Shouldn't be table salt - a bit - more powerful?

Yea, it is pretty anemic.  Even on maps with tons of salt, the time spent crushing it into table salt just isn't worth the +1 morale.  I can't even muster the effort to restrict who can eat it to only those that need the extra morale.

True ... there are a lot of unbalanced things .

Soda Fountain give +4morale/+1science at the cost of 5kg water and 1kg CO2, which is very cheap.

Espresso Machine give +4/+1 but need 1kg pepper per use, or 2 domestic pepper plant per dupe.

The stupid Juicer also give +4/+1 but need ~1400kcal worth of low quality food, or ~4 domestic plant per dupe.

Could we talk about the time spent in beach chair or vertical wind tunnel ? Even if it was giving +30 moral, that would still be a waste. The difference between most recreation stuff in dup's time, and those two, is insane.

Chemie is correct.  It's not the anemic morale bonus, it's the horrendous ratio.  

1) you have to run the crusher at least once for EVERY dupe, and by the time you're done with all the dupes, you probably need to start over again.

2) you have to go through a lot of raw salt.  Admittedly, there's not much other use for salt, but still...

If I could supply several dupes worth of table salt per use of the crusher, then it might be worth it as just another little morale booster bonus.

As it is, table salt gets basically ignored as a possibility.

If you up the supply of salt, then it's just another barely noticeable +1 for every dupe.  All but the lowest tiers of food give at least +3, and that's kind of a side effect: the main reason for food is to live.  Salt being kind of rare, but giving +3 morale might put it in the realm of "save it for those who need a little extra boost".

Make table salt, get sand... Best renewable filtration medium operation before opening the rooftop of your asteroid (if you have a salt water geyser or a chlorine geyser + dasha saltvines...)
As such, I got kilos of table salt even if I'm already sending rockets... gives dupes something to do with the rock crusher...

1 hour ago, Notecja said:

I would prefer to "crush 100kg of salt to get 10kg of table salt", than "crush 100kg salt to get 5g salt".

1 kg would even be fine. (even 50g would be "fine") or ANY way to fully automate it. maybe melting the salt could seperate the tablesalt from the sand like with saltwater?

You guys are forgetting that a dupe only uses 1g of salt per serving...so its 100kg for 5 table salts, which i think is workable...

the change i would actually like is if the salt had diff effects on diff food. A salty sruffed berry ought to taste worse than a salted shroom wrap, right??

37 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

You guys are forgetting that a dupe only uses 1g of salt per serving...so its 100kg for 5 table salts, which i think is workable...

the change i would actually like is if the salt had diff effects on diff food. A salty sruffed berry ought to taste worse than a salted shroom wrap, right??

Still 4 work errands per cycle for 20 dupes for +1 morale... 1 work errand per cycle would be more reasonable. So +1 morale for 1 work errand and 100 kg salt give 20g table salt or more morale.

5 hours ago, Thilo87 said:

Still 4 work errands per cycle for 20 dupes for +1 morale... 1 work errand per cycle would be more reasonable. So +1 morale for 1 work errand and 100 kg salt give 20g table salt or more morale.

You forgot the delivery errands ....

ED : My bad these errand are irrelevant.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:58 AM, MinhPham said:

True ... there are a lot of unbalanced things .

Soda Fountain give +4morale/+1science at the cost of 5kg water and 1kg CO2, which is very cheap.

Espresso Machine give +4/+1 but need 1kg pepper per use, or 2 domestic pepper plant per dupe.

The stupid Juicer also give +4/+1 but need ~1400kcal worth of low quality food, or ~4 domestic plant per dupe.

Drink machines look better than they are. Their effect duration is pathetic.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:35 AM, OxCD said:

Could we talk about the time spent in beach chair or vertical wind tunnel ? Even if it was giving +30 moral, that would still be a waste. The difference between most recreation stuff in dup's time, and those two, is insane.

You can disable the wind tunnel before the dupes are done using it and they'll still get the buff.  

I still find Morale as a whole to be unbalanced.

There's not enough perks to really warrant having really skyhigh morale, because more morale = more time spent on amenities which loops around because more time spent on amenities = less work... If there were lategame traits like +1 Dig or Build range, then I'd definitely consider having dupes with 25 morale or something, and would put more value even into the little things, like salt.. maybe, okay maybe not. I agree, table salt needs something too, but Morale and the Skills system still feels like it didn't get enough work for the lategame.

Archived