saying that farmin is an early game option. Lets say you started a new game, it is autumn, you will try to locate somewhere first to build up a farm and base. so lets take 10 days with gathering things around the world and now you have 10 days to farm. They are growing in 2 days so you have 5 times. lets say you found 40 seeds until day 10 and keep all of em, you need to plant em all first and see what you can grow in autumn, you have 8 days left. Some of them wont be autumn seed and will grow slower so lets say 20 of them autumn veggie and fruits. Now you have 8 days to repeat this. so you wont be using crops that needs big amount of resource, so you will just spam a few crops so you wont have much variety of seeds right. lets say you babysit them and perfectly grow them, btw you will need some fertilizers to grow them perfectly cuz this update kinda break the combos, so you wont be able to gather that much fertilizer. lets say 10-15 out of 20 are "cheap" crops now you have around 30 seeds. since you had 10 days to gather some resource, you at least have 10 gears in a normal world. since the game gives you more seeds that you can already grow properly, devs say just plant them somewhere and get whatever they give since they are more than you need or just eat them as a seed. so in the 2nd year you want to be have like 1 stack of the first 2-3 crop so you will just keep them in your fridge and eat or use the other ones. so if u use 3 gears out of additional 10, you'll have 3 fridges. you will use 2 for crops since its your main resource of food. 9x2 you have 18 slots and in autumn you will use 3 of them. now you have 15 slots to put other seeds. and since you can grow a certain crop at least in 2 seasons, you can dont let them spoil and refresh again and again with the new harvested seeds. SO 40 days of spoilage is more than enough and stop being dramatic.

8 hours ago, Psychomaniac said:

Klei keep changing Crops Nutrient cycle, made many self-feeding combo not working. 

Maybe i should sit back and wait for Crop's nutrient cycle to settle.

As for Fertilizer, think with the self-feeding combo you don't need to fertilize while farming, and after harvest, just dig-up the plot with a fork and create a new plot >>> free starter nutrient.

Look how easy farming can be with the 4x4 plot + the old nutrient system

Hide contents

All 14 crops, Self-feeding and all giant. 1rst Row is in Spring, 2nd row is in Autumn

image.thumb.png.2f9f7c501e7999e00110db39286ce49f.png

I truly hope they bring this back

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ahad Ahmet Unal said:

What are you talking about. A have all of different types of seeds in first autumn, and all i want is to be able to store them in one place without worries about spoilage because farming is not the only thing you do in this game and if seeds spoiled you'll have to start it all over. Screw fridges and bundles, i hate them

8 minutes ago, landromat said:

What are you talking about. A have all of different types of seeds in first autumn, and all i want is to be able to store them in one place without worries about spoilage because farming is not the only thing you do in this game and if seeds spoiled you'll have to start it all over. Screw fridges and bundles, i hate them

let's keep it dramatic:

*screw the everything i can use, everything that game gives me to be able to not lose my food over spoilage, i want to do nothing and still dont lose my food, and i am so lazy that i just want to do collecting all the seeds once and never again.* *starts crying* WHAT KIND OF GAME IS THIS???

Just now, Ahad Ahmet Unal said:

let's keep it dramatic:

*screw the everything i can use, everything that game gives me to be able to not lose my food over spoilage, i want to do nothing and still dont lose my food, and i am so lazy that i just want to do collecting all the seeds once and never again.* *starts crying*

pretty much. But nvm, already found mod to stop seed spoilage which ill probably use because of how inconvenient seed system is. Seed backpack is a cool thing if your seeds never spoil

My first impression still feels true. Options are narrowed down. 4x4s were balanced in their own right because plants absorbed a plethora of nutrients and water, and likely needed micro managed with fertilizers. 1:1 combos removed not only takes away more versatality, but easier early game combos to get a start on. The new nutrient system makes you have to be a mathematician to get these combos right since you can only pair 3+ now. Honestly, I couldn't farm without a cheat sheet.

After looking at what crops you can actually combo, it felt bad learning that you cannot get onion or garlic combinations until spring, and pepper now only has an easy combo in Summer. Prepatch all 3 of these comboed in autumn, so the new combos are a big hit to early game Warly which felt unreasonable.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 2

I agree with the other people here. Sadly, I don't have a screenshot or anything of the old nutrient system, but this new one makes creating combos basically impossible. I'm not the smartest guy, but I've been staring at the charts for a while and couldn't figure out a solid combo, BECAUSE you can no longer plant 16 crops in one tile. With the current combo system, you need the amount of plants that can fit into a tile to be dividable by 4, which is not the case. I don't know how strong being able to fir 16 plants into a tile was, but since surviving without farming ain't no problem, I wouldn't mind having farming be strong. I think it might be worth a try, HOWEVER, as Scott already said they are discussing it again, which is neat, and I'd like to see how that turns out. The old system, as said by many was pretty much perfect, and if they want to keep the 9 plant/tile limit, it's okay, just rework the nutrient amounts to be dividable by 3, then.

• Like 1